Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Livernois Motorsports stage 3 heads/cam 2009 C6Z06 completed!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 12:44 AM
Jorday
Melting Slicks

Received 86 Likes on 39 Posts

Default Livernois Motorsports stage 3 heads/cam 2009 C6Z06 completed! PICS added

I just picked up my car from Livernois Motorsports a couple of days ago after having their stage 3 heads/cam package installed.

Major parts installed:
Livernois Motorsports stage 3 LS7 heads with Livernois dual valve springs
Livernois Motorsports stage 3 LS7 camshaft
Ported FAST LSX-R 102 LS7 intake
Fast factory style fuel rail
Ported LS7 TB
Kooks 2" headers with off road x pipe
Halltech intake
ARP head studs

I will wait for LivernoisMotorsports to come in this thread to to give you guys the complete parts list. The car was all stock except for having ZR1 mufflers on it when I dropped the car off at Livernois. I also believe there are photos, dyno charts and I believe a dyno video from the project. The weather wasn't the best on Thursday when I picked the car up, so the plan is that sometime in the next week or two I'm going to return to the shop so we can make some driving videos of the car for you guys.

I saw a few videos of previous Stage 3 cars and was really impressed, so I called up Livernois and had them set me up. I had the package installed exactly as described on the Livernois Motorsports website. Only addition to the normal stage 3 installed package I made was that I needed a new battery, haha. Most stage 3 cars buyers also add the RPS BC2 clutch I was told, but with this one we stayed with the stock clutch for the moment. I'm planning on bringing the car back a bit later for the clutch swap. I am VERY happy with how the car turned out. I have already burned almost 2 tanks of gas with the car since picking it up just 2 days ago. I can't tell you how pleased I am with it. It made 602 rwhp despite it being over 100 degress during testing. I pulls smooth and hard all the way to 7400. It feels as fast as my ZR1 which ran 140 mph in the 1/4 mile. What's equally impressive to me is that the car's driving manners are truly remarkable considering the aggressive nature of the stage 3 package and that it has a large cam. It really never surges, and absolutely never stalls, starts right up every time, etc. I've daily driven a number of cammed LS cars over the years that behaved FAR worse than this thing. Only major change to driving habits is delay upshifting to keep the RPMs up a little bit.

Big thanks to the guys at Livernois Motorsports, especially Miles and Andy for helping me put this thing together and putting up with me calling all the time.

PICS

Halltech intake

Kooks 2" headers

Livernios Motorsports stage 3 heads

FAST OE style fuel rail

Last edited by Jorday; 07-29-2012 at 09:15 PM.
Old 07-29-2012, 12:57 AM
JDaniel
Senior Badass!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Thats awesome. Ive been told by a tuner on this site (not naming names) that a 600 rwhp NA Z06 will be like driving an all out race car. Your car marks the second time in two weeks I have heard good things about a driveable 600 rwhp Z06. I may look into Livernois myself. Where are they located?
Old 07-29-2012, 08:29 AM
Jorday
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by JDaniel
Thats awesome. Ive been told by a tuner on this site (not naming names) that a 600 rwhp NA Z06 will be like driving an all out race car. Your car marks the second time in two weeks I have heard good things about a driveable 600 rwhp Z06. I may look into Livernois myself. Where are they located?
The driveability is a pretty subjective thing because everyone has their own definition of what constitutes good street manners, but it behaves very well for what it is in my opinion. With that being said, I'd be willing to bet that the stage 2 package they offer is probably a better fit for most guys. I believe Miles at the shop told me they sell a lot more stage 2 cam packages than the stage 3. Livernois Motorsports is located in Dearborn Heights, MI which worked out great for me because it's less than an hour drive from my house.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:18 AM
vertC6
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

I have always been impressed with what they do, just a little far for me.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:29 AM
RedZ4me
Le Mans Master

Received 422 Likes on 257 Posts

for me, if I do future mods and tear into the motor, it's either Katech or them.....both about 4 hours from me.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:30 AM
Witt748
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome build Jorday, enjoy!

Originally Posted by JDaniel
600RWHP can be pretty drivable IMO.

Livernois is a top shop and makes some monsters.
Old 07-29-2012, 12:05 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Livernois is awesome. 600rwhp won't drive like stock but can be very street able. The. Again 600-700rwhp with a blower drives like stock.
Old 07-29-2012, 03:04 PM
Jorday
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by vertC6
They do have transport service for guys that live far away.
Originally Posted by Witt748

Thanks, buddy. I am enjoying this thing already, it's definitely a monster!

My experience with Livernois Motorsports has been awesome. When I picked up my car, I had a chance to meet the owner of the shop. He said to me Hey man, thanks for bringing your car here. Take it for a test drive and see if you have any problems, concerns, questions or just want something adjusted we'll get it taken care of for you. That was very cool.

Plus, they took very awesome care of my car. When I picked it up, the exterior of the car was perfectly clean; no dirt on the carpet; no dirt or smudges on the light titanium interior that shows ANYTHING that gets on it. No scratches or scuffs on the exterior paint or the interior plastic, no weird smells inside the car. The engine was spotless when I dropped the car off, and it was spotless when I picked it up. There is no grease, oil, coolant spilled on anything in the engine compartment. Other than the appearance of aftermarket parts, you can't tell the engine has been worked on. I'm a little bit nuts and usually spend several hours per week just cleaning my cars, and I felt like they cared for the car just as I would. Also, even my stock parts were labeled and neatly packed in boxes ready for me to take home.
Originally Posted by Unreal
Livernois is awesome. 600rwhp won't drive like stock but can be very street able. The. Again 600-700rwhp with a blower drives like stock.
Blower has its own different set of disadvantages, though. I had a centri before and probably would not get another one.
Old 07-29-2012, 03:13 PM
icrashevos
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All these threads about stage 3ish builds are getting me excited about doing mine... I have a Texas Speed Cam going in end of August and then the rest in 2013!

I hope you're having fun with your car!
Old 07-29-2012, 09:17 PM
Jorday
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by icrashevos
All these threads about stage 3ish builds are getting me excited about doing mine... I have a Texas Speed Cam going in end of August and then the rest in 2013!

I hope you're having fun with your car!
I'm having a blast with mine. Good luck with your project.

I've added some pics. Videos coming in a couple of days.
Old 07-29-2012, 09:22 PM
double06
Melting Slicks

Received 374 Likes on 299 Posts

Default Before and after dyno

Did you dyno before you started to see how much mods actually picked up?
Old 07-29-2012, 09:58 PM
ZO ZICK
Team Owner

Received 66 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by vertC6
Old 07-29-2012, 10:05 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

True that blowers have different issues, I just wanted to point out 600+ with stock like driveablity is very easy if you don't want to stay N/A.

Livernois just built me a nice LSX 429ci block. They are one of the few shops I've heard nothing but great things about.

I would recommend their heads/cam packages to anyone.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:25 PM
Jorday
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by double06
Did you dyno before you started to see how much mods actually picked up?
It made 440 hp bone stock so I gained about 165 rwhp.

During the final testing the weather was really hot compared to baseline, so it probably gained a little more than 165 hp if you could test it in as good of weather as the original runs were made in.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:34 PM
Jorday
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Unreal
True that blowers have different issues, I just wanted to point out 600+ with stock like driveablity is very easy if you don't want to stay N/A.

Livernois just built me a nice LSX 429ci block. They are one of the few shops I've heard nothing but great things about.

I would recommend their heads/cam packages to anyone.
It looks awesome, man. I'm in the same boat as you, I've never heard anything but positive reviews from guys who took their cars to Livernois.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:45 PM
GIO-305
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

congrats and have fun with it.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:34 AM
chadyellowz06
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jorday
I'm having a blast with mine. Good luck with your project.

I've added some pics. Videos coming in a couple of days.
Livernois does do great work..Congrats

Get notified of new replies

To Livernois Motorsports stage 3 heads/cam 2009 C6Z06 completed!

Old 07-30-2012, 01:12 AM
palindrome1H
Racer

Yes they do the best work here in Michigan. I used to live 2 miles away. Moved to Birmingham recently so still only 30 min away. Congrats!
Old 07-30-2012, 01:30 AM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 584 Likes on 399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by Witt748

AWESOME Result and AWESOME tuner.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:13 AM
Jorday
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by GIO-305
congrats and have fun with it.
Originally Posted by chadyellowz06
Livernois does do great work..Congrats
Originally Posted by palindrome1H
Yes they do the best work here in Michigan. I used to live 2 miles away. Moved to Birmingham recently so still only 30 min away. Congrats!
Definitely nice being close by.
Originally Posted by Mopar Jimmy
AWESOME Result and AWESOME tuner.
Thanks guys, I cant tell you how pleased I am with the car.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Livernois Motorsports stage 3 heads/cam 2009 C6Z06 completed!