Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Tilton master and slave cylinders

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 11:40 PM
William Atkins
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tilton master and slave cylinders

Has anyone has experience with the Tilton master and slave cylinders for the LSX 9 Katech clutch system? Despite using the Ranger method many times my clutch would stick on the floor during track days. After my last day out the slave finally failed completely and fluid drips out of the area just under the clutch. No pressure and no way to disengage the clutch. Stock LS9 slave only lasted 8 track days. I here the Tilton master and slave fixes the problem.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:30 AM
2000FRCZ19
Melting Slicks

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

I have read posts on here from members that say they do fix the problem. if I were doing a clutch I would go in this direction based on the feedback I have read on here.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:29 AM
ByByBMW
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 536 Likes on 279 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'08-'10-'11-'12-'13 '14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Originally Posted by 2000FRCZ19
I have read posts on here from members that say they do fix the problem. if I were doing a clutch I would go in this direction based on the feedback I have read on here.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:37 AM
63Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 283 Likes on 199 Posts

I have heard and seen posted that use of the "Tick" master cylinder also cures this problem.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:12 PM
Painrace
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

I have the Tick master and slave with the LS9X. It is the only way to go. When you see the stock master you will be pissed at what GM gave us. It is not an easy install. Follow the Tick instructions exactly. It is well worth your time.

Jim
Old 01-06-2013, 09:24 PM
RicK T
Team Owner

Received 556 Likes on 452 Posts

See post 5 and beyond in here:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...r-failure.html
Old 01-06-2013, 10:23 PM
William Atkins
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tilton master and slave in the LS9X

Originally Posted by Painrace
I have the Tick master and slave with the LS9X. It is the only way to go. When you see the stock master you will be pissed at what GM gave us. It is not an easy install. Follow the Tick instructions exactly. It is well worth your time.

Jim
Thanks for the info. I was able to install the Tick Master this weekend with some serous effort. The unit is awesome but the problem is with the slave. I will call Katech tommorrow about their Tilton slave and get one ASAP. I hear there is a backorder.

Bill
Old 01-07-2013, 04:33 PM
BgBoost1
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Jim

I have the Tick Master and Tilton Slave.....they both work well together! I would highly recommend them!
Old 01-07-2013, 06:14 PM
Painrace
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by William Atkins
Thanks for the info. I was able to install the Tick Master this weekend with some serous effort. The unit is awesome but the problem is with the slave. I will call Katech tommorrow about their Tilton slave and get one ASAP. I hear there is a backorder.

Bill
You have to pull the torque tube to install the slave but it is worth it. Good luck and let us know how it turns out. You will be pleased.

What do you think about the GM master they gave us?

Jim
Old 01-07-2013, 06:34 PM
CanadaGrant
Safety Car

Received 415 Likes on 336 Posts

Jim
Afternoon Jim. Just wondering if with the Tilton slave, you are still getting the dirty fluid after a track day or a couple of weeks driving like the crappy GM slave?

Get notified of new replies

To Tilton master and slave cylinders

Quick Reply: [Z06] Tilton master and slave cylinders