Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Cel and no reverse after catback install

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 06:21 PM
xkrcobraz06
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cel and no reverse after catback install

Let me start by saying that getting the stock passenger catback off really makes you find religion. What a pain to get off.

Anyhow, got my geniii b&b exhaust on, started car... It sounds good. But...cant get car in reverse and p0449 evap solenoid code. I know i beat the crap out of this thing trying to get stock cat back out. Anyway the wires to the evap look ok. My question is... I am going to replace the evap solenoid....http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...49-w-pics.html, but why is my reverse locked out. I cam no where near the reverse lock out. I know the evap solenoid and reverse lock out share the same relay in the fuse box. I switched relays with another of the same type...delphi 8866 i think in the box and still no reverse. Will a short in the evap solenoid affect the relay to engage the reverse lockout? Thanks.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:58 PM
darkbluez
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by xkrcobraz06
Let me start by saying that getting the stock passenger catback off really makes you find religion. What a pain to get off.

Anyhow, got my geniii b&b exhaust on, started car... It sounds good. But...cant get car in reverse and p0449 evap solenoid code. I know i beat the crap out of this thing trying to get stock cat back out. Anyway the wires to the evap look ok. My question is... I am going to replace the evap solenoid....http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...49-w-pics.html, but why is my reverse locked out. I cam no where near the reverse lock out. I know the evap solenoid and reverse lock out share the same relay in the fuse box. I switched relays with another of the same type...delphi 8866 i think in the box and still no reverse. Will a short in the evap solenoid affect the relay to engage the reverse lockout? Thanks.
Most likely the evap DTC triggered the reverse lockout not to work. I would try to clear the code without starting the engine and with the ignition on it should go into reverse. If it does then easy fix. Replace the evap solenoid and you should be home free. Gm put those in a terrible place for sure!
Old 12-02-2012, 07:33 PM
xkrcobraz06
Advanced

Thanks. Interesting. But, Scanner erases code with ignition on but code comes right back before I even turn car on or even turn car ignition off. Any more ideas?
Old 12-02-2012, 08:51 PM
fisher auto
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by xkrcobraz06
Thanks. Interesting. But, Scanner erases code with ignition on but code comes right back before I even turn car on or even turn car ignition off. Any more ideas?
Did you drop the sway bar when you did the exhaust? Sounds like you may of nicked or pulled a wire or something!
Old 12-02-2012, 10:10 PM
xkrcobraz06
Advanced

Replaced the 25 amp minifuse 13- all is well. Forgot to disconnect the negative cable prior to the work. Probably arced the wires.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:42 PM
svtgeoff
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

same thing happened to me when they installed my catback..
Old 12-03-2012, 08:53 PM
Bone Daddy
Member: Jr Geezer's Club
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

resolved?
Old 12-04-2012, 05:21 AM
BadddZ06
Cruising

Yes, they blew a fuse and broke some kind of valve back there if I remember correctly. I spent $150 at the dealer for both repairs I believe.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:40 PM
jedblanks
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Sorry to bump the old post...(the "search" people will be happy but the "anti gravediggers" will not)

I just had this same issue after a catback install. Replaced the 25 amp fuse and reverse and evap codes went away. Was wondering what else I should check under there since you said they knocked something loose on yours and/or cut a wire.
Old 03-02-2014, 10:37 PM
erikszr1
Melting Slicks

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

fuses usually do not blow for no reason, either a wire is pinched or the insulation is damaged and the wire is touching ground somewhere. ive also seen guys mix up connectors and plug components in wrong locations. it happens I just realized this is a old post as well, oh well maybe it will help somebody anyway. have a great week everybody!! and on Friday,
Old 03-02-2014, 10:43 PM
C6z06man
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

same thing happened to me when I did the muffler mod. Scraped the evap wire and blew the fuse. Took me a minute to figure it out. Can't believe GM would put the Reverse lock out on the same circuit as the EVAP. But oh well...
Old 06-07-2016, 03:30 PM
usmc2141
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Where is this fuse at?
My dumbass damaged that plug next to "evap" looking thing when trying to remove passenger side muffler.
Same thing, "check engine" light is on and have to "force" to go in reverse. I did see a bare wire right next to the plug, probably will have to repair that anyway.
EDIT: Just replaced the blown #13, 25A fuse under the hood. Going to fix the naked wire for the evap plug soon. Goes in reverse now, just have to clear the code.

Last edited by usmc2141; 06-07-2016 at 06:12 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Cel and no reverse after catback install

Quick Reply: [Z06] Cel and no reverse after catback install