Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Anyone have Trans and/or Oil Cooler Retaining Clips?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 05:06 PM
camONLYls1
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Anyone have Trans and/or Oil Cooler Retaining Clips?

Long story short- I lost one Transmission Cooler retaining clip (where line connects to radiator) and one Oil Cooler retaining clip (same style but different size). My car is a 2007 Z06, so the oil cooler is mounted in front of the radiator.

Does anyone have extras laying around that I can buy? I already went to my local GM dealer, but they do not sell these clips individually. You have to buy the entire set of lines, which are $91 just for the Trans side let alone the Oil cooler.

I'm hoping one of you guys MAY have some from upgrading your lines during an aftermarket radiator swap.

Thanks in advance and hope everyone is enjoying the Holiday!

Shane
Old 03-31-2013, 06:37 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by camONLYls1
Long story short- I lost one Transmission Cooler retaining clip (where line connects to radiator) and one Oil Cooler retaining clip (same style but different size). My car is a 2007 Z06, so the oil cooler is mounted in front of the radiator.

Does anyone have extras laying around that I can buy? I already went to my local GM dealer, but they do not sell these clips individually. You have to buy the entire set of lines, which are $91 just for the Trans side let alone the Oil cooler.

I'm hoping one of you guys MAY have some from upgrading your lines during an aftermarket radiator swap.

Thanks in advance and hope everyone is enjoying the Holiday!

Shane
Take a look at this thread.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-t...ng-a-clip.html

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-t...post1575707033
Old 04-01-2013, 03:38 PM
camONLYls1
Racer

Thanks for the assistance!

I see there's a part number for the Oil Retainer Clip, which is great, but still looking for a Transmission Cooler Retainer Clip. My memory is losing me, but the Trans Retainer Clip is either smaller or larger than the Oil Retainer. Regardless, they're different sizing.

Anyone have an extra Transmission Cooler Retainer Clip laying around or know a part number?

Shane

Last edited by camONLYls1; 04-01-2013 at 03:41 PM.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:55 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Yes they sell them. I've bought both before from dealer.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:21 PM
camONLYls1
Racer

Thanks for the heads up!

I had my GM parts guy on the computer for 40mins trying to source these damn things. He ended up turning me away... If you ever come across a part number for the Trans Clips, please let me know.

Lucky me, a member here messaged me and is sending some over. Thanks to him and everyone else who helped!

Shane

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone have Trans and/or Oil Cooler Retaining Clips?

Quick Reply: [Z06] Anyone have Trans and/or Oil Cooler Retaining Clips?