First, the vital statistics :
2006 C6 Z06
A powerful and reliable LS7 built at Wixom by Mr. Jim Knapp ......thanks for a kick *** motor, Mr. Knapp !!!
Current drivetrain mods.....MF103 and an OEM ZR1 x-pipe and muffler assembly, DRM shocks... factory tune.
Current mileage stands at 68,158 trouble free miles....all on original OEM clutch.
Best Dynojet 224 number ..... on 50/50 pump-racegas mix, 484 RWHP and 457 TQ . Best 91 pump gas numbers 474/445
Best 1/4, accomplished 1-12-2013 with 67,979 miles on odometer.... firstname.lastname@example.org MPH on a 1.53 60' .
Best ever trap speed, accomplished on 1-12-2013 with 67,979 miles on odometer .... 129.99 MPH .
Currently ranked #9 on the C6 Z06 Fast List Bolt-On category......with factory tune and mods listed above.
Current status :
In shop for repair of transmission leak.
OK...got that out of the way.
As my GMPP warranty is no longer in service, I decided it was time to install all the parts I've acquired over the course of the last two years.
Parts list consist of the following:
01) Katech LS9X clutch kit and remote bleeder
02) Katech Torquer 110 cam (1st gen.)
03) Katech C5R timing chain set
04) Katech billet idler pulley
05) new OEM LS7 lifters and lifter trays
06) new OEM LS7 rockers with Comp trunion upgrade
07) FAST LSXr102 intake with FAST billet fuel rails and black braided fuel lines
08) 60 lbs. injectors
09) NW102 throttle body
10) new OEM oil pump
11) Billy Boat 1 7/8 stainless steel longtubes, with Jethot coating inside and out
12) Akrapovic titanium x-pipe
13) WCCH Stage 2 heads with new OEM exhaust valves, Katech PSI-1511 beehive springs and titanium retainers, and a .030 mill
14) ARP hardware will be used in place of original OEM bolts for reassembly
15) already have the Halltech MF103 with beehive
16) already have OEM ZR1 over axle exhaust
We're going to tune it on both 91 pump gas and E85...E85 will be my primary fuel going forward. I'll use my HP Tuners Pro to switch tunes when appropriate.
Heads are at WCCH now, and they think they can get a fairly quick turnaround for me.
Hopefully we have her back together and on the dyno for the tunes in a few weeks.