Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] May sell the factory seats(2009 zo6)

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 05:36 PM
DON T.
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default May sell the factory seats(2009 zo6)

Has anyone ever sold there factory seats? I went with the Caravaggio race seats. They are two-tone leather ( Titanium- light grey ) I have thought this over and i really dont see any need to keep them. MY z is a 1lz pkg. Seats are as close to like new as possible for a 2009 model z..Any help or ideas would be appreciated.. Thanks
Old 08-24-2012, 05:50 PM
Mr. Gizmo
Le Mans Master

Received 641 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by DON T.
Has anyone ever sold there factory seats? I went with the Caravaggio race seats. They are two-tone leather ( Titanium- light grey ) I have thought this over and i really dont see any need to keep them. MY z is a 1lz pkg. Seats are as close to like new as possible for a 2009 model z..Any help or ideas would be appreciated.. Thanks
Keep the factory seats. It may be easier to sell the car with the factory seats and you might have an easier time selling the caravaggio's-- That is when you feel its time you want to get rid of the car.
Old 08-24-2012, 05:57 PM
DON T.
Drifting

Originally Posted by Mr. Gizmo
Keep the factory seats. It may be easier to sell the car with the factory seats and you might have an easier time selling the caravaggio's-- That is when you feel its time you want to get rid of the car.
That idea crossed my mind. But ill be 55 years yound this sept. 4th. She is coming home from Katech in 10 days. After everything i have had done, im sure i will keep this car. But never say never! Right
Old 08-24-2012, 07:33 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,928 Likes on 5,333 Posts

Originally Posted by DON T.
That idea crossed my mind. But ill be 55 years yound this sept. 4th. She is coming home from Katech in 10 days. After everything i have had done, im sure i will keep this car. But never say never! Right
Keep the factory seats. It will also save some aggravation since there really isn't much demand for them. Skins are cheap enough and easy enough to install that people needing skins will not want them and other people are looking to upgrade Vs downgrade to a base seat.

I upgraded my 3LZ seats to full sport seats earlier this year for just a little over $450 and was pleasantly surprised when I used them in the car during an autocross and with the side bolster bladders fully inflated and the seat belt in cinch mode and fastened so tight I could hardly breathe they held my upper body in place and weren't that much worse than my Ultrashield aluminum race seat.

Bill
Old 08-24-2012, 08:53 PM
forg0tmypen
Safety Car

Received 45 Likes on 10 Posts

John Caravaggio didnt want yours as a core? Most who get his seats send theirs in as a core. If not he tacks on an extra few hundred.
Old 08-24-2012, 08:57 PM
tim414
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by forg0tmypen
John Caravaggio didnt want yours as a core? Most who get his seats send theirs in as a core. If not he tacks on an extra few hundred.
My thought as well.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:48 PM
DON T.
Drifting

Originally Posted by tim414
My thought as well.
I can only guess that cores are used on the daytona seats and not the race seats. or possibly money was saved not shipping cores accross the boarder and then back to Katech in MI. only a guess...But thanks for advice, i was just not sure if there bwas any market for corvette seats,and i knew where to get the answer. The Forum
Old 08-31-2012, 08:44 AM
tt350z
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PM me a price if you still might want to sell them. That would make it easy foor me to look for a z06 and not have to worry about what color seats they have.

Get notified of new replies

To May sell the factory seats(2009 zo6)

Quick Reply: [Z06] May sell the factory seats(2009 zo6)