Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Halltech Carbon Fiber SidePort™ Fender inserts and RearPort™ brake inserts

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 09:02 PM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

Received 583 Likes on 313 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Default Halltech Carbon Fiber SidePort™ Fender inserts and RearPort™ brake inserts

Most of you know that Halltech Carbon Fiber is dry carbon pre-impregnated, vacuum bagged and oven roasted for strength.

You have seen our HivePort™ Carbon NACA duct insert, our GT2 DRED Hood, the Halltech Super Bee™ Carbon intake and Beehive™ Carbon, so here is the question. We are looking into carbon fiber SidePorts™ on the front fender vents, and the RearPorts™ that feed cold air to the rear brakes. Maybe a few other plastic splash guards?

Let me know what you think. Interested?

"World Class Performance for your Corvette"
Intake Design and Engineering since 1999
Halltech Systems, LLC
262-510-7600

For service email:
orders@halltechsystems.com

www.halltechsystems.com

Old 01-28-2012, 09:15 PM
timmyZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 262 Likes on 215 Posts

could be nice, mixed with the carbon skirt its depend on the price though.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:01 PM
Neitzel Vette
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Halltech
Most of you know that Halltech Carbon Fiber is dry carbon pre-impregnated, vacuum bagged and oven roasted for strength.

You have seen our HivePort™ Carbon NACA duct insert, our GT2 DRED Hood, the Halltech Super Bee™ Carbon intake and Beehive™ Carbon, so here is the question. We are looking into carbon fiber SidePorts™ on the front fender vents, and the RearPorts™ that feed cold air to the rear brakes. Maybe a few other plastic splash guards?

I would definitely be interested. The stock plastic black ones look cheap. I have APR carbon fiber side skirts, front splitter, and rear spoiler now. Those duct inserts in carbon fiber would be a great addition. Let me know if you come out with some. I would definately volunteer to be a guinea pig if you wanted to give me a pair to try out and take pictures of.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:43 PM
Hirohawa
Le Mans Master

Received 248 Likes on 158 Posts

Interested pending a price point.

Think it would look great.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:46 PM
Cozmo
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
CentralTX Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

I'm interested, depending upon price also.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:54 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

The rears would be great if they were larger to cover up existing rock chip damage.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:14 AM
ccryder
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Cozmo
I'm interested, depending upon price also.
Ditto
Old 01-29-2012, 12:07 PM
Tsar
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Price / fit and finish(i know you guys are top notch) / solid install depending, I would be very interested. Only reason I haven't grabbed NACA Duct is the price and the pics look like there is a gap on the top. I'm waiting to see one in person I guess. It's real easy to have buyers remorse when CF stuff is involved due to the fitment.
Old 01-29-2012, 12:16 PM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

Received 583 Likes on 313 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Tsar
Price / fit and finish(i know you guys are top notch) / solid install depending, I would be very interested. Only reason I haven't grabbed NACA Duct is the price and the pics look like there is a gap on the top. I'm waiting to see one in person I guess. It's real easy to have buyers remorse when CF stuff is involved due to the fitment.
That was my car. The duct is EXACTLY the same size and shape of the stock piece. I left more material at the top on mine, which we removed later.
Old 01-29-2012, 12:49 PM
gotjuice?
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

I would like a set; Although the price would probable keep me from purchasing. Quality carbon parts are really pricey. I know your quality will be there so the price will reflect that. You get what you pay for, Quality=lots of money.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:16 PM
Tsar
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That was my car. The duct is EXACTLY the same size and shape of the stock piece. I left more material at the top on mine, which we removed later.
Ment no disrespect Jim.

Last edited by Tsar; 01-29-2012 at 04:26 PM.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:15 PM
pokerpro
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 387 Likes on 219 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

I recently purchased both front & both rear ducts from my local chev dealer and to my surprise all 4 were only $26.00. I then shipped them up to Paul's chrome plating in Evans city, PA to have them chromed. Then when I get them back I have something really cool attached to them before I fit them in the fenders. I will be glad to show pics of them at that time.

Get notified of new replies

To Halltech Carbon Fiber SidePort™ Fender inserts and RearPort™ brake inserts

Quick Reply: [Z06] Halltech Carbon Fiber SidePort™ Fender inserts and RearPort™ brake inserts