Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] LS7 Spintron Testing Request and Donation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 04:06 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Received 227 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by propain
You can do whatever you like with the data you paid for. Not everyone agrees with you however so the data should be distributed to each person who paid individually to respect everyone. What they do with it after that is up to them.
And that goes for Katech as well.

If I or any consumer calls Jason next week and asks him which valve he recommends for their next Track Attack or head rebuild the results will be deduced quite readily.

Trying to hide this information is really ridiculous and quite amusing for some of us

You would be better off displaying the results and getting feedback on it from other members. And if the results turn out great you can stand up and beat your breast

DH
Old 10-22-2014, 05:21 PM
MrKris
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by vray
I donated so everyone could know the results. Why go private on the testing??

The title of this thread requested "donations." To me, a donation is a gift made for charitable purposes to benefit others. I thought I was donating to a good cause rather than participating in a group buy?!?!

Last edited by MrKris; 10-22-2014 at 05:34 PM.
Old 10-22-2014, 05:51 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Received 227 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by MrKris

The title of this thread requested "donations." To me, a donation is a gift made for charitable purposes to benefit others. I thought I was donating to a good cause rather than participating in a group buy?!?!
So that makes two DONATORS wanting to share the data, unafraid of open debate/critique.

Maybe we won't have to wait 24 hours after all

DH
Old 10-22-2014, 06:18 PM
forg0tmypen
Safety Car

Received 45 Likes on 10 Posts

Putting together an email chain as we speak! Honestly, the only thing making me want to keep the data private is so we could drum up donations for St. Judes. So, for those wanting to share with everyone, Id encourage you to think of the children?? But Im serious. Thoughts everyone? Ill give Jason a call tomorrow.
Old 10-22-2014, 06:20 PM
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by forg0tmypen
Putting together an email chain as we speak! Honestly, the only thing making me want to keep the data private is so we could drum up donations for St. Judes. So, for those wanting to share with everyone, Id encourage you to think of the children?? But Im serious. Thoughts everyone? Ill give Jason a call tomorrow.
Old 10-22-2014, 06:23 PM
propain
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

That would be amazing. I am all for anything to do with Donations to St. Judes.

Ill pm you my email. Thxs Forgotmypen.
Old 10-22-2014, 06:39 PM
forg0tmypen
Safety Car

Email list sent to everyone. I say we hold a vote. To share or not to share.
Old 10-22-2014, 06:41 PM
Random84
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

SSDD - but now with moar science!
Old 10-22-2014, 06:59 PM
Jasonoff
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm down for the not sharing with proceeds going to charity. But, it likely won't work unfortunately. Looks like there's already a member or two in the "donation" crew planning on releasing the info with cheap skate vultures already circling...
Old 10-22-2014, 07:07 PM
propain
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '14

Thanks again. As others have already voiced that it should be shared I think regardless of the vote it will go public. Good thought though on the St Judes.
Old 10-22-2014, 07:27 PM
erick_e
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 93 Likes on 71 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16

Email list sent to everyone.
I didn't get it.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:14 PM
pickleseimer
Drifting

Received 321 Likes on 212 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

This bickering is petty and small. How did this thread get so off topic? Worse than the politics section. C'mon guys, grow a pair. Mods should be intervening here. A thread that started out as a worthwhile, cooperative effort by a couple dozen members is going in the tank because a few of those can't take it someplace else. At the end of the day all we should be concerned about is the data. Let's finish this up and move on. ForgotMyPen, keep up the great work - I appreciate it.

Last edited by Vette_DD; 10-23-2014 at 01:01 PM.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:30 PM
davenp
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On Topic: I paid for the results to fund the study. I have two perspectives on this, not that anybody cares:

1. The internet is a varied and wonderful thing. Imagine this fiasco in the 80's. Nobody would know anything. Information sharing and connectivity are excellent in this day and time.
2. Because of 1 above, there are some incredibly expectant people trolling around wanting to be spoon fed free information.

If you guys didn't pay and are freeloading, why don't you tone down the expectations and just be gracious about the "gift" of social community interaction(1).

Last edited by Vette_DD; 10-23-2014 at 01:02 PM.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:48 PM
propain
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by pickleseimer
This bickering is petty and small. How did this thread get so off topic? Worse than the politics section. C'mon guys, grow a pair. Mods should be intervening here. A thread that started out as a worthwhile, cooperative effort by a couple dozen members is going in the tank because a few of those can't take it someplace else. At the end of the day all we should be concerned about is the data. Let's finish this up and move on. ForgotMyPen, keep up the great work - I appreciate it.

It will continue to be worth while and I will not be part of any downward spiral even with all the attempts.

Looking forward to the results and thanks Forgotmypen for all the efforts!

Last edited by propain; 10-22-2014 at 10:39 PM.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:32 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Originally Posted by davenp
If you guys didn't pay and are freeloading, why don't you tone down the expectations and just be gracious about the "gift" of social community interaction(1).
Old 10-23-2014, 09:45 AM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Enough.

Online Conflicts

For the most part, the CF community remains a friendly place where ideas, thoughts, and assistance can be found. Unfortunately, there are times when members forget that this is an Internet forum and issues between members can get out of hand. This includes members turning to the forum to air a personal offline/on-line problem which results in sides being drawn by participating members.

In these situations, it is the forum's role to expeditiously end any conflict for the good of the forum and its membership. The forum's goal is not only to remain family, work, and corporate server safe, it also will not serve as a battleground where offline/on-line personal matters and drama are permitted to be played out in front of other members.

Any thread(s) that contain open bickering, name calling, subtle derogatory messages, "digs," personal attacks, or anything negative in nature will be closed/edited or deleted, and any participating members who post in violation of this rule, will jeopardize their posting privileges.

If any member is being harassed on-line in a thread or privately via PM, they should avoid a confrontation with the offending member and immediately report the problem to a section Moderator via PM, or by clicking on the "report post," icon Click the image to open in full size. under their user name.

The Moderator will evaluate the issue and take appropriate action to rectify the situation.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...conflicts.html
Old 10-23-2014, 11:11 AM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

If you've got a post missing, it's because you forgot what the above post was all about.

Tone down the posts or this thread will get closed for good.

Get notified of new replies

To LS7 Spintron Testing Request and Donation Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 11:26 AM
forg0tmypen
Safety Car

Originally Posted by JimTN
If you've got a post missing, it's because you forgot what the above post was all about.

Tone down the posts or this thread will get closed for good.
Thanks for reopening. To everyone else, please just ignore the off topic comments. Eventually they'll stop on their own.
Old 10-24-2014, 08:02 AM
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Only slightly off topic...
I just got it today

Old 10-24-2014, 08:10 AM
forg0tmypen
Safety Car

Originally Posted by 383
Only slightly off topic...
I just got it today