Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] MAST 305cc heads and custom valve cover issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 04:50 PM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default MAST 305cc heads and custom valve cover issues

Hey guys. I just got done installing my MAST 305cc heads and I was looking to install my valve covers back on....and they don't clear the alternator with these taller heads. So, the options are:

a) Clearance the valve covers
b) Clearance the alternator bracket
c) Sell these valve covers and buy a set of Katech covers with a coil relocation kit.

I am not sure who builds these or what they are worth, so perhaps you guys have an idea on which option makes the most sense or possibly you know who built these and what they would be worth resale? Here is a pic of the engine setup with the previous WCCH LS7 heads on it.

If I choose to sell these and buy a set of Katech or if anyone is interested in doing some form of trade, feel free to hit me up. I did not want to do a for sale thread since I'm not sure what I'm doing at this point so I wanted to get some advice/suggestions before making a decision. Obviously Vengeance branded them, but I don't believe they make them in house or anything and on their website they have a different setup pictured for sale.
Attached Images     

Last edited by lane_change; 04-27-2014 at 04:52 PM.
Old 04-27-2014, 05:10 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Good lucking covers. Where is the bolt holes on them?
Old 04-27-2014, 05:43 PM
ProEFI
Supremacy 1 car at a time
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

those are great people to deal with Vengeance Racing .. we used to add there parts on so many cars most of the exterminations racing team has built by vengeance racing the power would be great and hope you enjoy the ride .. if possible add some more pictures of the Z so we can check it up.

good luck with the new setup.

Best,
Mubarak.
Old 04-27-2014, 07:34 PM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Unreal
Good lucking covers. Where is the bolt holes on them?
They are two piece covers. The bolts that secure the lower part of the covers atop the heads are internal and also place the coil packs inside. The top cover has two smaller screws that attach them to the main part below and they are located on the far edges of the top cover. You can see one of the screws below the breather filter, the others are not visible in these pics. So they have a super clean look in my opinion, but I'm worried about having to "grind" them down for clearance on the alternator bracket. I'm sure I can do it cleanly, but I just hate having to.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:13 PM
Turbo2L
Drifting

Received 110 Likes on 92 Posts

I would clearance the alternator bracket way before I messed with those badass valve covers.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:35 PM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Turbo2L
I would clearance the alternator bracket way before I messed with those badass valve covers.
I thought the same thing, except I don't want to remove them, nor do I want to shave them in the car and get metal dust shavings everywhere. Plus I have to shave the top cover back a bit since it will interfere with the alternator bolt and mount and I can't shave that.

Get notified of new replies

To MAST 305cc heads and custom valve cover issues

Quick Reply: [Z06] MAST 305cc heads and custom valve cover issues