Go Back   Corvette Forum > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Z06 Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ Vendor Directory
Search
C6 Z06 Discussion
General Z06 Corvette Discussion, LS7 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track Sponsored by
PFYC

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!


Corvette Store
 
 
C7 Parts & Accessories
C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
C4 Parts & Accessories
C3 Parts & Accessories
C2 Parts & Accessories
C1 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads
 
 
Vendor Directory
  
Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-23-2014, 10:43 AM   #1
DON T.
CF Senior Member
 
DON T.'s Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2012
Location: CHARLOTTE NC
Default Why i hate katech!!!!!!

Im sitting in my office at work and i feel like iv been 12 rounds with Tyson!! returned from Track Attack 2014 last night. forced to sit through training classes that have made me a better driver. forced to eat great food and enjoy world class cigars with fine wine. forced to hang out with the best company and all there amazing people. Forced to listen to the most amazing race car drivers that Corvette has ever known. Had to endure more track time than i could ever dream of with a instructor who forced a smile on my face i could not get rid of!! UGH,,,,, Special thanks to: Katech--Jason Harding-all the guys who fix these machines if needed-Jim(painrace)painter-poor-sha(sean)-Jim hall- Short-throw and Johnny O'connell and Andy Pilgrim!!!! and to everyone who attended track attack. Ugh....I dont want to be here today!!! I want to be at Autobahn.. Pencil me in for next year so i can Hate Katech all over again
DON T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:49 AM   #2
EViL427
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
EViL427's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2005
Location: Cypress TX
Default



Definitely sounds like a love/hate relationship.
EViL427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:10 AM   #3
lane_change
CF Senior Member
 
lane_change's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2010
Location: Katy TX
Default

I wish I hated work as much as you hate Katech!

Luckily our computers allow me to **** away time on CF during the day time.
lane_change is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:47 AM   #4
DON T.
CF Senior Member
 
DON T.'s Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2012
Location: CHARLOTTE NC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lane_change View Post
I wish I hated work as much as you hate Katech!

Luckily our computers allow me to **** away time on CF during the day time.
DON T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:53 AM   #5
propain
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '14
 
propain's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2012
Default

Hahaha... Great post. Sounds like a lot of fun.


propain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 12:05 PM   #6
carpe dm
CF Senior Member
 
carpe dm's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 1999
Location: Tucson AZ
Default

Terrible thing! I wish I could have been there.........
__________________
2010 CRM GS Convertible (Wife)
2013 Velocity Yellow ZO6
carpe dm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 12:35 PM   #7
LFZ
CF Senior Member
 
LFZ's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2003
Location: Charlotte NC
Default

Damn you Daddy Don....
LFZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 12:54 PM   #8
DON T.
CF Senior Member
 
DON T.'s Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2012
Location: CHARLOTTE NC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFZ View Post
Damn you Daddy Don....
Its not all movie stars and caviar my good friend. Nooooo, just as i was starting to feel my oats and puffing out my chest driving, besting the course.....this mini-cooper goes blowing by me as i exit 9 & 10. Oh, the shame...... as i slumbered back to the gagage a smiling MR Harding informed me it was HIM who waxed my rearend... Theres allways next year!!!!!!!!
DON T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 01:06 PM   #9
Werks
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jun 2007
Location: San Jose CA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON T. View Post
Its not all movie stars and caviar my good friend. Nooooo, just as i was starting to feel my oats and puffing out my chest driving, besting the course.....this mini-cooper goes blowing by me as i exit 9 & 10. Oh, the shame...... as i slumbered back to the gagage a smiling MR Harding informed me it was HIM who waxed my rearend... Theres allways next year!!!!!!!!
Lol! Wish I was there, missed this one will not miss the next one!
Werks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 01:57 PM   #10
40YRW8
CF Senior Member
 
40YRW8's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2006
Location: Oro Valley Arizona
Default

Good report. Unfortunately, lots of members will just see your title and get the impression that you have a serious problem with Katech and not read the thread. I jumped in and read it because I couldn't believe anyone had a problem with those guys. I agree, they are a first class act.
Gary
40YRW8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 02:11 PM   #11
MyLastCorvette
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
MyLastCorvette's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40YRW8 View Post
Good report. Unfortunately, lots of members will just see your title and get the impression that you have a serious problem with Katech and not read the thread. I jumped in and read it because I couldn't believe anyone had a problem with those guys. I agree, they are a first class act.
Gary
I thought the same, could I be reading this correctly? Please stop your bragging, I'm crying in my coffee with jealousy. PS Glad you enjoyed yourself. Wish there was a similar event on the west coast...
MyLastCorvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 02:54 PM   #12
DON T.
CF Senior Member
 
DON T.'s Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2012
Location: CHARLOTTE NC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLastCorvette View Post
I thought the same, could I be reading this correctly? Please stop your bragging, I'm crying in my coffee with jealousy. PS Glad you enjoyed yourself. Wish there was a similar event on the west coast...
/\ Both prev post.. never thought of that, but iv been on here solid for 2&half years and my Z and my $ are 100% Katech...but thanks for posting and hopefully others will see the Wink Wink in my Thread.
DON T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 08:13 PM   #13
ATC399
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
ATC399's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2005
Default

Don't think too many in this section would read the title and not the post.. Great post Op
ATC399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 12:51 AM   #14
RGT
CF Senior Member
 
RGT's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2007
Location: Huntington Beach, CA Cali
Send a message via Yahoo to RGT
Default

Everyone who has gone to Track Attack raves about the experience.
RGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 08:55 AM   #15
DON T.
CF Senior Member
 
DON T.'s Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2012
Location: CHARLOTTE NC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGT View Post
Everyone who has gone to Track Attack raves about the experience.
You are correct my friend. Guys, listen up. i ship my Z to katech and back, i fly round trip ofcourse from N.C. to IL. 350$ !! Hotel is 99 a night. most of the food is catered. and damn good i might add. 2 day driving school with Johnney O and Andy P. How can you beat that. you can spend all day talking with these guys. and the stories are amazing. They will drive your car, or you can follow them in a chase car to show you the lines of the track. frank is the owner of the beautiful Rig that makes a lap of the country to pick up cars before track attack. your car is in the best of hands!!! not a scuff! Then frank delivers your amazing beast back home safe and sound. BTW, i do not want to leave out the instructors who ride with the newbees like me. these guys are the best and truley help you become a better driver......there is so much more, but back to work now
DON T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 11:14 AM   #16
08velocity
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '13
 
08velocity's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2012
Location: Clermont fl
Vettscott08
Default

Tell you what , because I'm such a nice guy, since you had such a " horrible experience" next year go thru all YOU would do to prepare to go ( roundtrip flight, room, food, shipping YOUR car out etc.....) and I will go for you !!! sounds
like a win/ win what do you think ? you can even
PM me with all the info!!! see what a supportive CF member I am no for real that sounds amazing and good for you to be able to attend and event like that .
08velocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 03:05 PM   #17
DON T.
CF Senior Member
 
DON T.'s Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2012
Location: CHARLOTTE NC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08velocity View Post
Tell you what , because I'm such a nice guy, since you had such a " horrible experience" next year go thru all YOU would do to prepare to go ( roundtrip flight, room, food, shipping YOUR car out etc.....) and I will go for you !!! sounds
like a win/ win what do you think ? you can even
PM me with all the info!!! see what a supportive CF member I am no for real that sounds amazing and good for you to be able to attend and event like that .
need you in body and spirit next year. LFZ has not publicly stated this yet, But he is coming next year. Its a new law. And a tax break for self employed people between the ages of 21 and 41. Its the cats meow when a group road trips via plane/rental..So good, we now have three so far for next year!! You have made a great decision..
DON T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 03:53 PM   #18
08velocity
CF Senior Member
St. Jude Donor '13
 
08velocity's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2012
Location: Clermont fl
Vettscott08
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON T. View Post
need you in body and spirit next year. LFZ has not publicly stated this yet, But he is coming next year. Its a new law. And a tax break for self employed people between the ages of 21 and 41. Its the cats meow when a group road trips via plane/rental..So good, we now have three so far for next year!! You have made a great decision..
Hmmmm ? somehow Things
got turned around, see You fit the bill and I drive your sick Z !!!! now that sounds about right THANKS !!!!! Scott. oh and since I'm not self employed it would be a tax break for you and sort of like a " free gift " for me
08velocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 04:04 PM   #19
DON T.
CF Senior Member
 
DON T.'s Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2012
Location: CHARLOTTE NC
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08velocity View Post
Hmmmm ? somehow Things
got turned around, see You fit the bill and I drive your sick Z !!!! now that sounds about right THANKS !!!!! Scott. oh and since I'm not self employed it would be a tax break for you and sort of like a " free gift " for me
DON T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 09:40 AM   #20
DON T.
CF Senior Member
 
DON T.'s Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2012
Location: CHARLOTTE NC
Default

Day three and i can now walk and talk without flashbacks!! of the mini going by me But my Z arrives back today!!!!!! new heads and new clutch!!!!! and splitter!!!! ready for 2015....
DON T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 09:40 AM
 
Go Back   Corvette Forum > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Z06 Discussion
Reload this Page Why i hate katech!!!!!!
 
 
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Click for Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Katech Track Attack 2014! July 21-22. Autobahn Country Club - Joliet, IL Katech_Jason Great Lakes 14 07-11-2014 08:31 AM
My Katech Track Attack 2012 Experience BgBoost1 C6 Z06 Discussion 16 09-12-2012 11:52 AM
KATECH TRACK ATTACK 2012 official thread Katech_Jason C6 Z06 Discussion 537 09-10-2012 07:28 PM
Katech "Track Attack" - One of the best! NVR2L8 Autocrossing & Roadracing 10 08-07-2012 10:43 PM
Breaking news!!!!!!!! DON T. C6 Z06 Discussion 26 08-04-2012 11:15 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:50 AM.


Emails & Password Backup