Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] ZR1 calipers and stock rotors

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 02:09 PM
erick_e
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 93 Likes on 71 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16

Default ZR1 calipers and stock rotors

I want to upgrade to the ZR1 calipers and carbon rotors, but can't afford to do it all at once. Since I still have plenty of rotor and pad left on my stock setup, is it possible to install the ZR1 calipers with the stock rotors and pads until they need to be replaced? Then install the carbon rotors. Or do I need to the 19.7" rotors? I could buy iron rotors as a interim solution, but if my stock ones will work I would rather use them for now.

EDIT: I already have 19/20 wheels.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:14 PM
Katech_Zach
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 966 Likes on 528 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019

Originally Posted by erick_e
I want to upgrade to the ZR1 calipers and carbon rotors, but can't afford to do it all at once. Since I still have plenty of rotor and pad left on my stock setup, is it possible to install the ZR1 calipers with the stock rotors and pads until they need to be replaced? Then install the carbon rotors. Or do I need to the 19.7" rotors? I could buy iron rotors as a interim solution, but if my stock ones will work I would rather use them for now.

EDIT: I already have 19/20 wheels.
No, it's not possible. The annulus is too wide on the ZR1 pads plus the rotors are 15.5" so their location vs, the 14" Z06 rotor would be off.

(e) zach@katechengines.com
Old 08-19-2015, 08:03 PM
savage
Burning Brakes

Received 262 Likes on 89 Posts

T3, not the XS

Get notified of new replies

To ZR1 calipers and stock rotors

Quick Reply: [Z06] ZR1 calipers and stock rotors