Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] My Katech Track Attack 2012 Experience

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 05:23 PM
BgBoost1
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default My Katech Track Attack 2012 Experience

A few weeks have passed since I went to Track Attack 2012 and I still find myself thinking about the experience I had each and every day! To say it was “fun” or a “good time” is taking it lightly!

I would like to start out by thanking a few people that made it possible for me to get to the event.

Forgeline Wheels – David Shardt and LG Motorsports – Anthony. What a great group to work with!!! Not only did they make me a great set of lightweight wheels, but David offered to fix my wheel centers before Track Attack and turned the wheels around in 1 day…yes 1 day to ensure that my car was ready for the event!!! Thank You! You are a class act in my book!!!

Carbotech Performance Brakes – Adam Adelstein. (CarbotechAdam) What a great guy. He listened to my combination, made a recommendation and they upgraded my pads shipping to air freight and guaranteed that they would be there before the event. THANK you Adam, not only were you great to work with before the sale, but the pads performed perfectly on the track!!! Never a fade, never any problems and I still have 80% of them left!!!! Words cannot describe how you feel on a track when you have confidence in your brakes and pads!!

Now to thank those who I met at the event:

Jason Harding – Katech Performance. I think it is safe to say that I owe Jason a lot for putting up with me, all my questions, e-mails, and PM’s and also for recommending this event to me. Katech does an AMAZING job with this event, not only just the event itself, but the parties, before and after the event on Monday, the drinks, waters, advice and Techs on hand to help keep your car running great! Great to meet Fritz and Warren as well…such a great group of guys!

Jim Painter (Painrace) – Thank you for picking up the food and drink tab for the entire group at the pre-event party Sunday night in the Hotel Lobby. Had I known you were paying for it I would have drank 3 times as much!!!

Jim Hall – Halltech - I have had a carbon Bee Hive sitting in my garage that I have been unable to get to fit correctly. Jim and his brother gave up track time on Monday (day 1) to help install it for me. I was happy to realize that the hose from the TB to the Intake I had was too long, so it wasn’t me just not being able to get it on!! Thanks again Jim, I really appreciate it! The bee hive looks better on the car, than sitting in the side of my garage!!!

Andy Pilgrim - Thank you for the 3 lap ride in my car to show me what it was capable of when being controlled by an Expert Driver!!! I have never seen a car (especially mine) that did the things you could make that car do. When we caught up to the Mosler and passed it, and the “cheeks up” smile in your helmet told me how much fun you were having!

Mike Newlander – (Short-Throw) – Not only are you a great guy that truly cares about this event and this track and making sure that everyone was being safe and having a good time. But that garage.........Is an Engineering Masterpiece and every Car Lovers DREAM!!!! Thanks for your invite and your hosting of the party Saturday night…What a Guy and What a Place! Also – Thanks for the laugh on my wife “I found your badge in the back of Johnny O’Connell’s Car last night”. What a way to start off Day 2!!!

Don Esbjornson – (AutobahnRacer) - [I sure hope I spelled that right] You Passion for Road Racing, Autobahn Country Club and this event really shows and I thank you for the hours and hours of expert presentation and instruction you provided for all of us new comers. I especially like the Q and A and comfortable atmosphere you provided. Safety, Fun and a love of the sport….it is reflected within you! Also thanks for the invite to your beautiful Garage!!!

Aaron Pfadt - The 2 laps in your car with the Stage 2 Johnny O’Connell suspension …wow….That car handles almost as good as you can drive. For those of you who have never met Aaron, you can see how passionate he is about his products and how well they work. I absolutely loved my LG coilovers before this event….. I have a feeling that they might be for sale soon to upgrade to that package.

Bob Lutz – Last but not least….thank you for the Q and A session. I think Don E. said it best when he said “I don't recall being that engaged with a speaker, ever. What a treat to have Bob at the event, and willing to field questions, with comments and industry knowledge far beyond my expectations.”

To wrap this up I want to post up a few of my Favorite Pictures of my car at this event.

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO WENT OUT OF YOUR WAY TO CREATE MEMORIES FOR A LIFETIME!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by BgBoost1; 08-24-2012 at 05:28 PM.
Old 08-24-2012, 05:49 PM
DON T.
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BgBoost1
A few weeks have passed since I went to Track Attack 2012 and I still find myself thinking about the experience I had each and every day! To say it was “fun” or a “good time” is taking it lightly!

I would like to start out by thanking a few people that made it possible for me to get to the event.

Forgeline Wheels – David Shardt and LG Motorsports – Anthony. What a great group to work with!!! Not only did they make me a great set of lightweight wheels, but David offered to fix my wheel centers before Track Attack and turned the wheels around in 1 day…yes 1 day to ensure that my car was ready for the event!!! Thank You! You are a class act in my book!!!

Carbotech Performance Brakes – Adam Adelstein. (CarbotechAdam) What a great guy. He listened to my combination, made a recommendation and they upgraded my pads shipping to air freight and guaranteed that they would be there before the event. THANK you Adam, not only were you great to work with before the sale, but the pads performed perfectly on the track!!! Never a fade, never any problems and I still have 80% of them left!!!! Words cannot describe how you feel on a track when you have confidence in your brakes and pads!!

Now to thank those who I met at the event:

Jason Harding – Katech Performance. I think it is safe to say that I owe Jason a lot for putting up with me, all my questions, e-mails, and PM’s and also for recommending this event to me. Katech does an AMAZING job with this event, not only just the event itself, but the parties, before and after the event on Monday, the drinks, waters, advice and Techs on hand to help keep your car running great! Great to meet Fritz and Warren as well…such a great group of guys!

Jim Painter (Painrace) – Thank you for picking up the food and drink tab for the entire group at the pre-event party Sunday night in the Hotel Lobby. Had I known you were paying for it I would have drank 3 times as much!!!

Jim Hall – Halltech - I have had a carbon Bee Hive sitting in my garage that I have been unable to get to fit correctly. Jim and his brother gave up track time on Monday (day 1) to help install it for me. I was happy to realize that the hose from the TB to the Intake I had was too long, so it wasn’t me just not being able to get it on!! Thanks again Jim, I really appreciate it! The bee hive looks better on the car, than sitting in the side of my garage!!!

Andy Pilgrim - Thank you for the 3 lap ride in my car to show me what it was capable of when being controlled by an Expert Driver!!! I have never seen a car (especially mine) that did the things you could make that car do. When we caught up to the Mosler and passed it, and the “cheeks up” smile in your helmet told me how much fun you were having!

Mike Newlander – (Short-Throw) – Not only are you a great guy that truly cares about this event and this track and making sure that everyone was being safe and having a good time. But that garage.........Is an Engineering Masterpiece and every Car Lovers DREAM!!!! Thanks for your invite and your hosting of the party Saturday night…What a Guy and What a Place! Also – Thanks for the laugh on my wife “I found your badge in the back of Johnny O’Connell’s Car last night”. What a way to start off Day 2!!!

Don Esbjornson – (AutobahnRacer) - [I sure hope I spelled that right] You Passion for Road Racing, Autobahn Country Club and this event really shows and I thank you for the hours and hours of expert presentation and instruction you provided for all of us new comers. I especially like the Q and A and comfortable atmosphere you provided. Safety, Fun and a love of the sport….it is reflected within you! Also thanks for the invite to your beautiful Garage!!!

Aaron Pfadt - The 2 laps in your car with the Stage 2 Johnny O’Connell suspension …wow….That car handles almost as good as you can drive. For those of you who have never met Aaron, you can see how passionate he is about his products and how well they work. I absolutely loved my LG coilovers before this event….. I have a feeling that they might be for sale soon to upgrade to that package.

Bob Lutz – Last but not least….thank you for the Q and A session. I think Don E. said it best when he said “I don't recall being that engaged with a speaker, ever. What a treat to have Bob at the event, and willing to field questions, with comments and industry knowledge far beyond my expectations.”

To wrap this up I want to post up a few of my Favorite Pictures of my car at this event.

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO WENT OUT OF YOUR WAY TO CREATE MEMORIES FOR A LIFETIME!!!!!!!!!
Great thread!!!! I am at work and took a short break and just read your thoughts and i found myself back at Autobahn again. Your 100% correct saying what an awesome time those two days were You have a beautifull car! HELL we both do! But you know what! All the cars looked fantastic!!!! Hope to have a cold one with you next year
Old 08-24-2012, 06:52 PM
BgBoost1
Drifting

Originally Posted by DON T.
Great thread!!!! I am at work and took a short break and just read your thoughts and i found myself back at Autobahn again. Your 100% correct saying what an awesome time those two days were You have a beautifull car! HELL we both do! But you know what! All the cars looked fantastic!!!! Hope to have a cold one with you next year
Sounds like a plan!!! It was probably one of the best times I have ever had!! I know what you mean.......I drift (in thought) to Autobahn at least once a day. I wish it was closer, wish I had more money to buy parts, etc...it is a downward spiral!

Your car was beautiful!!! Hope to see you again next year!
Old 08-25-2012, 05:30 PM
Werks
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Hey BgBoost, nice write up and it was a pleasure meeting you down there! You tried out the seats in my orange z for a sec, did you make up your mind on going with the Daytona's???
Old 08-27-2012, 09:05 AM
DON T.
Drifting

Sounds like a plan!!! It was probably one of the best times I have ever had!! I know what you mean.......I drift (in thought) to Autobahn at least once a day. I wish it was closer, wish I had more money to buy parts, etc...it is a downward spiral!

Your car was beautiful!!! Hope to see you again next year!
Thanks bro. waited a long time and saved to find the zo6 i wanted. As for drifting back and forth into track attack as you stated, it would help me if i would take the pics of my office wall But i just cant seem to do that yet. They are all such good pictures of everybodys cars!!!!! Take care bgboost1......
Old 08-27-2012, 11:15 AM
cruzin2
Pro

Man...track attack was such a great experience....

Last edited by cruzin2; 08-27-2012 at 11:17 AM.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:28 AM
BgBoost1
Drifting

Originally Posted by Werks
Hey BgBoost, nice write up and it was a pleasure meeting you down there! You tried out the seats in my orange z for a sec, did you make up your mind on going with the Daytona's???
Same here man...I have to say your car was probably one of the best overall combination ZO6 that I have ever seen put together. The color, selection of parts, hood, decklid, interior, was all so perfectly done!!!

I have been talking to John about the Daytona's and am almost ready to pull the trigger. Thanks again for letting me test drive yours for a few seconds! Hope to see you a TA 2013!
Old 08-27-2012, 01:12 PM
Werks
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Same here man...I have to say your car was probably one of the best overall combination ZO6 that I have ever seen put together. The color, selection of parts, hood, decklid, interior, was all so perfectly done!!!

I have been talking to John about the Daytona's and am almost ready to pull the trigger. Thanks again for letting me test drive yours for a few seconds! Hope to see you a TA 2013!
Thank you! Like I mentioned at TA those seats totally change the feel of the car and while expensive I think are a major improvement! If you are talking to John see if you can possibly reserve a set at the Carlisle price that he was doing. Even if you are not ready now it might be worth it to see if you can put a deposit down on a set now to lock in the price for when you are ready. He was offering something like $1k off on a set so it's not chump change! Regarding TA2013 I'll definitely see you there! Already trying to figure out some other mods to do so that I can justify shipping the car back to Katech for it
Old 09-10-2012, 07:49 PM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Joel,

Great write up, I don't know how but I missed this thread. Thank you for the kind words.

Seems like it was just yesterday when we were all together. I'm glad you had fun and your wife was a great sport, both in the classroom and not realizing the party was not actually in the garage!

Savor those great moments to get you through the winter til next event.

I suspect you'll be back?

Mike
Old 09-10-2012, 08:21 PM
40YRW8
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

BgBoost1,
Thanks for a great write-up. I used to race a Datsun 510 sedan and I really miss it. I am retired and can't really afford to race my Z but, MAN, you really have me thinking. It sounds like the exact type of event for me.
Gary
Old 09-10-2012, 09:59 PM
Painrace
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

You are correct about Track Attack and you are welcome. Go get three more drinks and email me the bill!

Be there next year and drink three times as much the day before you go on track!

Keep hauling a**!

Jim

PS, Mike is not usually this slow but he is still trying to figure out how that chicken got in his car!
Old 09-11-2012, 11:32 AM
Frenchican
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Excellent post!

Nice write up on all the guys you mentioned. Also, the Katech guys in the garage, Autobahn staff and everyone else behind the scenes are a class act.

Also one more thing... Doris Painter told me something at the event that Jim said to her recently when she commented on his driving abilities.

Jim said "The older I get, the faster I was."

That's our Painrace!
Old 09-11-2012, 11:40 AM
BgBoost1
Drifting

Originally Posted by Frenchican
Excellent post!

Nice write up on all the guys you mentioned. Also, the Katech guys in the garage, Autobahn staff and everyone else behind the scenes are a class act.

Also one more thing... Doris Painter told me something at the event that Jim said to her recently when she commented on his driving abilities.

Jim said "The older I get, the faster I was."

That's our Painrace!
Tommy (If I remember correctly) I missed you in my write up! I have to say your set up (Truck, Trailer, Car) was probably one of the best I have EVER seen! Thanks for the personal tour Sunday night at the hotel....between your trailer and Mike and Don's "Garage" I saw many things that I could not afford!!!!

Remember Silver is always the fastest color!
Old 09-11-2012, 11:47 AM
BgBoost1
Drifting

Originally Posted by Short-Throw
Joel,

Great write up, I don't know how but I missed this thread. Thank you for the kind words.

Seems like it was just yesterday when we were all together. I'm glad you had fun and your wife was a great sport, both in the classroom and not realizing the party was not actually in the garage!

Savor those great moments to get you through the winter til next event.

I suspect you'll be back?

Mike
You Know It!!!!

Originally Posted by 40YRW8
BgBoost1,
Thanks for a great write-up. I used to race a Datsun 510 sedan and I really miss it. I am retired and can't really afford to race my Z but, MAN, you really have me thinking. It sounds like the exact type of event for me.
Gary
Gary - I HIGHLY Recommend it!!!

Originally Posted by Painrace
You are correct about Track Attack and you are welcome. Go get three more drinks and email me the bill!

Be there next year and drink three times as much the day before you go on track!

Keep hauling a**!

Jim

PS, Mike is not usually this slow but he is still trying to figure out how that chicken got in his car!
Jim - You are a GREAT sport to play along with all the surprises that came your way at TA12!!! It was an honor to meet you!

- The funny part of the Sunday night story was I was sitting at the bar and about 3 seats down from me was Jim Hall. When we were done drinking and eating I tried to pay the bill and the bartender pointed down a little and said "Jim picked up the tab". I assumed it was Jim Hall. On Monday at lunch I went up to Jim Hall and thanked him for the drinks and appetizers and he gave me the strangest look. He said "Your Welcome and I WILL take credit for it, but you actually have the wrong Jim."
Old 09-11-2012, 05:55 PM
Painrace
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

The Depends thing actually started at the first Track Attack with a great friend to us all. He died of a massive heart attack but there is a special bench for him at the NCM.

Jim Hall is another great guy and can have all the credit!

It is time for TA 2013 yet?

Jim

Last edited by Painrace; 09-12-2012 at 04:21 PM.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:40 AM
DON T.
Drifting

Originally Posted by Painrace
The Depends thing actually started at the first Track Attack with a great friend to us all. He died of a massive heart attack but there is a special bench for him at the NCM.

Jim Hall is another great guy and can have all the credit!

It is time for TS 2013 yet?

Jim
Maby we can push for a spring and fall track attack Iv got the dramamine ready
Old 09-12-2012, 11:52 AM
BigMike NY
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

THAT sounds like an amazing event! What a great write up, all the individuals you mentioned in your write up just seem to keep on keeping up with their great reputations, terrific super knowledgeable people to have in your corner!

Get notified of new replies

To My Katech Track Attack 2012 Experience

Quick Reply: [Z06] My Katech Track Attack 2012 Experience