Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Pocono Raceway, Hissing/Gurgling and Vehicle 1 svc rec.

Old 07-30-2011, 11:43 AM
ferravette
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Pocono Raceway, Hissing/Gurgling and Vehicle 1 svc rec.

Hey Guys,

First of all i have to say i think these cars are amazing. I recently did a few sessions at Pocono raceway (07 Z06) and i went around the track faster than ever before. Then i let the instructor drive w the blue group and all i can say is WOW. When we pulled into the pits i had a wall to wall grin on my face.
I felt like giving him the keys and saying "here u deserve this, i'll probably never be able to drive like that". My car has the bistein upgrades and Nitto NT05's.

I admit i have not been at Pocono in many years, so i was a bit rusty especially in the infield, but i have to tip my hat to the female driver (i think her name was Melissa) of a red Z06. I let her by right before going into the infield and tried to keep up with her. Not happening. She was hitting the lines perfectly. By the time i got out of the infield she was 'waaayyyy up there'. Well done

The other day after shutting the car off i was walking by the passenger side of the car and i heard what sounded like an air leak fron the front tire. Then it started to gurgle. I thought i might have a hole in a hose, but no leaks. Opened the hood, took the passenger side engine cover off and the hissing/gurgling sounded like it was coming from the rear passenger side of the engine, right around the firewall. I did a search and one other person had this issue, w a base c6 but no specific diagnosis was suggested. Anyone else get this?

Finally, if this is a servicing issue can anyone recommend in the tri-state area (am in NYC) a repair shop that will honor the Vehicle One after market warranty.

Thanks

Last edited by ferravette; 07-30-2011 at 11:45 AM.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:55 AM
Joe C5
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Condensate drain from AC dripping on exhaust. Great design .
Old 08-01-2011, 08:48 AM
ferravette
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe C5
Condensate drain from AC dripping on exhaust. Great design .
Thank you Joe. Mistery solved. I do agree, great design
Being an exotic car owner I guess I can say this to people: ' yea that's the ZO6 digesting the Ferrari or lambo it had for lunch'.

No flames intended here.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:58 AM
BEZ06
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 833 Likes on 594 Posts

It looks like you spend some time in Florida.

If you had a good time at Pocono, you will enjoy running the tracks down here. Take a look at this Hooked On Driving info and you'll see they run events at West Palm, Homestead, Sebring, Roebling (up near Savannah), and Daytona:

http://www.hookedondriving.com/hooked-on-driving-events

Maybe you're aware of the Italian marque events at Pocono and their Daytona event in Nov:

http://www.italiancarevents.com/

But there are a PBOC event in Oct, and the Hooked On Driving event in conjunction with Audi in Dec.

So....if you liked Pocono I bet you'll really like running the Rolex24 course at Daytona as well!!

Hope to see you at one of the Daytona events this fall!!!

Bob

Old 08-01-2011, 01:13 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06SV
Hey Guys,

First of all i have to say i think these cars are amazing. I recently did a few sessions at Pocono raceway (07 Z06) and i went around the track faster than ever before. Then i let the instructor drive w the blue group and all i can say is WOW. When we pulled into the pits i had a wall to wall grin on my face.
I felt like giving him the keys and saying "here u deserve this, i'll probably never be able to drive like that". My car has the bistein upgrades and Nitto NT05's.

I admit i have not been at Pocono in many years, so i was a bit rusty especially in the infield, but i have to tip my hat to the female driver (i think her name was Melissa) of a red Z06. I let her by right before going into the infield and tried to keep up with her. Not happening. She was hitting the lines perfectly. By the time i got out of the infield she was 'waaayyyy up there'. Well done

The other day after shutting the car off i was walking by the passenger side of the car and i heard what sounded like an air leak fron the front tire. Then it started to gurgle. I thought i might have a hole in a hose, but no leaks. Opened the hood, took the passenger side engine cover off and the hissing/gurgling sounded like it was coming from the rear passenger side of the engine, right around the firewall. I did a search and one other person had this issue, w a base c6 but no specific diagnosis was suggested. Anyone else get this?

Finally, if this is a servicing issue can anyone recommend in the tri-state area (am in NYC) a repair shop that will honor the Vehicle One after market warranty.

Thanks
I'm curious as to the top speed you were able to get on the Pocona speedway. I have hit 162 MPH on Talledaga, and Bob(BEZ06) above hit 175 MPH at Daytona.

I've driven on three of the NASCAR tracks(Indy, Texas & Talladega) and am signed up for Daytona this fall. I hope to duplicate Bob's 175 MPH as he crosses over the start/finish line as shown in his video.

Last edited by JoesC5; 08-01-2011 at 01:19 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Pocono Raceway, Hissing/Gurgling and Vehicle 1 svc rec.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] Pocono Raceway, Hissing/Gurgling and Vehicle 1 svc rec.