Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Gmpp annual price increase

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 12:43 PM
0CeYaBye
Former Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Gmpp annual price increase

t is that time of the year, remember that every October 1st GMPP raises their prices so if you are wanting a GMPP buy it now-at least by September 30th. My email is dfichtner@fichtnerchevrolet.com and include your VIN, Exact current miles and state of residence. Remember you can no longer purchase a GMPP from anyone if you live in Alaska, California, Florida, Idaho, Kentucky, Maryland, Oregon, and Washington unless you purchase it in your state. I have been hearing from many customers especially in California and they are getting quoted as much as double and some three times retail so they are not very happy and needless to say they are not buying. GMPP sales are down drastically in both Florida and California.

I again wish to thank my many thousands of customers in California and Florida who have bought plans from me over the years and are now calling for extensions on their plans and I cannot help them and they are very upset about this, many who have contacted both GMPP and the insurance commissioners office in their state and have been told OH WELL buy locally.

Well enough rambling on, again get your GMPP bought in September to save MONEY.
Old 08-27-2013, 12:57 PM
wolf8218
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can show receipts of work performed (including parts) on my 2008 Z06 in excess of 8 grand in the first 5 months of ownership of the vehicle under a Vehicle One policy I got from Dennis. I know this isn't GMPP, but I wanted to express how much money a warranty has saved me. 300% return of investment, and this is still with 3.5 years left of coverage. Just know what to look for and know what your warranty covers.
Old 08-27-2013, 03:38 PM
chrisfromalbany
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you only get into this if you are buying a cert. pre owned car from a dealer?
Old 08-27-2013, 11:59 PM
AzDave47
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,509 Likes on 2,598 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisfromalbany
Can you only get into this if you are buying a cert. pre owned car from a dealer?
No, but you need to be in the 3yr/36K mile B to B warranty to get the GMPP. Some dealers have sold the GMPP to customers after the 3/6 expired, though.

Get notified of new replies

To Gmpp annual price increase

Quick Reply: [Z06] Gmpp annual price increase