Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Coming Soon-Halltech's Carbon ZR1 roof/roof bow combo

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 05:01 PM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

Received 583 Likes on 313 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Coming Soon-Halltech's Carbon ZR1 roof/roof halo combo

Would you believe we are saving -14.5lbs off the roof and roof bow? Combined weight of the two pieces is 4.94 lbs (Halltech) vs. 19.44lbs (Factory painted roof/roof bow sans frame)! Weight without the Mg roof frame. The Mg frame is the same weight on both stock and Halltech, since it must be reused and bonded. The yellowish tint is from the overhead florescent lighting.

Even when weighed with the Magnesium frame (8.82lbs) the total weight is 13.76lbs! The factory pair weigh in at 28.18lbs.

Pricing will be $1999.99 plus shipping for both, plus any bonding material, which will be determined soon.

Now here is what we are working on. We have a contact that is purchasing our first roof/bow and will be working with ARC Technologies to provide instructions for bonding the Mg roof frame to the carbon fiber skin. They build Aerospace products and Military products and will provide detailed instructions for bonding. The preparation and bonding can be done by them, but your Mg frame must be reused (harvested) from your top. We do not have cost on this yet, but obviously, if you have a professional shop that can do this, we will make the instructions and bonding material available.

If your local shop can provide this service, you can order immediately and we can get going on your order. We can get two sets done per week maximum.

ORDER INFORMATION

Apparently, the bonding material Hysol is what we are using already to bond the outer and inner skins on the GT2 hood. This is what is being recommended. Cleaning up the bonding material on the Mg frame will be the only issue.

We have sold three roof/halos so far. Boxing is pretty sweet and secure:

"World Class Performance for your Corvette"
Intake Design and Engineering since 1999
Halltech Systems, LLC
262-510-7600

For service email:
orders@halltechsystems.com

www.halltechsystems.com

Last edited by Halltech; 12-29-2011 at 11:12 PM.
Old 12-26-2011, 06:04 PM
Jawnathin
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Very nice. Interested in getting a set sometime next year. Would love to know more about the bonding procedure.

Is this the same thing as whats listed on the Katech webpage? Last week I saw they had a similar roof/halo combo which appears to also be a new product.
Old 12-26-2011, 06:11 PM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Jawnathin
Very nice. Interested in getting a set sometime next year. Would love to know more about the bonding procedure.

Is this the same thing as whats listed on the Katech webpage? Last week I saw they had a similar roof/halo combo which appears to also be a new product.
We developed the product and cover the forum sales, Katech markets them through their site and newsletter.

We have two sets ready to ship by the end of this week. One is sold to our folks doing the bonding technique. Looks like it will be a piece of cake for them. Their carbon fiber has to stay on the wings of fighter jets and space pieces.

Jim
Old 12-26-2011, 06:16 PM
meatbag
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do want.......
Old 12-26-2011, 08:48 PM
Jawnathin
Melting Slicks

I see, thanks for the clarity. I was thinking of blacking out the halo and roof through a vinyl wrap, but I think this is the way to go. Black paint/vinyl is still a good option, but this is just on another level. It looks killer and the weight reduction is a nice added bonus. I just gotta get my skirts and splitters setup first, then this roof package or wheels are next on the list.

You may have thought through this already, but just to throw it out there... If the bonding procedure is difficult/expensive (I have no idea) maybe you can set up a core exchange program for those who want the bonding procedure completed by your folks. You send us a complete bolt in package, we send back in the magnesium frames (assuming its easy to separate from the existing roof panel).
Old 12-26-2011, 10:28 PM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '09

I see, thanks for the clarity. I was thinking of blacking out the halo and roof through a vinyl wrap, but I think this is the way to go. Black paint/vinyl is still a good option, but this is just on another level. It looks killer and the weight reduction is a nice added bonus. I just gotta get my skirts and splitters setup first, then this roof package or wheels are next on the list.

You may have thought through this already, but just to throw it out there... If the bonding procedure is difficult/expensive (I have no idea) maybe you can set up a core exchange program for those who want the bonding procedure completed by your folks. You send us a complete bolt in package, we send back in the magnesium frames (assuming its easy to separate from the existing roof panel).
Already discussed with ARC. They would like to make them for us, but Iran might steal them.
Old 12-27-2011, 02:26 AM
DUMAN
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

HUM interesting! I wounder if Richie can do this at Abel?
Old 12-27-2011, 03:13 AM
Jawnathin
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by DUMAN
HUM interesting! I wounder if Richie can do this at Abel?
That would have been my next question
Old 12-27-2011, 12:21 PM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '09

That would have been my next question
GM does not have a dealer process for installing roofs. We have the bonding material and cleaning/prep process for magnesium in hand.

Once we get our testing done it will be available for purchase with the roofs.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:13 PM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '09

Default Shipping

We have three sets of our Roof/Roof Halos sold, with one per week max right now.

Shipping is not real cheap, but secure:

[IMG]We have sold three roof/halos so far. Boxing is pretty sweet and secure: [/IMG]

Get notified of new replies

To Coming Soon-Halltech's Carbon ZR1 roof/roof bow combo

Quick Reply: [Z06] Coming Soon-Halltech's Carbon ZR1 roof/roof bow combo