Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] What do you think about re-sale value: same stock Z06 with smog cam setup vs.A&A SC

Old 01-21-2014, 07:01 PM
Adam_W
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default What do you think about re-sale value: same stock Z06 with smog cam setup vs.A&A SC

Someone who should know told me that - for a given C6 Z06 - for money spent on a smog cam NA setup (i'm in california) vs. spent on having Andy at A&A install a SC with low boost - the SC install would likely sell easier / more money recouped. They explained that cams are very "personal," i.e. people have individual preferences of how aggressive it be, how much X,Y,Z parameters on the cam, whereas the SC kit would be considered a more "standard" mod with less "personalized" variables.

[of course, heads would be reworked on the car either way]

Thoughts?

I was surprised by this, as I had thought the opposite: that given the LS7 doesn't take well to boost, that most people would consider a SC'd LS7 that someone they don't know had driven for X miles to be more of gamble then a mild cam/intake Z06.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:17 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Blower because it would be very easy to remove and return to stock.
Old 01-22-2014, 01:07 AM
sublime1996525
Team Owner

Received 200 Likes on 77 Posts

Both are going to have their prospective buyers but the blower, like Nick said, will be easier to return to stock.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:02 AM
mittens
Melting Slicks

Received 362 Likes on 203 Posts

all depends on the buyer.

Some will want its stock, some will want it cammed, some will want the blower.

different buyers for different cars. To me a FI car has the most damage done.. but its also a 2-3k item already purchased.

Get notified of new replies

To What do you think about re-sale value: same stock Z06 with smog cam setup vs.A&A SC

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] What do you think about re-sale value: same stock Z06 with smog cam setup vs.A&A SC