Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] GMPP News

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 12:03 PM
0CeYaBye
Former Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Default GMPP News

Well as of now not only are all dealers done selling GMPP's in Florida but now California and Maryland. GMPP is to be sold by a dealer licensed in the State of California only and GMPP must be incidental to the sale or lease of the vehicle. In other words you must buy the GMPP on day of purchase of your vehicle or you will be unable to get one. Internet sales of GMPP to California customers are not allowed.

This is the exact email I just got from GMPP so to my thousands of great friends and customers of GMPP purchases over the years in California we will still be friends but no longer customers.

For all of you wanting GMPP quotes in other states from this point forward I will need the VIN, Exact Miles and state you are in. There are state specific requirements that I need to send to you and then you have to sign a letter and send back to me for my file stating you understand these requirements.

dfichtner@fichtnerchevrolet.com

406-628-4618, Ext 105

Last edited by CeYaBye; 05-21-2013 at 02:46 PM.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:02 PM
Minkster
Melting Slicks

Received 103 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by CeYaBye
Well as of now not only are all dealers done selling GMPP's in Florida but now California and Maryland. GMPP is to be sold by a dealer licensed in the State of California only and GMPP must be incidental to the sale or lease of the vehicle. In other words you must buy the GMPP on day of purchase of your vehicle or you will be unable to get one. Internet sales of GMPP to California customers are now allowed.

This is the exact email I just got from GMPP so to my thousands of great friends and customers of GMPP purchases over the years in California we will still be friends but no longer customers.

For all of you wanting GMPP quotes in other states from this point forward I will need the VIN, Exact Miles and state you are in. There are state specific requirements that I need to send to you and then you have to sign a letter and send back to me for my file stating you understand these requirements.

406-628-4618, Ext 105
Should this say "not"?

Are they going to grandfather in vehicles on the road now that are still under warranty or are you SOL?
Old 05-21-2013, 02:47 PM
0CeYaBye
Former Vendor

Caught my typing error but thank you for also catching it, no grandfathering in that I can see. I already have about 20-30 customers contacting the insurance commissioners office in California to see what can be done with this.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:51 PM
vray
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Whaaaaat?? Why?
Old 05-21-2013, 04:08 PM
nhpln
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Well as of now not only are all dealers done selling GMPP's in Florida but now California and Maryland. GMPP is to be sold by a dealer licensed in the State of California only and GMPP must be incidental to the sale or lease of the vehicle. In other words you must buy the GMPP on day of purchase of your vehicle or you will be unable to get one. Internet sales of GMPP to California customers are not allowed.

406-628-4618, Ext 105
I am in California and have an existing GMPP on my Z06. Do you know if this means I won't be able to buy an extension once my current one expires? Even at a California dealer?
Old 05-21-2013, 04:58 PM
Minkster
Melting Slicks

I called GMPP and asked about this. They seemed perplexed and had to go ask someone up the food chain. The final word I got was that you have to take the car to the dealer (anywhere in the U.S. they told me) so they can verify the mileage and VIN. As long as your current warranty is in force, you can get a GMPP (from a dealer). Sounds like they are as confused as we are.
Old 05-21-2013, 05:58 PM
valet_devil
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

How about my situation. I am military so have mine registered in VA but will renew its registration in FL. So, If I get the GMPP while still registered in VA, THEN renew in FL will I still be under the coverage? Don't ask where the physical location will be; I'm all over the place.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:29 PM
0CeYaBye
Former Vendor

Here is the exact wordage from GMPP to me:

California Exception Language
What This Agreement Does Not Cover
e) Caused by a condition that existed prior to purchase of this Agreement, or if the odometer has
stopped or been changed;
Your Responsibilities
YOU must properly maintain the covered VEHICLE as recommended by the VEHICLE manufacturer. If requested,
proof of required service, including receipts and work orders showing date and mileage of the VEHICLE at the
time of service, must be presented to US in the event of a FAILURE or CLAIM.
Appraisal of Loss
The Appraisal of Loss section is not applicable.
Agreement Cancellation and Refunds
To cancel this Agreement, return with this Agreement to YOUR selling dealer. The dealer will assist with YOUR
cancellation request and verify the VEHICLE'S mileage. If YOU need additional assistance call OUR toll free number
1-800-631-5590.
If YOU cancel within sixty (60) days of YOUR purchase, the entire purchase price will be refunded unless YOU have
made a CLAIM. If YOU have made a CLAIM or if YOU cancel more than sixty (60) days after the purchase date, the
unused portion of the purchase price, less an administration fee of $25 or ten percent (10%) of the purchase price,
whichever is less, will be refunded to YOU or a person authorized by YOU to receive it for YOUR account within thirty (30)
days of the date this Agreement is canceled. The amount of refund will be prorated using the lesser of days or miles of
coverage remaining. WE will not subtract the COST of a CLAIM, if any, from YOUR refund.
If WE cancel, WE will give YOU five (5) days notice of cancellation, and state the specific reason for cancellation.
Insurance Disclosure
Performance to YOU under this contract is guaranteed by a California-approved insurance company. The name and
address of the insurance company is MIC Property and Casualty Insurance Corporation, 300 Galleria Officentre, Suite
200, Southfield, MI 48034. YOU may file a claim with this insurance company if any promise made in the contract has
been denied or has not been honored within sixty (60) days of the date proof of loss was filed. If YOU are not satisfied
with the insurance company's response, YOU may contact the California Department of Insurance at 1-800-927-4357.
State Disclosure
GMAC Service Agreement Corporation's Provider License No. is 0C64527.
WE will deliver YOUR Agreement to YOU within sixty (60) days after YOU purchase this Agreement.

Again exact words from GMPP:

Chart from GMPP state that if you live in California you must get a sample agreement before purchase, VSC must be sold by Licensed Dealer in State, VSC must be incidental to sale or lease of Vehicle and you must be provided with a State Specific Form.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:19 PM
vray
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This sucks.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:25 PM
Minkster
Melting Slicks

Here is the exact wordage from GMPP to me:

California Exception Language
What This Agreement Does Not Cover
e) Caused by a condition that existed prior to purchase of this Agreement, or if the odometer has
stopped or been changed;
Your Responsibilities
YOU must properly maintain the covered VEHICLE as recommended by the VEHICLE manufacturer. If requested,
proof of required service, including receipts and work orders showing date and mileage of the VEHICLE at the
time of service, must be presented to US in the event of a FAILURE or CLAIM.
Appraisal of Loss
The Appraisal of Loss section is not applicable.
Agreement Cancellation and Refunds
To cancel this Agreement, return with this Agreement to YOUR selling dealer. The dealer will assist with YOUR
cancellation request and verify the VEHICLE'S mileage. If YOU need additional assistance call OUR toll free number
1-800-631-5590.
If YOU cancel within sixty (60) days of YOUR purchase, the entire purchase price will be refunded unless YOU have
made a CLAIM. If YOU have made a CLAIM or if YOU cancel more than sixty (60) days after the purchase date, the
unused portion of the purchase price, less an administration fee of $25 or ten percent (10%) of the purchase price,
whichever is less, will be refunded to YOU or a person authorized by YOU to receive it for YOUR account within thirty (30)
days of the date this Agreement is canceled. The amount of refund will be prorated using the lesser of days or miles of
coverage remaining. WE will not subtract the COST of a CLAIM, if any, from YOUR refund.
If WE cancel, WE will give YOU five (5) days notice of cancellation, and state the specific reason for cancellation.
Insurance Disclosure
Performance to YOU under this contract is guaranteed by a California-approved insurance company. The name and
address of the insurance company is MIC Property and Casualty Insurance Corporation, 300 Galleria Officentre, Suite
200, Southfield, MI 48034. YOU may file a claim with this insurance company if any promise made in the contract has
been denied or has not been honored within sixty (60) days of the date proof of loss was filed. If YOU are not satisfied
with the insurance company's response, YOU may contact the California Department of Insurance at 1-800-927-4357.
State Disclosure
GMAC Service Agreement Corporation's Provider License No. is 0C64527.
WE will deliver YOUR Agreement to YOU within sixty (60) days after YOU purchase this Agreement.

Again exact words from GMPP:

Chart from GMPP state that if you live in California you must get a sample agreement before purchase, VSC must be sold by Licensed Dealer in State, VSC must be incidental to sale or lease of Vehicle and you must be provided with a State Specific Form.
Just called the finance officer at Paradise Chev in Ventura, CA (largest in the county) who handles the GMPP for the dealer and he has not seen this. Gave me the same rules that have always applied, if you're within your B-B warranty, you can purchase a GMPP when within 2 mos or 2K miles (?) of expiration. Maybe he's late getting it??? He did say the rules have changed for "Certified" vehicles, but that happend a couple of years ago. Said he's been selling GMPPs (one today) and hasn't been getting any kick backs.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:34 PM
PatriotZ
Melting Slicks

Location: "No matter where you go... there you are"...."You cannot drive a dollar bill". ...and remember... "D
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks Dennis for the update and heads up........another good reason to live in Arizona....
Old 05-21-2013, 10:22 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Originally Posted by nhpln
I am in California and have an existing GMPP on my Z06. Do you know if this means I won't be able to buy an extension once my current one expires? Even at a California dealer?
^ This...I have 3 years left on my GMPP, was thinking of extending it. Guess maybe I won't...
Old 05-22-2013, 02:31 PM
0CeYaBye
Former Vendor

Minkster

He can sell GMPP's because he is at a dealer in California, as in Florida if you live in California or Florida you must buy from a dealer in your state.

As stated by GMPP, GMPP must be sold by licensed dealer in California, GMPP sale must be incidental to sale or lease of Vehicle and you must be provided with State Specific Form.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:36 PM
ATC399
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 768 Likes on 395 Posts

Greed....
Old 05-22-2013, 03:54 PM
Hirohawa
Le Mans Master

Received 248 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by nhpln
Originally Posted by MTPZ06
^ This...I have 3 years left on my GMPP, was thinking of extending it. Guess maybe I won't...
I'm in the same boat. Can I extend my GMPP I bought from you before it runs out as it is an older policy?

Thanks
Old 05-22-2013, 06:20 PM
Minkster
Melting Slicks

Minkster

He can sell GMPP's because he is at a dealer in California, as in Florida if you live in California or Florida you must buy from a dealer in your state.

As stated by GMPP, GMPP must be sold by licensed dealer in California, GMPP sale must be incidental to sale or lease of Vehicle and you must be provided with State Specific Form.
He told me that I could get a GMPP when I needed it when the time comes in about 8 mos, no restrictions. He hasn't seen the restriction on purchasing a GMPP incidental to sale or lease.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:38 PM
Hirohawa
Le Mans Master

Crazy!

Get notified of new replies

To GMPP News

Old 05-24-2013, 10:25 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Realistically, in early 2016...I'm gonna pull the heads, do a mild cam, and dyno tune the car. This just helps me sway my decision in that direction.
Old 05-26-2013, 01:08 AM
Hirohawa
Le Mans Master

Looks like I might be in the same boat.

Last edited by Hirohawa; 05-28-2013 at 02:54 PM.
Old 05-28-2013, 02:54 PM
Hirohawa
Le Mans Master

Any more info?

Quick Reply: [Z06] GMPP News