Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Sprayed it for the First time... 135mph trap in a 8500+DA!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 03:20 PM
walhan_qtr
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Sprayed it for the First time... 135mph trap in a 8500+DA!

Since I got my 10sec run N/A 2 weeks ago I decided its time to spray this thing. I only did 100-125shot.

car is untuned. all we did is pull 11deg off and thats all (I am at 10-11deg). 3sec delay. so nitrous only kicked in in 2nd gear. of course the car ran like crap in 1st gear since there is no timing in it at all. I didnt set up my window switch or LPE timing retard box so had to do it this way.

not the best shifting but wasnt that bad (I wasnt feeling very comfortable since its was my first time and I noticed i had a leak just before the run!) I think I even had it during the run because when I purged there was nothing coming out of the purge lines, but I def felt it in the car and I def was spraying. I am thinking it was really minor but I dont know I will check it later.

Car went 10.99@135 with a 1.76 60ft. I was running 1.5sec slower in the 1/8th than my N/A runs again due to no timing and not spraying in first gear. I picked up 8mph at the end. this was in a 8600DA. run looked nice and clean no knock (lol of course when pulling 11deg on just 125shot haha)

hopefully next week I will try to get the car tuned and have it ready. maybe do 250shot. we will see. I think I will start spraying in first gear next time because I dont know how I can not make it pull timing if the nitrous switch is on even with my LPE controller!? there is probably a way to do it but I will need to figure that out. I am thinking I will just do a 1sec delay so as soon as I launch it it will kick in. again I need to do some testing and keep adjusting because I am worried I wont have traction. we will see how it goes next week...

EDIT: forgot to mention that my vette is HEAVY for some reason. I am at 3470lbs with me in it. I understand that I have 4 bottles in the back and my roll bar but I also dont have my pass seat!! and I am only at 175lbs!!

Last edited by walhan_qtr; 07-13-2012 at 03:35 AM.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:53 PM
RedZ4me
Le Mans Master

Received 421 Likes on 256 Posts

Holy crap that diesel ran hard!
Old 07-12-2012, 07:02 PM
walhan_qtr
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by RedZ4me
Holy crap that diesel ran hard!
Yea that's what I was thinking too LOL
Old 07-12-2012, 07:04 PM
D-Rod
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very impressive for a DA like that.

Keep us updated on the progress.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:07 PM
D-Rod
Burning Brakes

Shifts looked/sounded good to me.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:18 PM
screaminchevy
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Yeah buddy!! Love the juice! Man your really pulling hard in 3rd and 4th. With that trap speed you'd think your 1/8th et would be low 6's. Get her dialed in so you can put that power to use. I still spray mine in 1st and it hooks on the Hoosiers.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:01 PM
walhan_qtr
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by screaminchevy
Yeah buddy!! Love the juice! Man your really pulling hard in 3rd and 4th. With that trap speed you'd think your 1/8th et would be low 6's. Get her dialed in so you can put that power to use. I still spray mine in 1st and it hooks on the Hoosiers.
Thanks I am not surprised about the 1/8 et. Because it does make sense. If you check my 10.9 run N/A you can see that I go through first faster. I mean really N/A with only 10-11deg of timing I am sure I'm down quite a bit on power so that's why. At least that's what I think. The spray kicks in not too far from the 1/8 mark. But yea I don't really know.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:09 PM
screaminchevy
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

That LPE timing box you have, is that the new one they just came out with that also has the launch control feature?
Old 07-12-2012, 11:52 PM
walhan_qtr
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by screaminchevy
That LPE timing box you have, is that the new one they just came out with that also has the launch control feature?
Yes. But its not hooked up yet. I just got it and didn't have time to put it on and figure everything out
Old 07-13-2012, 12:08 AM
z0sicktanner
Drifting

Nice job ....Damn that Diesel is Nasty
Old 07-13-2012, 12:19 AM
whatcop?
Le Mans Master

Location: Daytona Beach/ Atlanta---- Good Ol' Florida Boy/ Georgia
Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts

What did you dyno?
Old 07-13-2012, 12:36 AM
LanceFitzgiben
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

awesome! running strong at altitude - love it.

I'm hating on the diesel though.. =(
Old 07-13-2012, 01:39 AM
Lethal427
Pro

Excellent video, love the speed your running!! as far as traction control, do you totally disable, I'm not tryin to hijack your thread, just curious??also, are you spraying a stock LS7??? can I also spray my head/cam Z06??I'd love to, and what tires in the back are you running??again, fast mph!!!flying!!!
Old 07-13-2012, 02:55 AM
walhan_qtr
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by D-Rod
Thanks man. You probably thinking this guy is not slipping the clutch enough but I am trying. Its just the clutch grabs a little harder than what I am used to. I love the stock clutch. It was so easy to slip that thing
Old 07-13-2012, 03:08 AM
walhan_qtr
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by z0sicktanner
Nice job ....Damn that Diesel is Nasty
Originally Posted by LanceFitzgiben
awesome! running strong at altitude - love it.

I'm hating on the diesel though.. =(

Thanks Yes that thing is freaking fast. I was actually surprised when I saw the slip. I have seen some fast Diesels here running Mid 10s!!!

Originally Posted by whatcop?
What did you dyno?
It made 804whp SAE corrected with a 125shot when it was tuned. but we changed the timing box and installed a window switch along with few changes in the fuel and fuel pressure. we were at 15-16 deg of timing and had it a little leaner than now and it made 804. now we are only at 10deg, running a little more pressure in the stand alone. and switched from 112 to C16.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:23 AM
walhan_qtr
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Lethal427
Excellent video, love the speed your running!! as far as traction control, do you totally disable, I'm not tryin to hijack your thread, just curious??also, are you spraying a stock LS7??? can I also spray my head/cam Z06??I'd love to, and what tires in the back are you running??again, fast mph!!!flying!!!
oh no you are fine. you can throw any question/concern you have no problems at all.

as far as traction, I only hit it once. which is traction control off only. I keep stability control on since it doesnt affect anything. actually it might save you in case you lose control. and no I have a forged 441ci darton sleeved LS7. its built to handle 400shot with no problems but I dont think I will ever go that far. its just too hard on things and I dont think I will ever be able to use it really! maybe 300shot but thats about it.

Yes you can spray your heads/cam Z06. all in the tune/tuner. also depends on your setup. but yes you can. what kind of fuel you are running?? compression?? is E85 or Race gas an option for you?? I am assuming you are on a stock fuel pump?? do you have bap?? depends on what kit you will run (Dry/Wet) you might need to upgrade your fuel system (most likely either injectors or add BAP)

I know some were in the 750whp range with a stock pump and BAP. I would def recommend you ask your tuner/builder or a rep shop in your area. maybe hit some of the vendors here. Personally I would go with only vette-air, RPM, or dallas performance. there is other good options out there (vette dr./LPE/IPS...etc) but thats just my preference.

I am running C5 Z06 rear 18" wheels w/ hoosiers drag radials 335/35/18 not the best but they are doing great!! I actually had problems with them beeing too sticky LOL so now I try to keep them around 18psi so that I dont have to launch it over 5500-5700RPM. If I take it down, it would bog on me at those RPMs. I know some are doing 6000-6500RPM but I dont feel comfortable doing that especially with my C5 z06 axles. I know they are great for what they are but I still dont feel very good about it. so I choose to run a little more air in them and just try to slip the clutch as much as possible and try to get a decent 60ft.

hope this helps... sorry I got carried away
Old 07-13-2012, 07:12 AM
pit-man
Le Mans Master

Received 242 Likes on 187 Posts

Very impressive for a DA like that.

Keep us updated on the progress.
Sounded great. If you can ride out that bog on launch, (maybe the juice in first gear will do it) and get the spray in all gears, she will be running bottom tens easy.

Get notified of new replies

To Sprayed it for the First time... 135mph trap in a 8500+DA!

Old 07-13-2012, 09:49 AM
FSTFRC
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Car sounds mean! What cam is in your car?

Nice driving!
Old 07-13-2012, 01:11 PM
walhan_qtr
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by pit-man
Sounded great. If you can ride out that bog on launch, (maybe the juice in first gear will do it) and get the spray in all gears, she will be running bottom tens easy.
yea I have been trying. I am not slipping the clutch enough. it should help if I spray it in first. I am thinking next time I will only do 1sec or 1.5sec. I will mess with it at the track and see what works best. my shifts didnt feel that great, especially shifting to forth, but in the vid it looks ok.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:12 PM
walhan_qtr
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by FSTFRC
Car sounds mean! What cam is in your car?

Nice driving!
Thanks. its the black widow revised cam from vette-air.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Sprayed it for the First time... 135mph trap in a 8500+DA!