Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] LS7 Spintron Testing Request and Donation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 04:01 PM
Bad_AX
Burning Brakes

Received 99 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by RamAir972003
Katech is great company hands down I understand what your saying but the fact is that there only conducting the tests if they get attacked by lets say another troll or forum member then the person attacking has an IQ of a snail.
See Post 775: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1584455571

It got pretty ugly before the thread was closed, and Katech did the testing and posted results for free. This time, it's a straight forward business transaction except that crowd funding was organized by forg0tmypen. Some of us wanted to see other components tested and were willing to pay for the service. As Mark2009 noted, forg0tmypen technically owns the data as he is the one who engaged Katech for the testing services. Whether or not the data remains private after being released to the participants remains to be seen, but there can be no claim of bias this time as the test is being done in accordance with the desires of the client.
Old 10-24-2014, 04:04 PM
RamAir972003
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Bad_AX
See Post 775: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1584455571

It got pretty ugly before the thread was closed, and Katech did the testing and posted results for free. This time, it's a straight forward business transaction except that crowd funding was organized by forg0tmypen. Some of us wanted to see other components tested and were willing to pay for the service. As Mark2009 noted, forg0tmypen technically owns the data as he is the one who engaged Katech for the testing services. Whether or not the data remains private after being released to the participants remains to be seen, but there can be no claim of bias this time as the test is being done in accordance with the desires of the client.
Thanks...
Old 10-24-2014, 04:04 PM
Undy
Safety Car

Received 1,095 Likes on 578 Posts

My feelings... Want some milk?? Chip in for the cow.
Old 10-24-2014, 04:49 PM
RamAir972003
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Undy
My feelings... Want some milk?? Chip in for the cow.
I prefer gasoline.. Lol no milk..Ha. GOD Bless

Last edited by RamAir972003; 10-24-2014 at 07:24 PM.
Old 10-24-2014, 06:38 PM
forg0tmypen
Safety Car

Received 45 Likes on 10 Posts

Ok been a long day haven't had a chance to get back on here. I am sending out a second email with everyone else who notified me they didn't get it included. When I get the data it will be sent out to everyone as soon as I can log onto a computer you all have my word on that. But I want to first get everyone on the same page with what to do with it. I personally would like to keep it secret...
Old 10-24-2014, 06:44 PM
Undy
Safety Car

Received 1,095 Likes on 578 Posts

Originally Posted by forg0tmypen
Ok been a long day haven't had a chance to get back on here. I am sending out a second email with everyone else who notified me they didn't get it included. When I get the data it will be sent out to everyone as soon as I can log onto a computer you all have my word on that. But I want to first get everyone on the same page with what to do with it. I personally would like to keep it secret...
Old 10-24-2014, 07:03 PM
forg0tmypen
Safety Car

Ok sent out a new email to everyone who notified me they did not get one.
Old 10-24-2014, 07:32 PM
vray
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I know its the truth...its real believe it like Valves in ls7
Sorry, I don't understand what you are trying to say. What truth? I'm of the opinion that the stock valves are just fine and the only thing that needs to be replaced are the guides. I do like to see what floats at high RPM in different configurations, so for me this group funding experiment is just to satisfy some of my curiosity. If forgotmypen wants to keep the results private, that's up to him, he owns the data.
Old 10-24-2014, 07:58 PM
RamAir972003
Melting Slicks

That's fine with it, he can do what ever he wants with it you are correct....the point in saying hundreds of members thousands want to get to the problem in sure even people that are Master mechanics injuneers and so on. All I'm saying is because and no I didn't read all 31 pages of this. I just want everyone to benefit from this, so example if someone asks about the current question that thread states what do you do pay the person that donated money for for the answer or the hypothesis. I'm not trying to step on anybody I just feel like your opinionated in every way that everyone should benefit.. Trolls and others can just take a hike....that's why I have been and going to pull my heads again and test them to see where they are at... But I understand what you're saying on info that he can do whatever he wants with it ...cheers

And to follow I always help people even if people on here argue over stupid things....I have helped gave another set of heads to a member on here to help with his build but I never ever expect anything back I consider us a brotherhood not a secret society. Now I can understand if this is a racing forum yes everything should be kept hush hush...again thanks for whatever info or outcome of the tests are and hopefully our cars will and keep on cruising...

Last edited by RamAir972003; 10-24-2014 at 08:21 PM.
Old 10-24-2014, 10:53 PM
Michael_D
Safety Car

Received 361 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark2009
Katech does not own the data so it is not theirs to release.

Forgotymypen owns the data since he is the one paying for it.

The limited release was to prevent the usual trolls from using Corvette Forum to attack Katech for performing the tests (as has been done in the past), to attack the data, and making general nuisances of themselves (as has been done in the past).

Get rid of the trolls and the haters and you'll see more data shared. I have certainly cut back on my contributions because of them.
Nicely put.

My opinion is..... put up or shut up. I detest whining freeloaders that just want to stir up BS.
Old 10-24-2014, 11:35 PM
propain
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by Michael_D
Nicely put.

My opinion is..... put up or shut up. I detest whining freeloaders that just want to stir up BS.
Old 10-24-2014, 11:50 PM
RamAir972003
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Michael_D
Nicely put.

I know I hate freeloaders dont you

Nicely put. Guys you are correct I detest ignorance to a point that I just SMH...

Michael hows car doing I spoke to you about a month ago about it..
hope its running well didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings about all this but if it helps I will pay for you and propains donation and Marks and I dont even want the results just trying to keep it real brother...

Some people share there women. I enjoy sharing my money.. God Bless. Again didnt mean to get anyone's feelings hurt....

Last edited by RamAir972003; 10-25-2014 at 12:10 AM.
Old 10-24-2014, 11:54 PM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Received 227 Likes on 179 Posts

So now Katech wont release the data for everyone to know really? I thought this was to benefit everyone grow up people... I guess ill start charging for my R&D when I pull my heads at 20k heads and cam set up...I would like the mods to step in because that's not right for this corvette community to be so immature about benefiting everyone on this topic...might as well lock the thread then....sorry but I have done a lot of info sharing on here on every step of my build an oils and helping people on here make choices and take steps in fixing issues with there vehicles. If this thread is not to help and benefit like it states in the rules then its unfair to all for vendors to hide data to benefit them for there own needs correct. For instance if people call katech for help and ideas on there build they can't help them on what route to take.? And ill be gladly to donate as I donate thousands to Kids born with cancer and United Way...already if its about Money in the long run then shame on us.... God Bless...

So basically this was a group purchase for info that's kept private for their benefit not others...
There are already two donators who have said they will share the data.

As I pointed out earlier. Just call Jason/Katech and ask him what valve he is recommending now for your particular application. Or wait to see if any of the builds they post regularly have this new hollow (air filled) valve.

It always amazes me that people want to have an open discussion forum but are afraid to discuss or have their data critiqued

And I'm with you. I should have charged for all the information, experiences and videos I have shared over the last 10 years

DH
Old 10-25-2014, 12:03 AM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Katech_Jason
When an individual, company, or race team pays us to do testing we provide the data to them. Nobody else. That's proprietary information owned by the paying party. What they do with the data from there is up to them.
Jason

I think we all would have to agree to this baisc business principle.

But if I call you up tomorrow and ask you to build me a TrackAttack motor what valve are you going to put in there. If by some wierd miracle it turns out that this hollow (air filled) valve's perfomance is superior to the OEM valve wouldn't you be obliged as another basic business principle to advise me of that superiority ???? Wouldn't we see Kateck's new builds with these valves? I don't think Katech would knowingly use an inferior valve would they?????

DH
Old 10-25-2014, 12:14 AM
RamAir972003
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Dirty Howie
There are already two donators who have said they will share the data.

As I pointed out earlier. Just call Jason/Katech and ask him what valve he is recommending now for your particular application. Or wait to see if any of the builds they post regularly have this new hollow (air filled) valve.

It always amazes me that people want to have an open discussion forum but are afraid to discuss or have their data critiqued

And I'm with you. I should have charged for all the information, experiences and videos I have shared over the last 10 years

DH
I guess if you have the money you have the power, but you also have the stupidity to go with.. not always but sometimes, some people fall to far from the apple tree I mean far...... Im going to charge for the head test Im preparing soon If you own a vette its free..
Old 10-25-2014, 12:22 AM
RamAir972003
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Dirty Howie
Jason

I think we all would have to agree to this basic business principle.

But if I call you up tomorrow and ask you to build me a TrackAttack motor what valve are you going to put in there. If by some wierd miracle it turns out that this hollow (air filled) valve's performance is superior to the OEM valve wouldn't you be obliged as another basic business principle to advise me of that superiority ???? Wouldn't we see Kateck's new builds with these valves? I don't think Katech would knowingly use an inferior valve would they?????

DH
Nicely Put Very Nice... I heard you got into an accident....
Old 10-25-2014, 12:52 AM
forg0tmypen
Safety Car

Alright Howie you've had your say. But as someone who didn't donate to the cause, that's good enough. If politely ask anyone else from here out not to engage Howie further. His point has been made clearly, now when the data is released, he's is at the mercy of others to release the data to him. That's the position he chose, so that's it. Moving on.

Get notified of new replies

To LS7 Spintron Testing Request and Donation Thread

Old 10-25-2014, 01:06 AM
Dirty Howie
Team Owner

Alright Howie you've had your say. But as someone who didn't donate to the cause, that's good enough. If politely ask anyone else from here out not to engage Howie further. His point has been made clearly, now when the data is released, he's is at the mercy of others to release the data to him. That's the position he chose, so that's it. Moving on.
I would politely invite anyone who wishes to engage me, to pleas do so. Please don't take that right away from other members. I don't believe you have the right to do that.

I am very unclear why you don't shut this thread down. Its purpose was to raise money for a secret testing to be done. Surely you have accomplished that goal as indicated by Jason and your emailing of all the participants.

So please kindly tell me what the ongoing purpose is of your thread ??

DH
Old 10-25-2014, 01:22 AM
propain
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Moving on indeed..... and looking forward to the results in my inbox. Money well spent. Thanks again for the efforts and thank you to Katech for doing the test.
Old 10-25-2014, 08:38 AM
Jasonoff
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Giddy up! Looking forward to the results.

Quick Reply: [Z06] LS7 Spintron Testing Request and Donation Thread