Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] My Dyno Result from 21st Century Muscle Cars

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 07:38 PM
Beach Bum
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Default My Dyno Result from 21st Century Muscle Cars

Considering it seems most share their results both good and bad here, thought I would do the same. So here is my dyno graph.

Modifications are:

- K&N CAI thingy
- WCCH stage 2 heads
- Torquer 110 cam

That’s it….. the intake, throttle body and exhaust system are un-touched as from the factory.

My goal on this round of modifications was to build a car that looked stock, smelled stock, sounded stock and drives like stock….. but didn’t feel stock when the go pedal was pushed.

I have told myself I am definitely not putting Headers on this car….. therefore, I’ll report the new results with Headers next month. ( I said the same thing about a head/cam package when I bought the car)

My comments on the car…. Seems to have good solid acceleration, but I haven’t really given it a thorough testing yet due to traffic. Maybe tonight I’ll flog it a little bit.

The Idle at a stoplight can be rough… the whole car will shake sometimes. Not sure how normal that is… might need a hair more light tuning or maybe just the idle bumped up a little bit. It looks like its right around 850 rpm give or take a little right now. Minor problem though… will have that fixed up in no time.

Also, the car on the way home in stop n go traffic creeped up to 230 degrees. Its never done that before, I think the highest with stock was maybe 215 or 220 at the most. It was hot today as always, but not any hotter than any other typical August day in Dallas. I am thinking perhaps I just need to pack in a little more coolant, but not sure on an LS7. That is what I would do with my C4. I’ll figure this out too…. But a good sign, on the freeway, it was down around 190-200like it should be. I'll also add, on the freeway cruising in 6th gear at 70 mph and approximately 1500 rpm was the same as stock. It was perfect. I do a lot of this type of driving running around to clients in the SW, so it was important to me.

I'll also add, on the dyno graph itself... the overall torque curve shape is about what I thought it would be. But, the power is up 10 or 15 higher than I thought considering the stock exhaust. Quite frankly, I would have been happy with anything North of 500 considering the stock exhaust. However, torque is down 10 or 15 from what I thought it would be. So its a wash I guess..... I'm like Seinfeld, lose a 20.... find a 20.

21st Century Muscle Cars here in the DFW area did all the work and they were casual and easy to work with. I do recommend them. Talk to John or Matt.

Last edited by Beach Bum; 08-21-2013 at 07:55 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:08 PM
lilredvette05
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice work, congrats on getting rid of the worries. Gonna be hard to sound stock with a torquer 110
Old 08-21-2013, 08:23 PM
Lawdogg
Safety Car

Received 210 Likes on 91 Posts

110 cam is gonna shake. Headers and high flow cats will increase torque nicely.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:23 PM
'06 Quicksilver Z06
Team Owner

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Beach Bum
Considering it seems most share their results both good and bad here, thought I would do the same. So here is my dyno graph.

Modifications are:

- K&N CAI thingy
- WCCH stage 2 heads
- Torquer 110 cam

That’s it….. the intake, throttle body and exhaust system are un-touched as from the factory.

My goal on this round of modifications was to build a car that looked stock, smelled stock, sounded stock and drives like stock….. but didn’t feel stock when the go pedal was pushed.

I have told myself I am definitely not putting Headers on this car….. therefore, I’ll report the new results with Headers next month. ( I said the same thing about a head/cam package when I bought the car)

My comments on the car…. Seems to have good solid acceleration, but I haven’t really given it a thorough testing yet due to traffic. Maybe tonight I’ll flog it a little bit.

The Idle at a stoplight can be rough… the whole car will shake sometimes. Not sure how normal that is… might need a hair more light tuning or maybe just the idle bumped up a little bit. It looks like its right around 850 rpm give or take a little right now. Minor problem though… will have that fixed up in no time.

Also, the car on the way home in stop n go traffic creeped up to 230 degrees. Its never done that before, I think the highest with stock was maybe 215 or 220 at the most. It was hot today as always, but not any hotter than any other typical August day in Dallas. I am thinking perhaps I just need to pack in a little more coolant, but not sure on an LS7. That is what I would do with my C4. I’ll figure this out too…. But a good sign, on the freeway, it was down around 190-200like it should be. I'll also add, on the freeway cruising in 6th gear at 70 mph and approximately 1500 rpm was the same as stock. It was perfect. I do a lot of this type of driving running around to clients in the SW, so it was important to me.

I'll also add, on the dyno graph itself... the overall torque curve shape is about what I thought it would be. But, the power is up 10 or 15 higher than I thought considering the stock exhaust. Quite frankly, I would have been happy with anything North of 500 considering the stock exhaust. However, torque is down 10 or 15 from what I thought it would be. So its a wash I guess..... I'm like Seinfeld, lose a 20.... find a 20.

21st Century Muscle Cars here in the DFW area did all the work and they were casual and easy to work with. I do recommend them. Talk to John or Matt.

Congrats on the build and results.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:52 PM
OJCrush08
Burning Brakes

Nice numbers! Yer gonna have a little "shake and bake" with the 110 Torquer. I have one also, along with WCCH lightly milled Brodix heads, ported FAST, ATI 10% underdrive dampener etc. I would recommend considering a radiator upgrade. You are making more power, hence more heat energy. I had ECS put in a DeWitts unit. I am also running stock exhaust manifolds and cats, but with a Ti Akro full length catback. My numbers after tuning on the ECS DynaPak were 547 rwhp and 535 rw torque...

Have fun and keep the rubber side down!!
Old 08-21-2013, 08:54 PM
Achilles97
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Congrats on the build
Old 08-21-2013, 09:37 PM
Mark2009
Safety Car

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

[...] I have told myself I am definitely not putting Headers on this car….. therefore, I’ll report the new results with Headers next month. [...]

on the build.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:31 PM
BAD_TCR
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats. Got the same thing done a couple of weeks ago. Mine came out at 522 rwhp - same mods. The shake and lope will calm down a little after a few days of driving. I noticed a good change as the computers adjusted to everything over a few days. My idle is also set at 850 - and i was also concerned the first days. Now, it seems to be much more organized and predictable.

Fun to drive even in this Dallas weather. Makes the days i take it to work so much better. Figure I'll break down like you around next year and get some headers to complete the job. Maybe see you around the area...
Old 08-21-2013, 10:56 PM
VictoryRedZ06
Pro

Congrats on the build and good numbers. What are your cam specs? I went with a 227/239 and it used to surge a lot more below 1500 rpm but now after a couple months its less noticeable. It shakes the car slightly but not nothing you can really feel you almost cant feel it to be honest
Old 08-21-2013, 11:01 PM
pkincy
Safety Car

Received 645 Likes on 485 Posts

That is a narrow LSA and a lot of overlap for a smooth idle. It is not an accident that the general normally uses 116-117 LSA on their performance cars and has used 120 LSA on the Z06.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:11 PM
SSMOKE
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts

NICE! Congrats!
Old 08-21-2013, 11:15 PM
CTD
Melting Slicks

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

I have told myself I am definitely not putting Headers on this car….. therefore, I’ll report the new results with Headers next month.
You funny guy!
Old 08-21-2013, 11:29 PM
Beach Bum
Safety Car

Originally Posted by CTD
You funny guy!
Somewhere around 20 years ago when I bought my C4, I promised myself I wasn't going to touch it, just leave it stock and enjoy it. Then took it in for some engine maintenance once and thought it'd be prudent to do do a couple of tasteful modifications, that wouldn't hurt anything I told myself..... 3 engines and approximately 1500 passes down the track later I'm still going with it.

I went out of my way to find a low mileage pristine 100% stock Z06 for this purchase a year ago.... found one, bought it and promised myself I wouldn't touch it........ sigh.

I can't help myself. Its a disease as near as I can tell. We should have therapy sessions or something here. I am proud of myself though.... lasted a full year before cutting into the engine. That's progress.

Last edited by Beach Bum; 08-21-2013 at 11:36 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:30 PM
Beach Bum
Safety Car

Thanks for the tips all !! That's a good point on letting the ECM figure it out a bit. I'll do just that.

On the coolant, the overflow canister was pretty barren. Threw some coolant in it and will see if that helps.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:08 PM
CTD
Melting Slicks

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

Somewhere around 20 years ago when I bought my C4, I promised myself I wasn't going to touch it, just leave it stock and enjoy it. Then took it in for some engine maintenance once and thought it'd be prudent to do do a couple of tasteful modifications, that wouldn't hurt anything I told myself..... 3 engines and approximately 1500 passes down the track later I'm still going with it.

I went out of my way to find a low mileage pristine 100% stock Z06 for this purchase a year ago.... found one, bought it and promised myself I wouldn't touch it........ sigh.

I can't help myself. Its a disease as near as I can tell. We should have therapy sessions or something here. I am proud of myself though.... lasted a full year before cutting into the engine. That's progress.
I thought I was the only person that could purchase an extremely nice car, refuse to modify it because the manufacturer did such an awesome job! Turn it into something that causes you to purchase another one & begin the process all over!

Couple of engines, 3 or 4 sets of heads, same number of cams, couple of sets of headers, some different intake manifolds & TB's never mind the oh so powerful CIA's. Might as well try out some clutches, gears, coli overs, rims & tires to boot

Living the dream
Old 08-23-2013, 04:24 AM
383vett
Race Director

Received 1,541 Likes on 1,042 Posts

Way to go Beach.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:07 PM
Beach Bum
Safety Car

Originally Posted by CTD
I thought I was the only person that could purchase an extremely nice car, refuse to modify it because the manufacturer did such an awesome job! Turn it into something that causes you to purchase another one & begin the process all over!

Couple of engines, 3 or 4 sets of heads, same number of cams, couple of sets of headers, some different intake manifolds & TB's never mind the oh so powerful CIA's. Might as well try out some clutches, gears, coli overs, rims & tires to boot

Living the dream
I'm telling you, its a disease. Every vehicle I purchase I tell myself I'll leave it as stock and just enjoy it.... and then I don't. Something is wrong with me.

I will say, in my own defense, GM pushed me into this barrage of modifications a little bit. I wasn't truly enjoying my non-warranty Z like I should due to the possibility (however small that might have been) that the motor would grenade on me at any moment. It is just not fun for me with that in the back of my mind every time I put some extra pressure on the go-pedal.

Therefore, its not my fault.

Get notified of new replies

To My Dyno Result from 21st Century Muscle Cars

Old 08-25-2013, 09:08 PM
Beach Bum
Safety Car

Originally Posted by 383vett
Way to go Beach.
Thanks Willi
Old 09-01-2013, 04:49 PM
BOWTYE8
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

ha Beach.. I just sent you sent a email for results and here they are. I added only a proted TB and intake. Netted 484 and 450tq. I would think with exhaust you will be in the range of 570/480tq.

You mentioned you ordered tires. Did they arrive yet? Race that puppy now!!! haha.

Dennis
Old 09-01-2013, 05:27 PM
TWS Racing
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm telling you, its a disease. Every vehicle I purchase I tell myself I'll leave it as stock and just enjoy it.... and then I don't. Something is wrong with me.
Nothing is wrong with you. Perfectly normal behavior over here in my garage.

Quick Reply: [Z06] My Dyno Result from 21st Century Muscle Cars