Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Wheel Manufacturer Info: Finspeed

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 02:50 PM
0Finspeed
Former Vendor

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

Default Wheel Manufacturer Info: Finspeed

I know several of you personally and look forward to getting to know many more. I’d like to take a little time to tell you about Finspeed and what we do.

As you guys know, there is a major problem in this country with companies outsourcing everything. It is frustrating to have prominent American companies exporting not only jobs, but entire factories, with little regard to working conditions or product quality – often times with neighbors, friends and family losing their livelihoods. We decided to do things differently.

With the economic downturn, there were several talented individuals in our area that were out of work or just looking for a different direction. Over the last few years we have been able to put together a team of journeyman machinist, welders and engineers (B.S. Mechanical Engineering, M.S. Mechanical Engineering, and M.S. Aerospace Engineering) that feel things can be done better, and we can do it at a price our customers can appreciate. We have also formed a valued relationship with the University Of Missouri School Of Engineering, their Formula SAE program and several team members (of which have turned into excellent interns).

Our production guys understand engineering and our engineers aren’t just engineers, they are former machinists, welders etc., that have production and fabrication experience. What’s even better – they drive on the track and have a true understanding of what our cars are capable of, and what our wheels need to be capable of.

Today’s distributor/dealership networks can be so convoluted that a manufacturer can lose connection with the person they are making the product for, and lose their valuable feedback. As a manufacturer, you can also lose control of how your customer is being treated, so we decided to go a different direction - we deal directly with you. Treating people how you want to be treated applies to everything we do, and there is no-one better to answer questions and give advice than the individuals that make your wheels.

We begin with the highest quality material available. Several wheel makers are using cast, flow formed or rotary forged blanks, often sourced from overseas suppliers to save on material costs. They claim to be forged, but simply put, they are just not strong enough.

We use traditionally forged 6061 T6 blanks, forged right here in the USA.

Our machining follows the same philosophy - we purchased new precision machines and tooling manufactured in the United States. Supporting American industry is as important to us as making high quality parts. We cannot expect our customers to invest in American craftsmanship if we aren’t willing to do the same.

To make sure our products meet our own internal standards, all manufacturing takes place on site. Wheel strength is the priority, followed closely by removing any material that doesn’t add to the integrity of the wheel. When your focus is on strength and saving weight, you tend to end up with a beautiful finished product and we are doing just that.

F14 in stock C6Z sizes (without center cap):

We’ve also decided as a company to support a cause that we believe in. With one of our interns leaving last month to study nuclear engineering and keep us all safe from well below sea level, we decided to donate 5% of the purchase price of every set of wheels to the Wounded Warrior Project. We have had customers oppose, but we are firm on this and it is without exception.

I’ve never been one to keep my feelings unknown, and this is where it gets a bit sappy. Finspeed was founded because I wanted my children to see that with hard work great things can still be done in this country, and how fortunate they are to have that opportunity. We believe we are doing things the right way and hope you agree. We also know you work hard for your money and understand you want value for every dollar you decide to spend.

We truly appreciate your consideration and please don’t hesitate to share your thoughts.

Last edited by Finspeed; 08-28-2012 at 01:21 AM.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:58 PM
LEE427
V10LEE
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pm sent. Thanks..
Old 08-27-2012, 04:24 PM
LEAVINU
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Finspeed
We have had customers oppose, but we are firm on this and it is without exception.
Really people!?!?

to Finspeed and to everyone else!
Old 08-27-2012, 04:37 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Received 227 Likes on 179 Posts

Daniel

What you are doing is just fantastic !!!

And we are so proud to have you as a Gold Sponsor of the 2012 Corvette Challenge !!!

DH
Old 08-27-2012, 11:29 PM
0Finspeed
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Dirty Howie
Daniel

What you are doing is just fantastic !!!

And we are so proud to have you as a Gold Sponsor of the 2012 Corvette Challenge !!!

DH
You are welcome, it's been great working with you.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:20 AM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

Wheels look great, along with the other products you guys are coming out with keep them coming!!!

I know you guys put 100% into everything you do there!
Old 08-28-2012, 12:21 AM
tim414
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

You are welcome, it's been great working with you.
Who is doing your finish work? Do you make concave? In 19/20?

Hard to believe that someone would oppose the wounded warrior program...
Old 08-28-2012, 12:24 AM
Prime Target
Drifting

Received 279 Likes on 171 Posts

Great looking wheels, fellas!
Old 08-28-2012, 12:53 AM
0Finspeed
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by tim414
Who is doing your finish work? Do you make concave? In 19/20?

Hard to believe that someone would oppose the wounded warrior program...
Other than anodizing, we do our finish work. We have wheels with a concave profile but do not make any of the "concave" 3 piece wheels. They look nice, but are a structural nightmare and would not last very long under true performance conditions.
We do have 19/20 blanks.

A shot of our F10:

Last edited by Finspeed; 08-28-2012 at 12:55 AM.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:58 AM
Six-Gun-Todd
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Beautiful wheels
Old 08-28-2012, 10:15 AM
LEAVINU
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

A shot of our F10:

What's the weight of the F10RT's in 18x10, 19x10 and 19x12 sizes? PM me if that works better for you.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:32 AM
Michael_D
Safety Car

Received 361 Likes on 270 Posts

As you guys know, there is a major problem in this country with companies outsourcing everything.

With one of our interns leaving last month to study nuclear engineering and keep us all safe from well below sea level, we decided to donate 5% of the purchase price of every set of wheels to the Wounded Warrior Project. We have had customers oppose, but we are firm on this and it is without exception.
I like your philosophy. I'm sold. I got my start with the Navy nuke program.

In regards to wheel options, are the styles on your web sight all you have right now? Are you going to expand your line? I could not find finish options on your web sight either.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:19 PM
0Finspeed
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Michael_D
I like your philosophy. I'm sold. I got my start with the Navy nuke program.

In regards to wheel options, are the styles on your web sight all you have right now? Are you going to expand your line? I could not find finish options on your web sight either.
Thank you for your service.
We will constantly be expanding our line, and the options on the site are all that is available right now.
Standard finishes include several powder coat colors and finishes; with custom paint, hand brushing, polishing, custom powder coating and anodizing as available options.
If you have something in mind but haven’t been able to find exactly what you want, please give us a call.
There will be a finish page and support page that includes wheel weights up by the end of the week.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:45 PM
RichieRichZ06
Supporting Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Supporting the Corvette Community at Abel Chevrolet in Rio Vista, CA 707-374-6317 Ext.123
Received 1,425 Likes on 597 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

A+ Daniel

I watched the video and it is cool to see what goes into making a wheel from scratch.

For those that have not dealt with Finspeed before, they are great people that make great products.

I really enjoy seeing you guys expanding into more things and I hope that everything continues to grow.

RICH
Old 08-28-2012, 01:28 PM
b16gsr
Melting Slicks

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Awesome wheels guys. Will be my next set that is for sure.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:04 PM
Andydp
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

we decided to donate 5% of the purchase price of every set of wheels to the Wounded Warrior Project. We have had customers oppose, but we are firm on this and it is without exception.

First, my heartfelt thank you and your company for all the men and women that will benefit from your generosity.

Next anyone who does not approve of your help to wounded vets is beyond contemptible.

Finally, thanks for being one more example that the US still has excellent crafts people and we don't need to go overseas to get quality work and reasonable prices.

I can't tell you when I'll be getting new wheels but rest assured you'll definetly be in the running.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:30 PM
0Finspeed
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Andydp
we decided to donate 5% of the purchase price of every set of wheels to the Wounded Warrior Project. We have had customers oppose, but we are firm on this and it is without exception.

First, my heartfelt thank you and your company for all the men and women that will benefit from your generosity.

Next anyone who does not approve of your help to wounded vets is beyond contemptible.

Finally, thanks for being one more example that the US still has excellent crafts people and we don't need to go overseas to get quality work and reasonable prices.

I can't tell you when I'll be getting new wheels but rest assured you'll definetly be in the running.
We appreciate the consideration.

Get notified of new replies

To Wheel Manufacturer Info: Finspeed

Old 08-29-2012, 08:34 PM
bowtiebubba
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am in Monroe City, Mo. I am installing the 2 inch flared rear quarters. Do you make the deep lip wheels for these rear quarters ?
Old 08-29-2012, 08:41 PM
Jawnathin
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Great video and post. Glad to see this manufacturing and engineering process kept in America and your contributions to a great cause.

Next time I'm in the market for wheels, I'll have to look at your offerings a bit more closely.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:48 PM
Random84
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the F14's... (yeah, the plane and the wheel).

Definitely my first choice for aftermarket when I get another Z - surprisingly affordable as well!

Quick Reply: [Z06] Wheel Manufacturer Info: Finspeed