Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] new zo6,blues or lemon maybe

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 11:12 AM
george454
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new zo6,blues or lemon maybe

I bought a zo6 on march19, I get my wife and go to get my new pride and joy. now this car is not brand new but new to me . Its a 2010, 28,700miles 1owner.
When im driving home i notice some things i didnt hear the day of the test drive. one was a bad clunck under the car when you get into the pedal,it was under front of the car. The other was at 75mph in 6th gear the dash had a loud vibration that maid a terrible noise. so back it goes to the dealer.
Back at the dealers i take the manager for a ride to hear the noise he hears one noise but not the other and tells me he thinks its exhaust and to let them look over the car again.
By the way the day i found this car it was being serviced because it was to be a C.P.O car. certified pre-owned car.With the remainder of original warranty, and i bought a 4year-48,000mile extended.
So the car stays with dealer. My wife and i go out of town for a week to see family. While the car was there they were to fix. the lighter that didnt work, the door panal the mechanic broke, the new exhaust problem, and the noise in the dash. Plus while they had it they drove the car through wet road paint. so they were to claen that and because of all the trouble they were going to zylon coat the car for half price.how ever every time the car goes there it comes back with new problems and the old unfixed.
So now the day comes were we come home from our trip to ny to see family. I tell the wife lets get the car and go to the beach for the weekend. We go to pick up the car and nothing but the lighter is done. At this point im pissed and i finally get the sales man that we bought the car from. A really nice guy and none of this i feel is to any fault of his. How ever im mad and i let him know it plus my weekend is screwed up. He tells me how sorry he is and that the exhaust didnt come in and when it did he would get the car in and do all the work at once and to take the car and have a great weekend it would be fine and safe.
Now this was the best part, we drive home to get 0ur things on the drive i notice the noise is worse and there is now a shake in the wheel at 60mph, but i feel like maybe im being over cautious and we load are things and go away. 73miles into my trip the clutch pedal gos to the floor and im on the side of a freeway with my wife stuck with no clutch i check the fluid and its just about empty and black as tar, while sitting on the road side i decide to check the oil that they changed to find it is a full quart low. Im about to blow my lid when a good person stops to help he gives me a ride to the store i buy dot 4/syn-oil and go back to the car do what i can clutch is still broke i get the car to dealer and im to the end of my rope.
Anyone with any idea what the law is on lemons and what if anything can i do. by the way we put over 45,000 dollers down on this car it is just about paid in full and it has spent all but a couple days at the dealer thanks George
Old 04-08-2013, 11:23 AM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by george454
I bought a zo6 on march19, I get my wife and go to get my new pride and joy. now this car is not brand new but new to me . Its a 2010, 28,700miles 1owner.
When im driving home i notice some things i didnt hear the day of the test drive. one was a bad clunck under the car when you get into the pedal,it was under front of the car. The other was at 75mph in 6th gear the dash had a loud vibration that maid a terrible noise. so back it goes to the dealer.
Back at the dealers i take the manager for a ride to hear the noise he hears one noise but not the other and tells me he thinks its exhaust and to let them look over the car again.
By the way the day i found this car it was being serviced because it was to be a C.P.O car. certified pre-owned car.With the remainder of original warranty, and i bought a 4year-48,000mile extended.
So the car stays with dealer. My wife and i go out of town for a week to see family. While the car was there they were to fix. the lighter that didnt work, the door panal the mechanic broke, the new exhaust problem, and the noise in the dash. Plus while they had it they drove the car through wet road paint. so they were to claen that and because of all the trouble they were going to zylon coat the car for half price.how ever every time the car goes there it comes back with new problems and the old unfixed.
So now the day comes were we come home from our trip to ny to see family. I tell the wife lets get the car and go to the beach for the weekend. We go to pick up the car and nothing but the lighter is done. At this point im pissed and i finally get the sales man that we bought the car from. A really nice guy and none of this i feel is to any fault of his. How ever im mad and i let him know it plus my weekend is screwed up. He tells me how sorry he is and that the exhaust didnt come in and when it did he would get the car in and do all the work at once and to take the car and have a great weekend it would be fine and safe.
Now this was the best part, we drive home to get 0ur things on the drive i notice the noise is worse and there is now a shake in the wheel at 60mph, but i feel like maybe im being over cautious and we load are things and go away. 73miles into my trip the clutch pedal gos to the floor and im on the side of a freeway with my wife stuck with no clutch i check the fluid and its just about empty and black as tar, while sitting on the road side i decide to check the oil that they changed to find it is a full quart low. Im about to blow my lid when a good person stops to help he gives me a ride to the store i buy dot 4/syn-oil and go back to the car do what i can clutch is still broke i get the car to dealer and im to the end of my rope.
Anyone with any idea what the law is on lemons and what if anything can i do. by the way we put over 45,000 dollers down on this car it is just about paid in full and it has spent all but a couple days at the dealer thanks George
lemon laws only pertain to new cars, not used ones. looks as if your only recourse is to fight it out with the dealer to get the problems resolved. If, after several tries, and they don't get the car repaired to your satisfaction, it's time to lawyer up.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:25 AM
Svre46
Pro

Originally Posted by george454

Not sure about the laws but you should contact GM regarding the issues or go to a different dealership to sort them out. That would really have put a massive damper on my view of the car. Keep us posted on what happens.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:35 PM
Random84
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Holy crap - I have no advice to give beyond what's already posted... but I give you credit for not burning the place down (yet).

Old 04-08-2013, 01:01 PM
VetteVinnie
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,675 Likes on 1,068 Posts

Wow. Sorry for all your troubles. I was hoping in the story you'd get to the root cause of the dash noise (which mine has just started doing recently). I thought it might be the shifter, but the noise isn't coming from the driveline. Sounds like a buzzing noise and only happens at highway speeds (60-75 MPH).
Old 04-08-2013, 01:10 PM
Hirohawa
Le Mans Master

Received 248 Likes on 158 Posts

This is the worst part of owning a corvette. Bad service. Find the best Chevrolet dealer in your area. and go there. Try the regional section of this forum.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:14 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Are you sure the oil was a quart low? It will show a quart low if you don't follow the instructions. It could have been just fine.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:18 PM
383LPE
Drifting

if its been less than 30 days you should be able to force them to take it back. double check and make sure they dont already offer a 30 day buy back, many do.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:21 PM
gatti-man
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 34 Posts

Yeah take that to another dealer or fight to get them to buy it back.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:21 PM
z51vett
Le Mans Master

Received 277 Likes on 169 Posts

Don't over fill clutch fluid min is where it's at new. Look up ranger method to flush clutch fluid from system. Might be clutch master cyl fail. Oh where are you located and dealer name they may or may not have a good rep for repairs.
z51vett
Doug
Old 04-08-2013, 02:19 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I would be protesting loud and clear for a full refund and return of the car - legal assistance may be in order . . .
Old 04-08-2013, 06:06 PM
george454
Cruising

Default lemon

I called the dealer and they gave me the run around . they finally called me at 4:30 and said i think we have it fixed they put another hydro/clutch pump, his words not mine . how ever he then said they were taken it out for a test drive and he would call me back in ten minutes, this was an hour ago and no call i have called them and no answer and mail box is full . im getting that im screwed feeling . hope im wrong.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:47 PM
Mark2009
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd try to make them take it back. Probably need to invest a few hundred in a lawyer to see what your options are, and to let them know you're serious. Time is running out if you have some kind of 30 day option (you'll need to research that). They can auction it off and probably not lose anything in the deal, so even if the law is not on your side they might take it off your hands just to get you out of their hair. If you have an attorney.

Problem is that you're probably in deep on sales/use tax, which you'd probably lose. Maybe they can pick up another Z06 for you and do a trade (some states let you slide on the sales/use tax in a situation like that). Just don't let them work on it

And now you know to bring a can of DOT 4 fluid and take care of the clutch reservoir before driving it off the lot

At minimum, find another dealer that knows how to work on these cars. It's not easy Post up your location, someone may be able to help you find someone.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:55 PM
george454
Cruising

we looked on the warranty papper and you have 3days or 150miles at what time you can bring it back .kind of buyers remorse. at this point i think we will try to make them fix it and hopefully they will do it right . other wise a will have a lawyer get in touch with them but from what i see i dont know if we can do much as long as they keep trying to fix it . what they need to do is stop letting some one in the back drive it . i really think someone took it out and beat the he$$ out of it. i dont know if we can do much more . we did reach out to some lawyers and we will see what the dealer does and if there is another problem then we will do what ever we can.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:13 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Is this purchase from a Chevrolet dealer? Is the service work being done by a Chevrolet dealer?
Old 04-08-2013, 09:16 PM
dstiger
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17

this thread is full of sadness
Old 04-08-2013, 09:20 PM
v.vet's Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 153 Likes on 115 Posts

Let me offer a positive comment. These cars are amazing!

The clutch problem can be resolved fairly easy, I believe. As one poster commented, you might need to find a better Corvette dealership to address some of the issues. Well worth your time. Being a 2010 model it could very well be in the 3year/36,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty period and is definitely in the 5year/100,000 mile drivetrain warranty period. Hang in there, don't give up easily. This Corvette is worth the effort.

I'm sure the dash problem can be resolved also if you find a knowledgable Corvette tech. And the low oil, probably not. Oil in the Z06 has to be checked between 5-20 minutes after shutdown to get an accurate reading from the holding tank. This Corvette is different than most cars which makes it an exciting journey to learn as much about it as you can. Do so through the Forum as well as the Owners manual.

I wish you many exciting miles in this automotive marvel!

Get notified of new replies

To new zo6,blues or lemon maybe

Old 04-09-2013, 08:10 AM
JwT
Burning Brakes

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

First let me say that I agree with the folks here that say the car is worth keeping. I know about problems with the Z06 first hand and I'm still working out bugs a year after buying my 07. It seems to me that your talking to the wrong folks at the dealer. The salesman could care less what happens to a car 30 minutes after the sale. You need to be raising the roof in the service manager's face. He's the guy who's responsible for fixing any and all problems. Talk to him man to man and let him know that things are not hunky dory with his tech's. I'd try that first and if that didn't work I'd ask to speak with the owner right in front of him. Lastly if that doesn't work it may be time to find a shop or another dealer. Keep us posted and good luck.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:46 PM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 677 Likes on 504 Posts

Hey george454,

It is so sad to hear about all the problems you are having with your Z06! I would be more than happy to help assist you with all of the concerns. If you would like me to pull your VIN to see what warranty you have available please private message me that information along with your name. I can also reach out to the dealer on your behalf or search our system for another dealer if you choose to change.

Please keep me posted on what happens!

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 04-09-2013, 12:50 PM
michaelinmech
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Chevy Cust Svc
Hey george454,

It is so sad to hear about all the problems you are having with your Z06! I would be more than happy to help assist you with all of the concerns. If you would like me to pull your VIN to see what warranty you have available please private message me that information along with your name. I can also reach out to the dealer on your behalf or search our system for another dealer if you choose to change.

Please keep me posted on what happens!

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Now THAT'S a great posting to read !!! Nice invitation Kelly J. !!

Quick Reply: [Z06] new zo6,blues or lemon maybe