Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] 08 Z06 to 2010 ZR1 parts interchange question - stoptech brakes, RPM trans

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 04:54 PM
theseal
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

Default 08 Z06 to 2010 ZR1 parts interchange question - stoptech brakes, RPM trans

I have run a couple of searches with no luck... I may buy a ZR1 but don't think it is probably a good choice to track the car with the CF brakes.

I have a great set of stoptechs for an 08 z06 from LGM and some great sets of CCW 18/12 f 18x13 rear CCW wheels.

1. Will the CCW 18's fit over the stock CF brakes?

2. Will the Stoptechs for the z06 bolt on without troubles (electronically or otherwise) with the ZR1?

Also, is there any difference other than gearing between the ZR1 trans and diff and the 08 z06 T6060 and diff?

I have a great RPM Z06 trans with good gearing that could swap into a ZR1 and be fantastic, if there are no swap problems.

Let me know and thanks.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:04 PM
skxf430
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

CCW's should fit over the stock CF brakes.

Forum member, Mikymu just did a CF brake conversion to steel rotors. It was a fairly inexpensive and easy swap. Do a search and check it out. Sell the Stoptechs and just buy some steel rotors.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:35 PM
Werks
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

In regards to the brakes the Stoptech kit (calipers & disks) should be a direct bolt on replacing your CCB's which you can then sell if you like. The stock carbon ceramic brakes actually work really good for track use. My season is just about up (1 more track day) and after tracking a car with them for a complete season I have figured out that the number one cost factor associated with them is not the rotors but rather the pads! Part of the issue is imho lack of pad selection (so we are running more street oriented pads that wear faster) and the thinner 15mm OEM pad thickness. StopTech uses I believe 20mm and some of the more true race calipers will use 25mm or 30mm pads! So that alone would cut down on costs significantly. In any case though that imho is the biggest things going against the CCB's (if you track a lot) and is why I'm currently also toying with the idea of switching over to something like a Brembo GTR set or something comparable from AP Racing / Performance Friction.

In regards to your CCW's there should be no issue clearing the CCB's with them.

Lastly in regards to the transmissions the 2010 ZR1 comes with the so called close ration transmission gearing which is different ratios than the Z06. For track use the gearing in the ZR1 tranny is actually going to be preferred as it has a taller 1st through 3rd and I would suggest that you keep that.
Old 12-06-2013, 12:10 AM
theseal
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

Great posts. Thank you very much. If you dont mind my asking, how long are your pads lasting and how much do they cost?
Old 12-06-2013, 02:29 PM
Werks
Drifting

I primarily track my car and I get about 5 track days out of a set of OEM front pads. Rears normally last about 50% longer so a good ratio to budget for it 1x set rear pads used for every 2x sets front's used. OEM pads street in the high $400 for the fronts and high $300 for the rears.
Old 12-06-2013, 02:50 PM
skxf430
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ron,

Only 5 days out of the fronts???!!!

You may want to try the Endless ME20's pads but they are more expensive around $900 for a set. But, they will last you quite a bit longer. I was able to get at least 12 days out of my last set and probably could have gotten another few days out of them but I am holding on to them as emergency back ups. One of the local Porsche racing shops routinely runs ME20's on their clients PCCB's with no ill effect on the rotors.

It is certainly worth a try.
Old 12-06-2013, 04:28 PM
Werks
Drifting

Originally Posted by skxf430
Ron,

Only 5 days out of the fronts???!!!

You may want to try the Endless ME20's pads but they are more expensive around $900 for a set. But, they will last you quite a bit longer. I was able to get at least 12 days out of my last set and probably could have gotten another few days out of them but I am holding on to them as emergency back ups. One of the local Porsche racing shops routinely runs ME20's on their clients PCCB's with no ill effect on the rotors.

It is certainly worth a try.
Just ordered a set on Monday lol Part of the problem contributing to quickly wearing out the front pads is that our calipers only use 15mm thick pads. This is the reason that I went though 5x sets of front pads this season, talk about $$$$! I think your StopTechs are something like 20mm and most of the other true "race calipers" use 25 to 30mm thick pads (so roughly 1" thick!). So I'm going to give the ME20's a shot and see what type of life I get out of them. If it's similar I think that I might start looking into a switch to a full race type brake system.

Get notified of new replies

To 08 Z06 to 2010 ZR1 parts interchange question - stoptech brakes, RPM trans

Quick Reply: [Z06] 08 Z06 to 2010 ZR1 parts interchange question - stoptech brakes, RPM trans