Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] What performance upgrades can i add to my z06 without voiding my warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 01:28 PM
rgcontinenal
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What performance upgrades can i add to my z06 without voiding my warranty?

I just bought a z06 with 4200 miles with plenty of warranty left. I just added a corsa cat back exhaust and the corsa x-pipe. I was going to add the vararam air intake next. What else can i add and do to increase horsepower without voiding the warranty? Any input from you fellow members would help!
Old 07-07-2012, 01:35 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by rgcontinenal
I just bought a z06 with 4200 miles with plenty of warranty left. I just added a corsa cat back exhaust and the corsa x-pipe. I was going to add the vararam air intake next. What else can i add and do to increase horsepower without voiding the warranty? Any input from you fellow members would help!
It won't "increase horsepower" but the "driver mod".

A well driven Z06, with just the exhaust you already put on it, is not going to lose to very many cars out there.

Anything that would add power though, is going to put your warranty in jeopardy.

Last edited by '06 Quicksilver Z06; 07-07-2012 at 01:39 PM.
Old 07-07-2012, 03:28 PM
Antonio1988
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by '06 Quicksilver Z06
It won't "increase horsepower" but the "driver mod".

A well driven Z06, with just the exhaust you already put on it, is not going to lose to very many cars out there.

Anything that would add power though, is going to put your warranty in jeopardy.
Couldn't of said it better myself. One thing he forgot to add that helps out with the driver mod is some NT05 or Michelin tires
Old 07-07-2012, 04:13 PM
Random84
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

#1 physical mod - tires: michelins, Nittos, etc.
#2 physical mod - I'd suggest 2 piece rotors up front (you lose 20lbs of rotating mass over OEM!). Other "cheap" weight loss ideas posted in other threads; it's free power and often quite noticeable in both acceleration, braking AND turns.
#3 physical mod - shocks and/or sways, if you find yourself actually turning the wheel at speed.

But the driver mod will be the best bang for the buck short of buying the car itself.

Get notified of new replies

To What performance upgrades can i add to my z06 without voiding my warranty?

Quick Reply: [Z06] What performance upgrades can i add to my z06 without voiding my warranty?