Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Pfadt Race Engineering brings you: Q&A session with racing legend Johnny O'Connell

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 01:32 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Pfadt Race Engineering brings you: Q&A session with racing legend Johnny O'Connell

Pfadt Race Engineering is excited to announce that we will be organizing a live event on CorvetteForum with factory GM driver Johnny O'Connell on Wednesday, August 31st!

From 12pm Eastern to 1pm Eastern, Johnny will be available via the Autocrossing & Roadracing forum to answer your questions you might have about being a professional race car driver, working closely with GM Racing, winning at LeMans, or about his signature suspension line with Pfadt Race Engineering. Submit your questions and comments in this thread or info@pfadtracing.com and we will select the best for responses by Johnny before the event begins. As we receive questions during the live event Johnny will do his best to post live answers.

We will be also giving a prize of 50 dollars Pfadt Cash to the best question of the session! Anything interesting, funny, or that elicits a great reaction from Johnny will be considered. We have a couple weeks before the 31st, so think long and hard about what you would REALLY like to ask an American Racing legend!

Old 08-23-2011, 06:33 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Received 227 Likes on 179 Posts

VERY COOL !!!!

DH
Old 08-29-2011, 12:23 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

We are still getting more questions coming in for Johnny, like this one from Fairbanks Alaska:

My question is about Trim Height Adjustment.

I have an Edelbrock Supercharger kit installed. This added some weight to the front. We raised the front one turn which the service manual says is 2 MM. We had an alignment done by a local reputable shop. I asked them to match as closely as practical to the Pfadt Engineering recommended settings for a JOS. Prior to the alignment, we purchased on Ebay the Special Kent Moore tool for checking the Trim Height Adjustment. From what we can tell we are at the low end of the specs. Since we did not check the trim height adjustment prior to mods we can't be objective on any differences. I think it is close to height now as it was before mod installation.

Can you comment on trim height adjustment and how important it may be in relation to the JOS and alignment and how a car rides on the street.

I feel the car rides great. Better than my old C5 and previous C6 as well as the C5s & C6s I drove at Spring Mountain. Comments?
Keep them coming in! Best question gets an allotment of Pfadt Cash!
Old 08-31-2011, 11:35 AM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Hey guys! Last chance to get your questions in for Johnny. The Q&A starts in about 20 minutes. We will get to as many questions as we possibly can!

Get notified of new replies

To Pfadt Race Engineering brings you: Q&A session with racing legend Johnny O'Connell

Quick Reply: [Z06] Pfadt Race Engineering brings you: Q&A session with racing legend Johnny O'Connell