Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] WCCH + Tune, another happy customer with Vengeance Racing (dyno sheet)

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 09:46 PM
Dre01SS
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default WCCH + Tune, another happy customer with Vengeance Racing (dyno sheet)

Got my 07 Z back from Vengeance today after WCCH + Tune, and happy as always with Vengeance. Car drives like stock, only mod is K&N intake and had the exhaust butterflies left open all times: 510rwhp/470rwtq

Given the car was bought used, I wanted to get the heads done ASAP, and have been behaving one could say, when it came to driving it. The drive leaving Vengeance today has been the best yet, truly enjoying the 427 - Road Atlanta in a few weeks now!

Thanks again Ron, Kevin, and Mike!

Here's the dyno sheet:

Last edited by Dre01SS; 04-10-2013 at 02:51 PM.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:10 PM
FrankTank
Race Director

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
CI 7-8-9-11 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

Wow , so stock cam and manifolds , you had the WCCH stage 2 with CNc porting tune and that's it ?
Old 04-10-2013, 12:00 AM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Nice results, and you got the valve train issue addressed to boot.

Vengeance is doing some great things.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:06 AM
beale
Instructor

Originally Posted by FrankTank
Wow , so stock cam and manifolds , you had the WCCH stage 2 with CNc porting tune and that's it ?

I would love to know more as well. Was there any milling done to the heads? I assume the car was on the stock tune before the head swap?

No matter what, those are some great results!
Old 04-10-2013, 12:11 AM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Received 227 Likes on 179 Posts

Nice !!

Standard SS valves/bronze guides/dual springs ??

DH
Old 04-10-2013, 05:43 AM
LT5 John
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW, some nice numbers...And piece of mind...There a great combination...
Old 04-10-2013, 07:25 AM
MarkC
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 574 Likes on 321 Posts
C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified 2020
C2 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

You can't beat the Vengeance Racing solution to the valve issue. One day service, cost and results are the way to go. Another example of WCCH porting getting results.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:51 AM
Dre01SS
Burning Brakes

Yessir!
Originally Posted by Dirty Howie
Nice !!

Standard SS valves/bronze guides/dual springs ??

DH
That's correct, WCCH Stage 2 package + Vengeance Dual Spring Kit wit Ti Retainers

This is the 3rd LSX vehicle they've worked on for me, and I've always left the shop more than pleased with both results, and service.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:04 AM
FrankTank
Race Director

CI 7-8-9-11 Veteran

Originally Posted by Dre01SS
Yessir!

That's correct, WCCH Stage 2 package + Vengeance Dual Spring Kit wit Ti Retainers

This is the 3rd LSX vehicle they've worked on for me, and I've always left the shop more than pleased with both results, and service.
I've seen a few other cars they've tuned like yours, but they had a CAI, not that that makes a huge difference, I am just surprised you hit over 500RWHP with only a tune and ported heads ...don't get me wrong, not knocking your results, my car will have the same heads you have plus tune, CAI and headers, so if anything its encouraging, but I've also seen a number of comments where people are saying Porting has minimal gains for the $$$.

Glad you got such good results either way
Old 04-10-2013, 09:43 AM
Dre01SS
Burning Brakes

I've seen a few other cars they've tuned like yours, but they had a CAI, not that that makes a huge difference, I am just surprised you hit over 500RWHP with only a tune and ported heads ...
The car does have an intake, K&N series 63 I think. I've honestly spent no time looking at it since I've purchased the car other than make sure the filter was in good condition.

Seems from most posts, 495-505 is expected with the WCCH + Tune on manifolds. I'm not worried about it nonetheless, we'd be splitting hairs talking about peak numbers... I need to improve my braking zone/corner speed more than gain extra ponies.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:57 AM
spicytuna
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've seen a few other cars they've tuned like yours, but they had a CAI, not that that makes a huge difference, I am just surprised you hit over 500RWHP with only a tune and ported heads ...don't get me wrong, not knocking your results, my car will have the same heads you have plus tune, CAI and headers, so if anything its encouraging, but I've also seen a number of comments where people are saying Porting has minimal gains for the $$$.
That's what I was thinking too, which is why I created that thread last week.

I concluded that 90% of the gains were actually from the tune. In other words, if you take a car which was dyno tuned, installed a set of ported heads and reran the tests again, you'd come out with maybe 5hp.

Of course future mods such as intake and headers will bring the heads to life.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:59 AM
FrankTank
Race Director

CI 7-8-9-11 Veteran

Originally Posted by Dre01SS
The car does have an intake, K&N series 63 I think. I've honestly spent no time looking at it since I've purchased the car other than make sure the filter was in good condition.

Seems from most posts, 495-505 is expected with the WCCH + Tune on manifolds. I'm not worried about it nonetheless, we'd be splitting hairs talking about peak numbers... I need to improve my braking zone/corner speed more than gain extra ponies.
all good! And I could not agree more, if you are into the track etc... HP is only one part of all the equation.

Originally Posted by spicytuna

I concluded that 90% of the gains were actually from the tune. In other words, if you take a car which was dyno tuned, installed a set of ported heads and reran the tests again, you'd come out with maybe 5hp.

Old 04-10-2013, 01:15 PM
0Ron@Vengeance Racing
Former Vendor

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by spicytuna

Not true at all.. We have performed back to back testing showing the WCCH Heads are worth approximately 20 to 25rwhp by installing them on a Z06 that was fully tuned and only optimizing the tune after the heads were on.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:26 PM
JChastain
Drifting

Vengeance did a wcch head swap on my car milled .25, ported. Car picked up 33 rwhp. Noticeable seat of the pants for sure! My car is also cammed with headers. Put down 570. Base lined 476 with headers and tune for a comparison in total gains.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:27 PM
z0sicktanner
Drifting

Originally Posted by Ron@Vengeance Racing
Not true at all.. We have performed back to back testing showing the WCCH Heads are worth approximately 20 to 25rwhp by installing them on a Z06 that was fully tuned and only optimizing the tune after the heads were on.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:40 PM
HoustonSVT
Pro

Ron, 20-25 rw with stock cam?
Old 04-10-2013, 01:53 PM
spicytuna
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That's good to know but I'm guessing the car had other mods done to it like headers and intake?

Get notified of new replies

To WCCH + Tune, another happy customer with Vengeance Racing (dyno sheet)

Old 04-10-2013, 02:27 PM
0Ron@Vengeance Racing
Former Vendor

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by HoustonSVT
Ron, 20-25 rw with stock cam?
Yessir. If you look at the graph above I would attribute half of the gain to the tune and the other half to the cylinder head upgrade.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:44 PM
93Polo
Team Owner

Received 370 Likes on 317 Posts
CI 3-4-5-9 Veteran

Congrats Dre and Ron Good #s, It'd be interesting to see what Long Tubes and then a FAST would do without a cam.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:02 PM
J.J.D.O.
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 93Polo
Congrats Dre and Ron Good #s, It'd be interesting to see what Long Tubes and then a FAST would do without a cam.

Quick Reply: [Z06] WCCH + Tune, another happy customer with Vengeance Racing (dyno sheet)