Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] LS7 water pump flow number at 7000 RPM

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 07:48 PM
Sébast19X
Drifting

Received 194 Likes on 110 Posts

Default LS7 water pump flow number at 7000 RPM

Hi, like title said, anyone know the flowing number of the stock LS7 water pump ?

I'm planning to do 1.5 miles - 2,0 miles WOT top speed run, and I'm wondering if my Meziere EWP 55GPM are enough , or I'll get better flowing number with my stock one.

Thank you,

Seb
Old 01-04-2012, 08:06 PM
MTIRC6Z
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Sébast19X
Hi, like title said, anyone know the flowing number of the stock LS7 water pump ?

I'm planning to do 1.5 miles - 2,0 miles WOT top speed run, and I'm wondering if my Meziere EWP 55GPM are enough , or I'll get better flowing number with my stock one.

Thank you,

Seb
From my experience with the Meziere I would NOT recommend it for even ONE full mile, never mind more, at WOT. I seem to recall something about the stock water pump flowing 55GPM at around 4000rpm. Also, Katech says the Meziere will only flow 55GPM if it's running into an open bucket. Although without knowing how the flow of the stock waterpump is measured, I'm not so sure how valuable Katech's info about the Meziere is.

Also not sure if you've got a NW102TB, but if you do, be prepared to do a lot of filing/machining if you want to run it with the Meziere.

Cheers, Paul.

Last edited by MTIRC6Z; 01-04-2012 at 08:11 PM.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:36 PM
RGT
Drifting

Received 67 Likes on 51 Posts

Old 01-04-2012, 10:43 PM
Sébast19X
Drifting

Received 194 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by MTIRC6Z
From my experience with the Meziere I would NOT recommend it for even ONE full mile, never mind more, at WOT. I seem to recall something about the stock water pump flowing 55GPM at around 4000rpm. Also, Katech says the Meziere will only flow 55GPM if it's running into an open bucket. Although without knowing how the flow of the stock waterpump is measured, I'm not so sure how valuable Katech's info about the Meziere is.

Also not sure if you've got a NW102TB, but if you do, be prepared to do a lot of filing/machining if you want to run it with the Meziere.

Cheers, Paul.
Paul, I run the NW102 old style TB with the meziere. and no machining grinding are needed. Just to install the TB upside down. The little black motor on the alternator side !!! Fit like a glove, Hope this help.

So regarding the water pump, if I'm doing top speed run, I must reinstall the stock one , I'm right ?

Thank you sir !!

Seb

Last edited by Sébast19X; 01-04-2012 at 10:45 PM.
Old 01-05-2012, 01:24 PM
MTIRC6Z
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Sébast19X
Paul, I run the NW102 old style TB with the meziere. and no machining grinding are needed. Just to install the TB upside down. The little black motor on the alternator side !!! Fit like a glove, Hope this help.

So regarding the water pump, if I'm doing top speed run, I must reinstall the stock one , I'm right ?

Thank you sir !!

Seb
If I were you, I most certainly would reinstall the stock waterpump for such a long run at top speed.

Interesting, I never thought to try mounting the NW102TB upside down...I figured that would make the fuel run the wrong direction

Cheers, Paul.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:08 PM
Painrace
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

If I were you, I most certainly would reinstall the stock waterpump for such a long run at top speed.

Interesting, I never thought to try mounting the NW102TB upside down...I figured that would make the fuel run the wrong direction

Cheers, Paul.
Try it Paul. Maybe you could make gas instead of using it. You could sell it!

Jim
Old 01-05-2012, 08:41 PM
MTIRC6Z
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Painrace
Try it Paul. Maybe you could make gas instead of using it. You could sell it!

Jim
There's no doubt I can already make lotsa gas (my wife can confirm this) unfortunately it's not the kind I can use in the car

Cheers, Paul
Old 01-06-2012, 12:21 AM
Scottkrough
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cheers, Paul.
Paul,
You say from your experience you would not reccomend the Meziere at even a mile.
Can you explain what you meant by this?
Old 01-13-2012, 11:09 AM
1leg
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The stock pump will out flow the meziere at that RPM(7000), but once you come back to idle the meziere will out flow the stock pump. For sustained RPM runs a mechanical pump would be a better option.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:02 PM
MTIRC6Z
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 1leg
The stock pump will out flow the meziere at that RPM(7000), but once you come back to idle the meziere will out flow the stock pump. For sustained RPM runs a mechanical pump would be a better option.
Exactly. Even with 'only' a 2200' front straight, after a just few laps the EWP starts to loose ground compared to the stock MWP and you end up with a hotter engine.

My fear would be in a mile+ run that towards the end of it you might end up with enough heat that the ECM would start to pull timing at exactly the point where you needed the HP the most. Remember the OP's question stated he was going to do 1.5 - 2.0 mile runs.

Cheers, Paul.

Get notified of new replies

To LS7 water pump flow number at 7000 RPM

Quick Reply: [Z06] LS7 water pump flow number at 7000 RPM