Go Back   Corvette Forum > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Z06 Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C6 Z06 Discussion
General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LS7 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track Sponsored by
PFYC

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 05-24-2013, 11:07 PM   #1
mistermog
CF Senior Member

Send a message via AIM to mistermog Send a message via MSN to mistermog Send a message via Yahoo to mistermog
Default Tune Results!

Zo6 with KB2 (MF103), ported stock intake and tb, Kooks 17/8s, darin morgan ported polished heads milled .020, comp cam 236/242 mid 620s lift 113+4.

Ended up with 540 hp and 476 tq.
Click the image to open in full size.

I was hoping for 560/500+ but oh well... I know dynos can vary and temperature and all that but... still a tad bummed. Nice flat torque curve though, and drives pretty easily with minor surging that just happens to be at 75-80 mph in 6th gear... doh!

Got the tune done by Howard at Redline Motorsports in Pompano beach, FL. Not a bad shop, definitely the cleanest shop I've ever been in. The guys were great and everything went very well.

A little weird they don't let you watch the car on the dyno but other than that it was a fantastic experience.

Click the image to open in full size.

I have to edit this post, some people have gotten the impression that I am not satisfied with the tune or with Redlines work. That could not be further from the truth. Howard and Carlos and everyone there was exceptional. The tune seems to be dead on. The numbers is what the cam gives and the tiny bit of surging again, its a cam. I expected some, as everyone told me before hand there might be some.

I just mentioned the being around the car on the dyno because this is just the first time that's ever happened, and its probably for insurance reasons or something which is understandable. I just mention it because I'm sure like others around here I like to just be there to watch and see whats going on at tire places and mechanics and such if I can. Again that's in no way a ding on the shop, I just wanted to mention it to inform people so they wouldn't be surprised if that came up.

I am in no way unsatisfied with Redlines work, a great shop and group of guys and I will definitely not hestitate to go back there. It was nothing against them at all, I hope no one took what I said that way and this clears that up.

Last edited by mistermog; 05-26-2013 at 09:52 AM.
mistermog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:09 PM   #2
'06 Quicksilver Z06
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermog View Post
Zo6 with KB2, ported stock intake and tb, Kooks 17/8s, darin morgan ported polished heads milled .020, comp cam 236/242 mid 620s lift 113+4.

clicky

I was hoping for 560/500+ but oh well... I know dynos can vary and temperature and all that but... still a tad bummed. Nice flat torque curve though, and drives pretty easily with minor surging that just happens to be at 75-80 mph in 6th gear... doh!

Got the tune done by Howard at Redline Motorsports in Pompano beach, FL. Not a bad shop, definitely the cleanest shop I've ever been in. The guys were great and everything went very well.

A little weird they don't let you watch the car on the dyno but other than that it was a fantastic experience.
Awww, ya got lucky.

J/K, congrats on the build and the results.

540/476 is very impressive. I wouldn't sweat not making the 560/500. Depending on when and on whose dyno, it well could put up 560/500, who knows. The dyno is for tuning.

Last edited by '06 Quicksilver Z06; 05-24-2013 at 11:16 PM.
'06 Quicksilver Z06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:14 PM   #3
mistermog
CF Senior Member

Send a message via AIM to mistermog Send a message via MSN to mistermog Send a message via Yahoo to mistermog

Thanks... like I said was hoping for a 100+ jump on the torque but it is what it is I guess... im certainly not gonna open it up to change anything now.

Theres a little surging right where I drive on the highway, might want to see if that can be ironed out via email somehow.

Thanks for the support quick
Old 05-24-2013, 11:18 PM   #4
lilredvette05
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Zo6 with KB2, ported stock intake and tb, Kooks 17/8s, darin morgan ported polished heads milled .020, comp cam 236/242 mid 620s lift 113+4.

clicky

Nice results, did they say why they won't let you watch?? Does seem kinda weird but maybe some saftey issues happened in past
lilredvette05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:19 PM   #5
'06 Quicksilver Z06
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Thanks... like I said was hoping for a 100+ jump on the torque but it is what it is I guess... im certainly not gonna open it up to change anything now.

Theres a little surging right where I drive on the highway, might want to see if that can be ironed out via email somehow.

Thanks for the support quick
You're welcome.

BTW, what were the numbers before the heads and cam, if you have them?
Old 05-24-2013, 11:20 PM   #6
LanceFitzgiben
CF Senior Member

Send a message via AIM to LanceFitzgiben

Fantastic! You should be pumped! Congrats man
LanceFitzgiben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:23 PM   #7
'06 Quicksilver Z06
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanceFitzgiben View Post
Fantastic! You should be pumped! Congrats man
Did all the work himself. Had never done a heads and cam job before.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:27 PM   #8
mistermog
CF Senior Member

Hahah yeah, didn't know HOW to do any of this... thanks to the forum I learned as I went. Im so happy its done haha. I ended up getting a 180 tstat put in at the shop too, might as well I guess. in 90 degree temps the car stayed below 195 coolant temp and 176 on the highway. Oil was in the 150s.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:35 PM   #9
2k Cobra
CF Senior Member

Flavio012

Great job. Glad things worked out for you.

I thought you fell off the Earth. (No news lately)
2k Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:39 PM   #10
mistermog
CF Senior Member

Since I got it together I had to wait a bit for schedules to sync up to get the tune done. I have to say super happy how Redline worked out. Couldn't have gotten much better for a first tune experience unless strippers came and handed out free donuts and visa gift cards.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:57 PM   #11
VictoryRedZ06
CF Senior Member

Nice numbers man, I have a similar build heads, ported intake and tb, CAI, smaller cam and put down 548.7 rwhp and 489.7 ft-lb of torque NO Headers NO exhaust. This was on a load dyno with SAE correction
VictoryRedZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 12:09 AM   #12
AzDave47
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Congrats, mistermog on a very challenging build for you
AzDave47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 12:17 AM   #13
SS MPSTR
CF Senior Member

Quote:

clicky

Nice results. Comparing dyno numbers is a relative exercise anyway. I'm sure it runs like a scalded *** ape.
SS MPSTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 06:04 AM   #14
Turbosixx
CF Senior Member

Congrats! Very impressive that you had never done this before and pulled it off!
Turbosixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:27 AM   #15
NHRA95
CF Senior Member

Was it run on a Dynojet?

I assume those were SAE numbers?
NHRA95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:37 AM   #16
MarkC
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Congrats Mr Mog, I have enjoyed your posts and your journey in this rebuild. I wouldn't worry about the number, the confidence in your car is what counts. Mark
MarkC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:15 AM   #17
DON T.
CF Senior Member

Default Head job!!

I was hopeing for a smoking hot video to start the day But--NOooooo....Another Head Thread...
DON T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:16 AM   #18
Mark2009
2009 Corvette Z06
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
[...] Ended up with 540 hp and 476 tq.
clicky

I was hoping for 560/500+ but oh well... I know dynos can vary and temperature and all that but... still a tad bummed. [...]
DYNOmites are load cell dynos and often a little stingy compared to an inertia (DynoJet) dyno. If you put it on a DynoJet you might see your 560/500

Last edited by Mark2009; 05-25-2013 at 08:27 AM.
Mark2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:42 AM   #19
mistermog
CF Senior Member

thanks guys.

I'm just so happy shes done. I need to change the plugs back out, the TR6's are just a tad too cold for low RPM cruising that I do more with it than the stockers, so I need to swap em back.

The weird thing, with that torque curve it actually feels slower because you don't feel the torque ramp in.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:42 AM   #20
mistermog
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON T. View Post
I was hopeing for a smoking hot video to start the day But--NOooooo....Another Head Thread...
Gasp... what kind of a forum do you think this is?! heheheh
Old 05-25-2013, 08:42 AM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Z06 Discussion
Reload this Page Tune Results!