Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Clutch Question, Mantic 9000 to McLeod

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 08:59 PM
Mangum
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Question, Mantic 9000 to McLeod

Currently running the Mantic 9000 with Mantic Slave, already ordered McLeod's best clutch(Think its the RXT Twin) but they recommend running factory GM slave. My question is will the Mantic Slave Cylinder work with the McLeod clutch, don't really want to down grade the slave cylinder if I don't have to.

Thanks!
Old 04-17-2014, 09:31 PM
EnginerdVT
Drifting

Received 88 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Mangum
Currently running the Mantic 9000 with Mantic Slave, already ordered McLeod's best clutch(Think its the RXT Twin) but they recommend running factory GM slave. My question is will the Mantic Slave Cylinder work with the McLeod clutch, don't really want to down grade the slave cylinder if I don't have to.

Thanks!
Any reason you're switching to the McLeod over the Mantic? Just time for a new clutch or did you have issues?
Old 04-17-2014, 09:42 PM
Mangum
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EnginerdVT
Any reason you're switching to the McLeod over the Mantic? Just time for a new clutch or did you have issues?

Yea sorry I didn't put reason. Its slipping pretty bad and its not to old.. I am launching it pretty hard though. But it has never felt just right with the Mantic, like pushing the car when putting it in gear and pushing the car when starting it. Just never felt like it was engaging all the way.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:03 AM
winker2112
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Mangum
Yea sorry I didn't put reason. Its slipping pretty bad and its not to old.. I am launching it pretty hard though. But it has never felt just right with the Mantic, like pushing the car when putting it in gear and pushing the car when starting it. Just never felt like it was engaging all the way.
I believe the slave included with the mantic is just an oem slave. But if you're having problems with engagement, I'd replace it anyways. Sounds like a hydraulic problem you're having and not clutch related. Unless there was an install error. Either way for the time it takes to drop the trans and TT, I would always say replace any moving parts while you're in there.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:33 AM
Undy
Safety Car

Received 1,091 Likes on 575 Posts

Yes, stock slave works well with the RXT.

FYI, some experience a bit of idle rattle and take-off shudder with the RXT, including myself.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:44 AM
Brandon619
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 242 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by winker2112
Either way for the time it takes to drop the trans and TT, I would always say replace any moving parts while you're in there.
This is great advise
Old 04-18-2014, 09:44 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

I've also seen a lot of RXTs eat slave cylinders so make sure you measure stack height/etc.

Get notified of new replies

To Clutch Question, Mantic 9000 to McLeod

Quick Reply: [Z06] Clutch Question, Mantic 9000 to McLeod