Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] who here are running procharger on c6 z06?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 09:33 PM
Axelsc
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default who here are running procharger on c6 z06?

how much boost do you run with your stock engine?

how many miles do you have with this kit with 0 issues?

who tune your Vette? how much hp?
Old 06-06-2013, 10:16 PM
02sscamaro
Racer

I would send those heads too wcch before anything. if you haven't already?
Old 06-06-2013, 10:23 PM
stealthy08
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
2018 C6 of Year Finalist

I have a procharger, not sure how much boost, but its conservative. I also have a cam/headers/exhaust. Runs like a champ although I don't beat the hell out of it. just had a few minor mods done. Once I get the heads done I will have it retuned on the dyno. I also have a modified transmission and dual stage clutch. The clutch is very easy, not stiff at all. It has about 3-4k miles on the mods, 7k total. Tuned by HPS and averaged 30-31 mpg on a recent road trip.

630 rwhp
595 rwtq
Old 06-07-2013, 02:41 PM
Axelsc
Instructor

what size of injectors you are running?

you put the valvetrain, or i can run with the stock
Old 06-07-2013, 03:57 PM
Rompvettes
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I have a D1 Procharged C6Z but I have a fully built LSX, PRC Heads, Custom Cam, LG Super Pro Longtubes, Centerforce DYAD, B&B Exhaust. Tuned by LG Motorsports. For injectors I run Injector Dynamics 850's. At only 5lbs. of boost it made 655rwhp and 598ft. lbs. It's actually going back to LG tomorrow for a fuel system and a smaller blower pulley and tune. Should make 900+ to the ground on pump gas.
Old 06-07-2013, 04:07 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Good luck with that. A d1 will struggle to make 900+rwhp.
Old 06-07-2013, 04:18 PM
Rompvettes
Advanced

Originally Posted by Unreal
Good luck with that. A d1 will struggle to make 900+rwhp.
Guess we'll just have to find out. My friend has a D1 on a built 408 and he made 834rwhp at 15lbs. of boost. My motor is a completely built LSX427 by Texas Speed and Performance so at the same 15lbs. of boost I don't see why 900ish isn't possible. My car also has a meth kit.
Old 06-07-2013, 04:24 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Just because you will run out of blower. D1s max out in the mid 800s. No matter what motor the blower just can't more air. Good luck though. It would be great to see a d1 make that.
Old 06-07-2013, 04:33 PM
Rompvettes
Advanced

Originally Posted by Unreal
Just because you will run out of blower. D1s max out in the mid 800s. No matter what motor the blower just can't more air. Good luck though. It would be great to see a d1 make that.
Thanks....I was just making an assumption based off of his numbers on his build. Honestly, whatever it makes will make me happy. I've seen the D1's make good power but they do max out around 18-20lbs. and I don't want to spin the hell out of it either. We're going to set it up for 15-16lbs. and whatever it makes will work for me. On an efficient motor I should see around 25hp per pound of boost. So with the extra 10lbs. I should see around 250hp on top of the 655rwhp that it's making now which would put me close to my goal. On the other hand.....I'm not trying to build a dyno queen, just a fun street car.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:19 PM
VETZ1LA
Advanced

im told 8ish#'s to a stock LS7 block is about as much as people are pushing safely. talked to another guy few nights ago that hes running 15#'s via twin turbos on stock block and sleeves making around 900rwhp....

my motor is fairly built (stock rods, stock crank, stoclk block. basically everything else is good after market stuff) and im confused as to how far i could push it.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:34 PM
propain
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by VETZ1LA
im told 8ish#'s to a stock LS7 block is about as much as people are pushing safely. talked to another guy few nights ago that hes running 15#'s via twin turbos on stock block and sleeves making around 900rwhp....

my motor is fairly built (stock rods, stock crank, stoclk block. basically everything else is good after market stuff) and im confused as to how far i could push it.
I hear 4psi is good. Also don't get headers as you will lose some boost. This is what I was told would be safe to run due to thin walled block. I would do the head work and supercharger. Maybe some high flow cats on stock manifolds. Good for 600+rwhp. Gonna cost ya though.

I thought about going with the SC and decided NA was better for me. Head work. Cam. Headers. CAI. Tune. Good for about 575whp with a slightly aggressive cam but still a nice ride.
Old 06-08-2013, 01:02 AM
SHovV
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

You'll be ok at 5psi. The tune will play a large part of how reliable and safe the motor will be. Headers would be a good idea, you're not going to lose boost, that's just silly. You'll be forcing more air into the engine that it can take in on its own, you'll want a better flowing, scavenging exhaust to help get that extra air out.
The following users liked this post:
Z51Zo (09-04-2022)
Old 06-08-2013, 11:57 AM
propain
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by SHovV
You'll be ok at 5psi. The tune will play a large part of how reliable and safe the motor will be. Headers would be a good idea, you're not going to lose boost, that's just silly. You'll be forcing more air into the engine that it can take in on its own, you'll want a better flowing, scavenging exhaust to help get that extra air out.

Silly huh? I guess you don't have experience with this. When putting on bettering flowing manifolds you reduce the resistance aka backpressure you will lose boost. Basic stuff here.

So in putting on better flowing manifolds you will increase the HP but you will lose some boost. When running such a small amount of boost (4-5psi) the gains from the headers vs the loss of boost is not worth it.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:23 PM
Wulverine
Le Mans Master

Received 70 Likes on 49 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Which will reduce boost silly rabbit.
Old 06-08-2013, 01:34 PM
SHovV
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't see how better flowing exhaust will significantly reduce intake boost pressure. I understand how it scavenges the cylinder, and can even help pull in fresh air from the intake track, especially a boosted intake track. But scavenge enough to reduce boost pressure from a supercharger? I just don't see it making a significant impact that way. I could be wrong though, I'm no expert.

I've never seen, or read of a negative impact of running headers / full exhaust with a supercharged setup.

Good luck OP with whatever route you choose.
Old 06-08-2013, 02:31 PM
propain
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '14

I don't see how better flowing exhaust will significantly reduce intake boost pressure. I understand how it scavenges the cylinder, and can even help pull in fresh air from the intake track, especially a boosted intake track. But scavenge enough to reduce boost pressure from a supercharger? I just don't see it making a significant impact that way. I could be wrong though, I'm no expert.

I've never seen, or read of a negative impact of running headers / full exhaust with a supercharged setup.

Good luck OP with whatever route you choose.
Boost is pressure. The more free the exhaust flows the less back pressure resulting in less boost. Not a terrible thing as you are making more power with less pressure. Good for the engine. However you will lose some low end torque.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:01 PM
atljar
Melting Slicks

Received 381 Likes on 277 Posts

Boost is a measure of restriction, not a measure of power potential. Take two blowers, same pulley and same RPM they are going to move about the same amount of air. Put those on two similar cars with slightly different mods and Ill take the car with less PSI showing on the gauge to win the race everytime
Old 06-08-2013, 11:17 PM
White_Lightning
Melting Slicks

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

why do people look so much at the pounds of boost? all that is is a measure of restriction..
D1 with a 4" pully feeding into a restrictive system might show 20#.. the same system win a much freer flowing cold side might show 12#.. either way the blower can only move so much air.. and a D1 is WAY WAY to small for a 427.. if it's a high compression motor you could put up a higher number.. but it would run out of steam so fast that you would peak and instantly tank.

Get notified of new replies

To who here are running procharger on c6 z06?

Quick Reply: [Z06] who here are running procharger on c6 z06?