Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] short throw shifter

Old 05-03-2014, 07:23 PM
sting ya
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Default short throw shifter

So who sells the best short throw shifter ? I'm realizing how easy it is to miss 3rd when hitting it hard, and i think a good shifter would help. Anyone have some good options ? Thanks
Old 05-03-2014, 07:26 PM
Beach Bum
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by sting ya
So who sells the best short throw shifter ? I'm realizing how easy it is to miss 3rd when hitting it hard, and i think a good shifter would help. Anyone have some good options ? Thanks
MGW is pretty much universally accepted by many, if not most as the best short throw shifter.

As a note, I have one that I will be selling in the parts section within the coming week or two, including the base.... almost brand new, 500 miles on it. It is the newest MGW design as well.
Old 05-03-2014, 07:33 PM
sting ya
Pro

Originally Posted by Beach Bum
MGW is pretty much universally accepted by many, if not most as the best short throw shifter.

As a note, I have one that I will be selling in the parts section within the coming week or two, including the base.... almost brand new, 500 miles on it. It is the newest MGW design as well.
thanks Ill keep you in mind as i do a little research. Reason for selling ?
Old 05-03-2014, 07:38 PM
Beach Bum
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

thanks Ill keep you in mind as i do a little research. Reason for selling ?
My Z is being converted into my new bracket car... hence, the shifter is no longer necessary.

If you do some searching, you'll find somewhere around 99% of members are satisfied with the shifter that purchased it. I'll put mine up in the parts section by this time next week for somewhere around 30% off a brand new one.... it'll sell quick.
Old 05-03-2014, 10:12 PM
ralphsmithiii
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

It may be a different case but I have the newest MGW shifter (which I love, btw) and it hasn't helped me get into the 3rd gear gate any easier when I'm on it.

However, I have a "modified" stock clutch which really just includes the removal of the spring and the addition of a bump-stop to shorten the pedal distance which I believe may be affecting those higher reving 3rd-gear shifts.

Also, I believe if you "kung-fu" grip the shift **** and try and slam it into 3rd that also is a big factor when trying to get it into gear versus just using the palm and pushing towards the radio.
Old 05-03-2014, 10:15 PM
Kb04cobra
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mgw hands down IMO
Old 05-03-2014, 10:28 PM
sting ya
Pro

Originally Posted by ralphsmithiii
It may be a different case but I have the newest MGW shifter (which I love, btw) and it hasn't helped me get into the 3rd gear gate any easier when I'm on it.

However, I have a "modified" stock clutch which really just includes the removal of the spring and the addition of a bump-stop to shorten the pedal distance which I believe may be affecting those higher reving 3rd-gear shifts.

Also, I believe if you "kung-fu" grip the shift **** and try and slam it into 3rd that also is a big factor when trying to get it into gear versus just using the palm and pushing towards the radio.
Agree : i have an aftermarket clutch and car is modded (new car to me) i need to go a little more easy on the shifting, def. a learning curve. But also hoping a shifter would help a bit

Get notified of new replies

To short throw shifter

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] short throw shifter