Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Side Marker Blackout Kit ?

Old 03-14-2012, 07:37 AM
ClarksZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Default Side Marker Blackout Kit ?

I recently bought RPI's acrylic side marker black out kit and I'm not impressed with the way the fronts fit. They stick out and don't even completely cover the orange lens on the front.

What is a better option? I think a this is a must "mod" for a black Z.
Does anyone make a pre-cut vinyl blackout?

Thanks!
Old 03-14-2012, 09:04 AM
xcutter
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ClarksZ06
I recently bought RPI's acrylic side marker black out kit and I'm not impressed with the way the fronts fit. They stick out and don't even completely cover the orange lens on the front.

Thanks!
I would think that you could take the markers to a car window tint shop and have it done cheaply.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:01 AM
z0ate
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks!
go to autozone, get a can of black satin and a can of clearcoat spray paint. take the lights off the car, dust em with the black, wait for em to dry, then clear em. itll look great trust me
Old 03-14-2012, 04:01 PM
gotturns
Instructor

Thanks!

the best way to do this is the right way! you need to sand them down and tint them the correct way. i just ordered mine from steve at airbrush inc. i should have them next week. he sands them down tints them and sends them out to you and you send the stock ones to him so he can do the next persons. he does it to order and does them himself. said all the corvette work he does himself bc he likes it to be perfect for his corvette buyers. cost the same as these pos lay overs
Old 03-14-2012, 07:54 PM
fivefingerdeathpunch
Drifting

If you want it done right get a hold of steve ray at airbrush,inc Price for all is $225 and he'll pay shipping both ways. he just needs your stock ones back once you receive the tinted ones.....and for the record, these get sanded, then sprayed with adhesion promoter. He then tint them with a diluted mixture of black base coat, add three coats of Dupont automotive two stage clear coat. Once cured, He wet sand and buff all lenses so they are super slick He did mine

Attached Images  
Old 03-14-2012, 08:58 PM
ClarksZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Wow, looks like great work. thanks guys!
Old 03-15-2012, 11:26 AM
gotturns
Instructor

Originally Posted by fivefingerdeathpunch
If you want it done right get a hold of steve ray at airbrush,inc Price for all is $225 and he'll pay shipping both ways. he just needs your stock ones back once you receive the tinted ones.....and for the record, these get sanded, then sprayed with adhesion promoter. He then tint them with a diluted mixture of black base coat, add three coats of Dupont automotive two stage clear coat. Once cured, He wet sand and buff all lenses so they are super slick He did mine

+1 ha same guy I was talking about in the previous post. I got Steve's info from fivefinger
Old 03-15-2012, 05:37 PM
PatriotZ
Melting Slicks

Location: "No matter where you go... there you are"...."You cannot drive a dollar bill". ...and remember... "D
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Hey Finger....have I said that I really like your license plate?....
Old 03-15-2012, 06:35 PM
fivefingerdeathpunch
Drifting

Originally Posted by PatriotZ
Hey Finger....have I said that I really like your license plate?....
THANK YOU, JUST TRYING TO DRUM UP MORE WORK FOR MY FRIEND STEVE RAY THAT'S WHY I POST ON ALL THE BLK OUT THREADS, IF YOU WANT TO DO YOUR FRC OR HOOD LINERS HE'S THE BESTS , TELL HIM 5FDP SENT YOU CHECK HIS SITE OUT www. airbrush inc.
Attached Images   

Get notified of new replies

To Side Marker Blackout Kit ?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] Side Marker Blackout Kit ?