Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Oil leak under the car!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 12:25 AM
seung012
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Oil leak under the car!!!

I have a quick question again. After the header install, I seem to be leaking oil from the sub pump line... the 2 lines that go under the motor which I had to unbolt and remove in order to fit the passenger header in. It seems like it dones't leak while the car is off but when running, it does drip out. What could I change or do to fix this problem there? someone mention o ring or oil ring??? I'm not too familiar with the parts on this car so I'm trying to learn. Please let me know what you think. THanks!
Old 08-09-2011, 02:29 AM
edmundu
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

IF the lines are leaking at the connection to the oil pan, then yes, it is the o-rings that you will need to replace. Unless for some reason, when you disassemble it, you find that it might have just rolled, or not seated properly in the groove.

Should be a quick fix. But not a cheap one, unless you save that fresh oil you just put in....

Quick Reply: [Z06] Oil leak under the car!!!