Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] C6 z06 ,,,fast intake mainfold???

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 02:00 PM
KING_PIN6
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C6 z06 ,,,fast intake mainfold???

Im planning to install headers+intake on my c6 z06.

And im thinking of install FAST INTAKE MAINFOLD WITH STOCK THROTTLE BODY.

what do you think about this setup ?
How much hp i will gain ?is it worth it?

Im asking because its expansive and i dont want to waste my money on little hp
Old 04-30-2013, 02:29 PM
FNBADAZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 634 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by KING_PIN6
Im planning to install headers+intake on my c6 z06.

And im thinking of install FAST INTAKE MAINFOLD WITH STOCK THROTTLE BODY.

what do you think about this setup ?
How much hp i will gain ?is it worth it?

Im asking because its expansive and i dont want to waste my money on little hp
You are going to get mixed responses on this question, but this is the low down from my experience.

The FAST LSXR102 manifold is going to add low to mid range torque to the engine's power band. More torque output in the RPM range you'll be driving is always a good thing in my eyes. Peak HP number gains are not going to be big.....anywhere from 10 HP+. But I think you'll see 20+ lbs/tq down low and in the midrange...something you can use everyday in normal driving mode.

Is it worth $1K+ ? That, you'll need to decide yourself.

Oh, and I have a FAST LSXR102 on my car.....550+ lbs/ft of torque N/A
Old 04-30-2013, 02:35 PM
KING_PIN6
Racer

Originally Posted by FNBADAZ06
You are going to get mixed responses on this question, but this is the low down from my experience.

The FAST LSXR102 manifold is going to add low to mid range torque to the engine's power band. More torque output in the RPM range you'll be driving is always a good thing in my eyes. Peak HP number gains are not going to be big.....anywhere from 10 HP+. But I think you'll see 20+ lbs/tq down low and in the midrange...something you can use everyday in normal driving mode.

what iv heard about this mainfold is when you add more mods (head.cam) you will gain more hp.

But if your car is bolt-on it wont gain that much just like you said.
Old 04-30-2013, 02:45 PM
FNBADAZ06
Le Mans Master

what iv heard about this mainfold is when you add more mods (head.cam) you will gain more hp.

But if your car is bolt-on it wont gain that much just like you said.
There are few, if any, bolt-on's that are going to give you big gains in of themselves....short of power adders such as NO2 or F/I .
It's the cumlative affects of various bolt-on's that are going to add significantly to your power output.

The long runners in the FAST will add torque down low and in the mid-range....how much will be predicated on the supporting mods.

HP is torque x rpm.

Add torque anywhere in that power curve and you'll add horsepower as well.
Old 04-30-2013, 02:50 PM
KING_PIN6
Racer

There are few, if any, bolt-on's that are going to give you big gains in of themselves....short of power adders such as NO2 or F/I .
It's the cumlative affects of various bolt-on's that are going to add significantly to your power output.

The long runners in the FAST will add torque down low and in the mid-range....how much will be predicated on the supporting mods.

HP is torque x rpm.

Add torque anywhere in that power curve and you'll add horsepower as well.

My mod will be headers and intake . And im thinking of intake mainfold

Thats why i want to know is it worth hp gain
Old 04-30-2013, 02:50 PM
Gering
Tolero Apto Victum
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

Great Post!
Old 04-30-2013, 02:54 PM
FNBADAZ06
Le Mans Master

My mod will be headers and intake . And im thinking of intake mainfold

Thats why i want to know is it worth hp gain
My opinion....yes.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:50 PM
briancb1
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yea it's worth it. Enjoy!
Old 04-30-2013, 06:36 PM
Buddy A
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 66 Posts

May be a good idea to port the stock intake until you add more mods such as a cam. I picked up 20 hp and 30 tq up top with the install of a FAST on an all ready ported stock intake. I had CAI, headers, and tune.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:13 AM
KING_PIN6
Racer

Im not adding cam ...just bolt-on headers and intake
Old 05-01-2013, 04:23 AM
yellowzron
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 333 Likes on 195 Posts

Can anyone corroborate if you get the fast 102 intake you need a nicky williams tb or a fast tb? This is what I was told.

If you are doing more mods you will gain more hp. If you are only doing headers cai then hp numbers will be minimal. The fast makes more hp with more mods, i.e. cam heads ect.......
Old 05-01-2013, 04:25 AM
KING_PIN6
Racer

Originally Posted by yellowzron
Can anyone corroborate if you get the fast 102 intake you need a nicky williams tb or a fast tb? This is what I was told.

If you are doing more mods you will gain more hp. If you are only doing headers cai then hp numbers will be minimal. The fast makes more hp with more mods, i.e. cam heads ect.......
so is it worth doing fast intake mainfold with HEADERS AND INTAKE...
Old 05-01-2013, 04:43 AM
RamAir972003
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts

Im in the same boat as you I have heads and cam Im at 570hp 495 torque, Im am to debating on this will it help me get 600 to wheels. I would also like the responses from anyone also Good Thread....KING
Old 05-01-2013, 04:47 AM
KING_PIN6
Racer

Originally Posted by ramair972003
im in the same boat as you i have heads and cam im at 570hp 495 torque, im am to debating on this will it help me get 600 to wheels. I would also like the responses from anyone also good thread....king

i heard that with fast you will gain amazing torque but with hp it depends on your mods
Old 05-01-2013, 09:52 AM
1 BAD BURB
Le Mans Master

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

I am going thru the same situation right now. I just had an ls7 built with heads and cam as well as full bolt ons. I opt'd to pass on the fast 102 intake and TB at first. Now that the motor is in and tuned, it falls flat at 5k since it isn't getting enough air. And I do have a ported ls7 intake on it currently.
So logically, most h/c modded motors should have the fast 102 on it.

And you do NOT need a nick Williams 102 tb to mate to the fast 102. You can port the oem TB to work just fine.

If you have a stock ls7 and are just doing bolt ons, a fast 102 is a waste... IMHO. You could do a ported ls7 intake, that would help, no doubt. But bang for the buck, the fast would be wasted money. Unless of course you plan to do h/c down the line.

My last h/c z06 made 580rwhp with a fast. Def made a huge gain over stock.

I'm trying to find a Fast for my current setup. If I do, I'll have my ported ls7 I take for sale. This would be perfect for the OP's setup or anyone looking to make a lil more then stock.
Aj
Old 05-01-2013, 10:38 AM
FNBADAZ06
Le Mans Master

so is it worth doing fast intake mainfold with HEADERS AND INTAKE...
The FAST LSXR102 IS the intake.
If you're asking if the Nick Williams 102 Throttle Body is worth doing, along with the FAST intake, I would say skip the throttle body.

Bottom line.....the FAST intake has a larger plenum volume, and LONG intake runners. It will always outperform the stock manifold, even when ported, because of those virtues. Long runners promote intake velocity and TORQUE......the OEM manifold intake ports are shorter.

The torque advantage the FAST has over the OEM manifold decreases some as RPM increases, but it's still an advantage...and that's one of the reasons you'll also see a bump in HP. The factory cam limits the breathing capabilities of the FAST at higher RPM's, so when you put an aftermarket cam in with more lift and duration, the gains with the FAST can be even more impressive.

That makes sense ?
Old 05-01-2013, 10:44 AM
FNBADAZ06
Le Mans Master

i heard that with fast you will gain amazing torque but with hp it depends on your mods
There is NO hp without torque !!!!!

If you get amazing torque gains, you'll get the better HP numbers as well....they go hand in hand !!!!!

Get notified of new replies

To C6 z06 ,,,fast intake mainfold???

Old 05-01-2013, 12:15 PM
Pfadt Racing
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The FAST LSXR102 IS the intake.
If you're asking if the Nick Williams 102 Throttle Body is worth doing, along with the FAST intake, I would say skip the throttle body.

Bottom line.....the FAST intake has a larger plenum volume, and LONG intake runners. It will always outperform the stock manifold, even when ported, because of those virtues. Long runners promote intake velocity and TORQUE......the OEM manifold intake ports are shorter.

The torque advantage the FAST has over the OEM manifold decreases some as RPM increases, but it's still an advantage...and that's one of the reasons you'll also see a bump in HP. The factory cam limits the breathing capabilities of the FAST at higher RPM's, so when you put an aftermarket cam in with more lift and duration, the gains with the FAST can be even more impressive.

That makes sense ?
Agreed.

To the OP. Start with a HP goal and a budget, then work your way backwards. Some components will hit harder than others. For example, people see huge gains with a Cam/Headers/CAI combo (100+hp) without touching the stock intake manifold or heads. If you want more, you can start playing around with porting various components and under-drive pulleys to hit a specific goal. At the end of the day, you'll have a blast no matter what direction you take....you can make these cars faasssttt

Last edited by Pfadt Racing; 05-01-2013 at 12:18 PM.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:09 AM
RamAir972003
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts

So say Im at 565 570 490 plus torque what would MY GAIN BE WITH THE FAST.....
Old 05-02-2013, 03:31 AM
yellowzron
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 333 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by RamAir972003
So say Im at 565 570 490 plus torque what would MY GAIN BE WITH THE FAST.....
It would be hard to say but my educated guess would be about 8-14 hp. I would port the intake as well.

Quick Reply: [Z06] C6 z06 ,,,fast intake mainfold???