Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Parking your Z

Old 02-15-2014, 12:34 PM
AZDANZ06
Drifting

Received 145 Likes on 78 Posts
Default Parking your Z

I being a new Z06 Owner have turned into a dick when parking the car, I park so far away from everyone and take up two spots so I can keep this car pretty forever. I even select Hotels we stay in on road trips based upon parking and security on the grounds, this Z has turned me into a different person
Old 02-15-2014, 12:46 PM
LT1Pat
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A sure way to get your car damaged is to take two spots
Old 02-15-2014, 01:16 PM
Maligator
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts

double parking is just asking for it. The car draws attention as is, then some dbag sees your double parked and keys the hell out of it. I try to park away from everyone, but not so far that it draws even more attention to it. I try to park next to islands so only one side is exposed. Many evil people out there who care nothing of others and your Z..............
Old 02-15-2014, 01:31 PM
carpe dm
Le Mans Master

Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

I (we) always look for the best spot, usually an end, when parking. I would NOT take up two spots, though; too many jerks out there who might be ready with a key, etc.
Old 02-15-2014, 01:59 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

I'll do the two space thing as well...but I'm way out in left field. Not another car within a hundred feet of mine usually. If I go somewhere that doesnt have that kind of space, then I'm just selective about where I park as others have stated.
Old 02-15-2014, 02:38 PM
AZDANZ06
Drifting

Originally Posted by MTPZ06
I'll do the two space thing as well...but I'm way out in left field. Not another car within a hundred feet of mine usually. If I go somewhere that doesnt have that kind of space, then I'm just selective about where I park as others have stated.
That's what we do as well, way far out where no other cars think about parking, I dont mind a longer walk into where we are going to keep the car safe. I would never take up two spaces up close to someplace, that is asking for the car to get keyed.
Old 02-15-2014, 02:53 PM
God-speed
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LT1Pat

You never want to take up 2 parking spots. You are just asking for trouble.
Old 02-15-2014, 02:56 PM
Bob86gn
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I had to stop at Best Buy before the holidays and had my ZR1 with me. Parked very far away in a single spot, literally 30 spaces away from the next closest car. I came out and there was a Hyundai Elentra parked so close to my passenger's side it was impossible for them to get out without hitting the car, I could not find any damage but it pissed me off.
Old 02-15-2014, 03:19 PM
Rupert pupkin
Drifting

Originally Posted by LT1Pat
Yup. Thats a super D*CK move right there. I just park further away from an already far spot.
Old 02-15-2014, 03:35 PM
Adam_W
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I park away from the crowd of cars, and I park at the *second spot from the end*, right on the line, such that the remaining space on the end is real tight, too tight for some big cars to get into.

Technically, I'm only taking one space, but I try to make that end space very undesirable.

If someone with a smaller car wanted to be a d*ck and squeeze in there, then they could, but haven't had that happen yet.
Old 02-15-2014, 03:55 PM
kenw
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 119 Likes on 78 Posts

I agree with many of the posters that you never want to take to spots.

I always park against a curb at the end of a row and as close to the curb as possible. Also if it is a sloping lot I try to park uphill at the end of a row.
Old 02-15-2014, 04:06 PM
TXGS507
Race Director

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,135 Posts

A D*** in a C6Z....? Say it isn't so...
Old 02-15-2014, 04:12 PM
dale fehrenbach
Pro

Received 259 Likes on 145 Posts

Default parking

there are some places I just won't go with my Z, because of the idiots that part there.
I never take two places but I am very careful where I park.
Old 02-15-2014, 04:36 PM
Chevyfanaddict
Racer

Im pretty much on board with the majority here. I dont think taking two spots is such a bad thing if you are paked way out on your own cause it says "hey look I know this is taboo but im being as respectful as possible." However even when i park way far out i park far enough out to feel like its safe enough to use a single space and not have to worry about it.
Old 02-15-2014, 04:56 PM
Bushum
Advanced

It sounds like your car has changed you for the worse. You should sell it. Double parking is inexcusable in every single situation you can come up with. It's just a car.
Old 02-15-2014, 04:59 PM
ROUTE 66
Burning Brakes

Received 79 Likes on 51 Posts

Default Take two.

I sometimes take up two spots. I make sure it is as far away from everyone as I can get. Most of the time it is a long walk but it 's worth it to not have door dings. How ever I once had a problem with a p-----head. He parked his junker at a 45 degree angle of my car with the right corner of his front bumper against the drivers side of my Jag. I had to crawl in from the passengers side to move my car. I had parked at least 200 feet farther out from the nearest cars. When I returned to my car 4 hours later I was still 200 feet away from every one except for the one who wanted to make a point. I got his message. I think he got mine. His car left bye wrecker. It had to! I went back the next day to take a picture but it was gone.
Attached Images  
Old 02-15-2014, 05:12 PM
AZDANZ06
Drifting

Originally Posted by Bushum
It sounds like your car has changed you for the worse. You should sell it. Double parking is inexcusable in every single situation you can come up with. It's just a car.
Not really for the worse, I am that way with my other cars in that I park far away to avoid door dings. Bought a brand new Tundra back in August, parked far out (not two spaces) some a-hole door dinged my brand new truck, pissed me off to no end as I like to keep my things nice. I want to keep this Z pristine in every way shape and form, so like I said I park as far away as possible.

Get notified of new replies

To Parking your Z

Old 02-15-2014, 05:13 PM
rockinSeat
Burning Brakes

Received 96 Likes on 71 Posts

it is totally normal to be paranoid about where you park your Z. Just like my dog who makes six circles in place before he sits down, I do the same thing when I park. Agreed on not taking two spots, just get one on the end. And don't think its the end of the world if something happens, my acura TLS got backed into last week. Oh well
Old 02-15-2014, 05:13 PM
gaklid
Racer

Originally Posted by 0H1Z06
A D*** in a C6Z....? Say it isn't so...
Old 02-15-2014, 05:14 PM
AZDANZ06
Drifting

Originally Posted by Chevyfanaddict
Im pretty much on board with the majority here. I dont think taking two spots is such a bad thing if you are paked way out on your own cause it says "hey look I know this is taboo but im being as respectful as possible." However even when i park way far out i park far enough out to feel like its safe enough to use a single space and not have to worry about it.
Spot on.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] Parking your Z