Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Having a fuel issue problem. Please chime in!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 03:58 AM
azZ06Mike
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Default Having a fuel issue problem. Please chime in!

While driving the z06 today she started getting sluggish and finally went limp. I pulled over and i could crank the car and it would barely run. We pulled the cap off the sprague valve on the end of the fuel rail on the passenger side and while cranking checked for fuel pressure. We had nothing at all but a dribble.

I towed the car home and charged the battery and have checked every fuse in the car and nothing blown. I switched the relays around to see if it had gone bad and nothing. I took the rear tire off and checked the wiring plug for the fuel tank and it's good.

I do not hear the pump coming out when the ignition is on. Also i took my test lamp to the 20 amp fuse and it is not lighting up with the key on. Not sure what the issue could be!

Should the test light be lit up when the key is on when testing the 20 amp fuse?

Also what wire should i test at the pump plug in?

Thanks trying to eliminate needing a pump. the car is a 2006 with 16,000 miles running E85.
Old 03-31-2013, 05:36 AM
walhan_qtr
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I went through 3 stock pumps with E85. about 3k miles each. then switched to a walbro 400LPH which failed too with less than 500miles. switched to the E85 walbro 450 pump and no issues at all with thousands and thousands of miles (racing, dyno pulls, ..etc) no issue!

I know some people have 10+k miles with the stock pump... not me though! my fuel pump issues went away after switching to the E85 version of the walbro 450 pump!
Old 03-31-2013, 12:53 PM
azZ06Mike
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '11

What i can't figure out is why i have no power at the fuse when testing it with a test light.
Old 03-31-2013, 04:26 PM
azZ06Mike
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '11

Ok have power at the fuse now and the relay are both good. Does anyone know which wire on the rear plug at the pump to test for power?
Old 03-31-2013, 05:49 PM
azZ06Mike
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '11

Ok i found a post on how to jump the relay to have the pump on continuously. I did the jump over and nothing from my pump. I have very little fuel coming out of the sprag valve. Any other things i can check before doing the inevitable?
Old 03-31-2013, 06:19 PM
walhan_qtr
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by azZ06Mike
What i can't figure out is why i have no power at the fuse when testing it with a test light.
lol sorry if you see the time of my post you would understand why I didn't even know what was your questions hope you figure it out.

Get notified of new replies

To Having a fuel issue problem. Please chime in!

Quick Reply: [Z06] Having a fuel issue problem. Please chime in!