Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Vehicle1ne warranty anyone have and use it??

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 06:39 PM
miwitte
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Vehicle1ne warranty anyone have and use it??

So I am still looking around for a nice clean unmolested car that i can get some kind of warranty for. 10 Years ago it wouldnt have been a big deal I can fix just about anything on a car now its a little harder to get under the car and do things and frankly this car is expensive to fix if something major happens.

So my price range is 44-46, that puts me in 2007 Z06 range so the 3/36 bumper to bumper is out but the 5/100k powertrain is good if it hasnt been messed with.

Fitchner offers a policy through Vehicle1ne, and according to him and the website they bought and are owned by GMAC. He said that if you call them for a claim, you actually get the GMPP operators and there is no issue with getting a bumper to bumper for a Z06 as long as it passes this checklist that a dealer has to perform. So for about $2300, I can get a 5yr/100k bumper to bumper and it covers everything including high end electronics(no brakes, clutch, shocks etc.)

Just wanted to know if anyone else has this and if they used it for a expensive fix. Thanks in advance!!
Old 07-19-2011, 07:24 PM
RUGBY
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by miwitte
So I am still looking around for a nice clean unmolested car that i can get some kind of warranty for. 10 Years ago it wouldnt have been a big deal I can fix just about anything on a car now its a little harder to get under the car and do things and frankly this car is expensive to fix if something major happens.

So my price range is 44-46, that puts me in 2007 Z06 range so the 3/36 bumper to bumper is out but the 5/100k powertrain is good if it hasnt been messed with.

Fitchner offers a policy through Vehicle1ne, and according to him and the website they bought and are owned by GMAC. He said that if you call them for a claim, you actually get the GMPP operators and there is no issue with getting a bumper to bumper for a Z06 as long as it passes this checklist that a dealer has to perform. So for about $2300, I can get a 5yr/100k bumper to bumper and it covers everything including high end electronics(no brakes, clutch, shocks etc.)

Just wanted to know if anyone else has this and if they used it for a expensive fix. Thanks in advance!!
I have the VehicleOne warranty on my 06Z. Keeps me covered til 2015.

Previous owner purchased it.

I haven't had to use it yet. I like the piece of mind.

I have 18K miles.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:29 PM
rapidroy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You could get lucky and find an '07 that has an extended GMPP Major Guard warranty on it already. I pick up my '08 Z06 that has the Major Guard on it until June, 2014, and I can then extend it one more time if I do so before April, 2014. Just keep your eye out for it as a lot of original owners do put the GMPP on their cars before the bumper to bumper warranty expires - actually 2 months and/or 2000 miles before it expires.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:05 PM
miwitte
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yep looking for a GMPP car as well they are few and far between. I am no stranger to doing work on cars, I just sold my 442
to by a Z06. I just dont have the time to work on a car I just wanna drive!!http://www.cardomain.com/ride/216799...oldsmobile-442

Get notified of new replies

To Vehicle1ne warranty anyone have and use it??

Quick Reply: [Z06] Vehicle1ne warranty anyone have and use it??