Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] C6 Z06 Pfadt coil over upgrade -is it worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 08:27 PM
coomer00
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default C6 Z06 Pfadt coil over upgrade -is it worth it?

I track my C6 Z06 regularly and wanted to improve the handling .Has anyone fitted the Pfadt Featherlite coil overs and do they make a noticable improvement in handling / cornering .
I see they have a single ( compression) adjustment or double -(compression and rebound adjustment) at a significant increase in cost .
Is the additional cost rewarded by significant handling improvement?
Thanks
Richard.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:45 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by coomer00
I track my C6 Z06 regularly and wanted to improve the handling .Has anyone fitted the Pfadt Featherlite coil overs and do they make a noticable improvement in handling / cornering .
I see they have a single ( compression) adjustment or double -(compression and rebound adjustment) at a significant increase in cost .
Is the additional cost rewarded by significant handling improvement?
Thanks
Richard.
Hey Richard. There are major differences between our Single and Double adjustable coilover products, but they do share some similarities. The FeatherLight Single adjustable coilovers are targeted at users looking to increase performance for dual use street and track vehicles. They offer the flexibility to be setup comfortably on the street, and tuned aggressively for track use with race tires. The FeatherLight Generation Doubles are a no compromises track solution for cars who spend most of their life at the race track.

They both share our unique BOA upper mounting system which allows for great packaging for the Corvette Chasiss which isn't easy to package coilovers into. The inverted shock design and some of the lightweight materials selection is the same, but that's really where the similarities end.

The FeatherLight Singles Feature:
  • Simple single **** damping changes which effect both Compression and Rebound
  • CIRC Canister for extra gas volume over a standard single adjustable shock
  • Wide range of damping to work well on the street and track
  • 40 units of front damping adjustment and 30 rear units
  • Spring rates suited for dual purpose vehicles

The FeatherLight Doubles Feature:
  • Indepenant Compression and Rebound damping control
  • External canisters for even more gas volume
  • Fine damping adjustment control for ultimate precision during setup
  • Fully rebuildable and Revalvable by the engineers at Pfadt Race Engineering
  • Spring rates suited for Competition track use, with custom rates available
  • Damping rates designed to put more Corvette Racers on the podium

Overall if you're looking for a true competition damper setup for your Corvette look no farther than the FeatherLight Double Adjustables. For cars that will see a good amount of street time the FeatherLight Singles offer a ton of features at an extremely approachable price point.

FeatherLight Generation Single Adjustable:

FeatherLight Generation Double Adjustable:
Old 11-09-2011, 01:53 PM
andy82
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2017 C7 of Year Finalist

I don't know about PFADT coilovers since I have LG2's, but the general upgrade to coilover suspension is definitely worth it!
Old 11-10-2011, 11:09 AM
LanceFitzgiben
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm on pfadt coilovers, single adjustable, not featherlights. driving my car back to back with a stock zo6 my car rides better, albeit more firm, the coilovers are more compliant, and with the coilovers the power gets down sooo much better. track behavior is a lot more predictable and the coilovers perform much better on uneven surfaces.

I absolutely recommend any suspension components from pfadt.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:30 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks Lance, that is a fantastic recommendation! We love to hear from users like you so hopefully more people will chime in with their personal thoughts.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:49 PM
MGJ07C6
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Ron and the guy's at Vengeance Racing just installed a set of single adjustable featherlights on my car today. It's still in the shop for engine mods so once it's complete I will have my own review.

I'd also like to put on their adjustable sway bars and mounting blocks hoping to get better road feel through the steering.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:34 PM
LanceFitzgiben
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The level of customer service that I've received from Pfadt has been exemplary as well. I purchased my car with the coilovers already installed. I had some issues with their installation and Aaron sent me new parts right away, free of charge. I think that Pfadt's parts are well engineered and well built, by people who put them to the test time and time again, on road and track.

Just buy the coilovers already!

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Z06 Pfadt coil over upgrade -is it worth it?

Quick Reply: [Z06] C6 Z06 Pfadt coil over upgrade -is it worth it?