Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Pfadt Tri-y headers and magnaflow axleback???

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 09:23 AM
Nklas0531
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pfadt Tri-y headers and magnaflow axleback???

Hi
I'm buying a pair of pfadt tri-y headers for my c6z.
thing is I already have the complete catback magnaflow 16495 system installed on the car.
I'm going to use the pfadt x-pipe offcourse and just use the axleback from the magnaflow system.
anyone with experience in this combo?

what it looks like, this combo will not fit because the pfadt x-pipe is "muffled" at the end, and the axleback is also "muffled".
in other words the pipes seems to be the same size
and wouldn't fit into each other. can't describe it any better unfortunately.

I have emailed pfadt and they say it shouldn't be a problem
but they don't seem 100% sure

I just want to know if I should be prepared for some welding or not

thx.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:57 AM
Achilles97
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Maybe you can take a hacksaw and put a 2" longitudinal cut on both sides of one set of the pipes. Then maybe the pipe will spread enough to allow the other pipe to fit inside. A 3" wide band clamp should seal it.

Just an idea...
Old 08-26-2013, 10:02 AM
Achilles97
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I just looked at pics of the xpipe. I don't think my suggestion would work if the muffler pipes are taped down in the same manner. You'll have to get a female-female coupler to fit over both ends with two band clamps, or get some welding.

good luck!

Last edited by Achilles97; 08-26-2013 at 10:04 AM. Reason: said "male" when I should have said "female"
Old 08-26-2013, 10:34 AM
Nklas0531
Cruising

Originally Posted by Achilles97
I just looked at pics of the xpipe. I don't think my suggestion would work if the muffler pipes are taped down in the same manner. You'll have to get a female-female coupler to fit over both ends with two band clamps, or get some welding.

good luck!
I was thinking maybe get a piece of pipe to put inside both the x-pipe and axleback an clamp together

txh for your reply
Old 08-26-2013, 01:05 PM
Nklas0531
Cruising

any other ideas or anyone with experience?
Old 08-26-2013, 02:48 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Do they offer a mid-pipe that will work? Never really seen a heder/mid-pipe combo from a major manufacturer not mate up to stock or aftermarket axle back systems.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:00 PM
Nklas0531
Cruising

If you look at any other axle back systems on the market except magnaflow then you'll see that magnaflow is the only system with "muffled" pipe. that maybe doesn't mean that it wont fit the pfadt mid-pipe but it sure doesn't look like it.

the reason I bought this system and don't bother looking after a mid-pipe that works is the price. got a really good offer on this one.

thanks for your replies guys. I will have the workshop look at this while they install the headers and let them deside what to do
Old 08-26-2013, 07:45 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Originally Posted by Nklas0531
If you look at any other axle back systems on the market except magnaflow then you'll see that magnaflow is the only system with "muffled" pipe. that maybe doesn't mean that it wont fit the pfadt mid-pipe but it sure doesn't look like it.

the reason I bought this system and don't bother looking after a mid-pipe that works is the price. got a really good offer on this one.

thanks for your replies guys. I will have the workshop look at this while they install the headers and let them deside what to do
I'm sure a good muffler shop can easily do whatever is needed to mate the systems.

Get notified of new replies

To Pfadt Tri-y headers and magnaflow axleback???

Quick Reply: [Z06] Pfadt Tri-y headers and magnaflow axleback???