Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] LS7 Misfire

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 09:57 PM
09ZO6_Doc
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS7 Misfire

I've been out of town for the past week with my '09Z06 in the garage. This morning, when I started up the vette, I noticed the engine running a little "rough". Got to work with no problems and got home with no problems, although acceleration was a bit delayed as far as response to increased throttle goes. After 30 minutes or so, I got back in the car to head out for dinner, and about 1/4 mile from the house the car was starting to misfire. The traction control light came on first and then the check engine light came on a few seconds later after which it went back off (the traction control light remained on). So I turned around and got back home. Got a hold of OnStar who ran a diagnostic and told me the same thing I thought - Misfire and that I had a problem with the ABS (which I seriously doubt). In any case, I turned the engine off waited a few minutes and then cranked it back on and got the same thing.

I always use Shell Premium gas from the same gas station that I've been using for the past year, after I had this same problem occur again after being out of town for about a week. Back then the dealer told me I must have gotten a batch of bad gas since several of the spark plugs were fouled. I find it hard to believe it would be the gas that would cause the fouling to occur. But now again the same thing happens after a week of not driving.

Currently have about 53K miles. Never tracked. No engine upgrades.

Any ideas?

Last edited by 09ZO6_Doc; 04-10-2013 at 10:01 PM.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:03 PM
Madsen
Burning Brakes

Received 88 Likes on 42 Posts

Spark plug fouled, or plug wire off?
Both have happened with me.
Good luck
Old 04-10-2013, 10:27 PM
Lawdogg
Safety Car

Received 210 Likes on 91 Posts

Crank position sensor will cause the misfire and a traction control error.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:38 PM
erikszr1
Melting Slicks

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

many many many things can cause a missfire. keep it simple. check all spark plug wires are securely attatched at plugs and coils. most codes that cause a check engine light to come on will also make traction light to illuminate also. i seriously doubt gasoline is your issue, even previously.

Get notified of new replies

To LS7 Misfire

Quick Reply: [Z06] LS7 Misfire