Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Couple Questions About Doing the Heads/Valves/Cam

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 12:50 PM
Aeons
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple Questions About Doing the Heads/Valves/Cam

Hey guys. I just bought a used stock 2008 Z06 with 12k miles on it. I do not know if the valves have been fixed. A Corvette shop by me said they can try and see if it has the stock heads/valves for around $150.

If everything is all stock. I want to put in SS valves and bronze sleeve guides. Can someone link me to where I can buy this kit from?

I also want to put in a cam while I am in there (might as well) but when doing this, would I be better off just doing actual heads? (To gain more power instead of just fixing the valves)

Looking to be cost effective here. What do you guys think the prices would be on just the SS valves and bronze sleeve guides, SS valves and sleeve guides with a cam, and a full blown heads and cam package. (everything installed with a tune obviously.)

Any help in appreciated, thank you. I am located in Long Island, New York by the way. Feel free to let me know about some reputable shops in the area.
Old 08-22-2013, 02:02 PM
lilredvette05
Racer

Not sure about price in NY, but if your gonna install a cam I would prob just send my heads off to WCCH for a stage 2 program or someone similar. Your probably looking at 3500-5500 depending on which shop to cover that
Old 08-22-2013, 02:14 PM
Aeons
Instructor

Originally Posted by lilredvette05
Not sure about price in NY, but if your gonna install a cam I would prob just send my heads off to WCCH for a stage 2 program or someone similar. Your probably looking at 3500-5500 depending on which shop to cover that
Just got off the phone with WCCH. The stage 2 heads seems to be a good deal if I was going to put a cam in anyway.
Old 08-22-2013, 02:19 PM
lilredvette05
Racer

Yeah that's what I had, I'm running different heads now since mine were milled .40. You can have them mill them if your gonna go for max hp. Slap a decent cam and you should be 515+rwhp depending on size of cam
Old 08-22-2013, 02:38 PM
Z06-HEC*
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Hey i know its a little off topic, but on Sunday there is a car show in jersey going on, early am.

I did the exact same thing your are speaking of... decided to do heads, said might as well do cam as well... etc...

Im heading out to this show on Sunday, i dont know anyone but will am going to check it out... If you want to show up i can talk to you about my experience and let you check out my car and the feel of the cam and all.... i plan on leaving my house at like 8:30, i live in Staten Island.

here is the info
THIS Sunday, August 25, 2013 from 8:30AM to 11:00AM at **** HILL COUNTRY LANES BOWLING CENTER, 363 Route 33 East, Manalapan, NJ. No Cost to Participate. Spectators welcome
Old 08-22-2013, 03:45 PM
Aeons
Instructor

Originally Posted by Z06-HEC*
Hey i know its a little off topic, but on Sunday there is a car show in jersey going on, early am.

I did the exact same thing your are speaking of... decided to do heads, said might as well do cam as well... etc...

Im heading out to this show on Sunday, i dont know anyone but will am going to check it out... If you want to show up i can talk to you about my experience and let you check out my car and the feel of the cam and all.... i plan on leaving my house at like 8:30, i live in Staten Island.

here is the info
THIS Sunday, August 25, 2013 from 8:30AM to 11:00AM at **** HILL COUNTRY LANES BOWLING CENTER, 363 Route 33 East, Manalapan, NJ. No Cost to Participate. Spectators welcome
That is extremely generous of you. This is why I love the Corvette community. I PMed you.

Get notified of new replies

To Couple Questions About Doing the Heads/Valves/Cam

Quick Reply: [Z06] Couple Questions About Doing the Heads/Valves/Cam