Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Why i hate katech!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 10:43 AM
DON T.
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why i hate katech!!!!!!

Im sitting in my office at work and i feel like iv been 12 rounds with Tyson!! returned from Track Attack 2014 last night. forced to sit through training classes that have made me a better driver. forced to eat great food and enjoy world class cigars with fine wine. forced to hang out with the best company and all there amazing people. Forced to listen to the most amazing race car drivers that Corvette has ever known. Had to endure more track time than i could ever dream of with a instructor who forced a smile on my face i could not get rid of!! UGH,,,,, Special thanks to: Katech--Jason Harding-all the guys who fix these machines if needed-Jim(painrace)painter-poor-sha(sean)-Jim hall- Short-throw and Johnny O'connell and Andy Pilgrim!!!! and to everyone who attended track attack. Ugh....I dont want to be here today!!! I want to be at Autobahn.. Pencil me in for next year so i can Hate Katech all over again
Old 07-23-2014, 10:49 AM
VetteVinnie
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,660 Likes on 1,063 Posts

Definitely sounds like a love/hate relationship.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:10 AM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I wish I hated work as much as you hate Katech!

Luckily our computers allow me to **** away time on CF during the day time.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:47 AM
DON T.
Drifting

Originally Posted by lane_change
I wish I hated work as much as you hate Katech!

Luckily our computers allow me to **** away time on CF during the day time.
Old 07-23-2014, 11:53 AM
propain
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Hahaha... Great post. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Old 07-23-2014, 12:05 PM
carpe dm
Le Mans Master

Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Terrible thing! I wish I could have been there.........
Old 07-23-2014, 12:35 PM
LFZ
Team Owner

Received 310 Likes on 227 Posts

Damn you Daddy Don....
Old 07-23-2014, 12:54 PM
DON T.
Drifting

Originally Posted by LFZ
Damn you Daddy Don....
Its not all movie stars and caviar my good friend. Nooooo, just as i was starting to feel my oats and puffing out my chest driving, besting the course.....this mini-cooper goes blowing by me as i exit 9 & 10. Oh, the shame...... as i slumbered back to the gagage a smiling MR Harding informed me it was HIM who waxed my rearend... Theres allways next year!!!!!!!!
Old 07-23-2014, 01:06 PM
Werks
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by DON T.
Its not all movie stars and caviar my good friend. Nooooo, just as i was starting to feel my oats and puffing out my chest driving, besting the course.....this mini-cooper goes blowing by me as i exit 9 & 10. Oh, the shame...... as i slumbered back to the gagage a smiling MR Harding informed me it was HIM who waxed my rearend... Theres allways next year!!!!!!!!
Lol! Wish I was there, missed this one will not miss the next one!
Old 07-23-2014, 01:57 PM
40YRW8
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Good report. Unfortunately, lots of members will just see your title and get the impression that you have a serious problem with Katech and not read the thread. I jumped in and read it because I couldn't believe anyone had a problem with those guys. I agree, they are a first class act.
Gary
Old 07-23-2014, 02:11 PM
MyLastCorvette
Racer

Originally Posted by 40YRW8
Good report. Unfortunately, lots of members will just see your title and get the impression that you have a serious problem with Katech and not read the thread. I jumped in and read it because I couldn't believe anyone had a problem with those guys. I agree, they are a first class act.
Gary
I thought the same, could I be reading this correctly? Please stop your bragging, I'm crying in my coffee with jealousy. PS Glad you enjoyed yourself. Wish there was a similar event on the west coast...
Old 07-23-2014, 02:54 PM
DON T.
Drifting

Originally Posted by MyLastCorvette
I thought the same, could I be reading this correctly? Please stop your bragging, I'm crying in my coffee with jealousy. PS Glad you enjoyed yourself. Wish there was a similar event on the west coast...
/\ Both prev post.. never thought of that, but iv been on here solid for 2&half years and my Z and my $ are 100% Katech...but thanks for posting and hopefully others will see the Wink Wink in my Thread.
Old 07-23-2014, 08:13 PM
ATC399
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 768 Likes on 395 Posts

Don't think too many in this section would read the title and not the post.. Great post Op
Old 07-24-2014, 12:51 AM
RGT
Drifting

Received 67 Likes on 51 Posts

Everyone who has gone to Track Attack raves about the experience.
Old 07-24-2014, 08:55 AM
DON T.
Drifting

Originally Posted by RGT
Everyone who has gone to Track Attack raves about the experience.
You are correct my friend. Guys, listen up. i ship my Z to katech and back, i fly round trip ofcourse from N.C. to IL. 350$ !! Hotel is 99 a night. most of the food is catered. and damn good i might add. 2 day driving school with Johnney O and Andy P. How can you beat that. you can spend all day talking with these guys. and the stories are amazing. They will drive your car, or you can follow them in a chase car to show you the lines of the track. frank is the owner of the beautiful Rig that makes a lap of the country to pick up cars before track attack. your car is in the best of hands!!! not a scuff! Then frank delivers your amazing beast back home safe and sound. BTW, i do not want to leave out the instructors who ride with the newbees like me. these guys are the best and truley help you become a better driver......there is so much more, but back to work now
Old 07-24-2014, 11:14 AM
08velocity
Drifting

Received 121 Likes on 88 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Tell you what , because I'm such a nice guy, since you had such a " horrible experience" next year go thru all YOU would do to prepare to go ( roundtrip flight, room, food, shipping YOUR car out etc.....) and I will go for you !!! sounds
like a win/ win what do you think ? you can even
PM me with all the info!!! see what a supportive CF member I am no for real that sounds amazing and good for you to be able to attend and event like that .
Old 07-24-2014, 03:05 PM
DON T.
Drifting

Originally Posted by 08velocity
Tell you what , because I'm such a nice guy, since you had such a " horrible experience" next year go thru all YOU would do to prepare to go ( roundtrip flight, room, food, shipping YOUR car out etc.....) and I will go for you !!! sounds
like a win/ win what do you think ? you can even
PM me with all the info!!! see what a supportive CF member I am no for real that sounds amazing and good for you to be able to attend and event like that .
need you in body and spirit next year. LFZ has not publicly stated this yet, But he is coming next year. Its a new law. And a tax break for self employed people between the ages of 21 and 41. Its the cats meow when a group road trips via plane/rental..So good, we now have three so far for next year!! You have made a great decision..

Get notified of new replies

To Why i hate katech!!!!!!

Old 07-24-2014, 03:53 PM
08velocity
Drifting

Received 121 Likes on 88 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by DON T.
need you in body and spirit next year. LFZ has not publicly stated this yet, But he is coming next year. Its a new law. And a tax break for self employed people between the ages of 21 and 41. Its the cats meow when a group road trips via plane/rental..So good, we now have three so far for next year!! You have made a great decision..
Hmmmm ? somehow Things
got turned around, see You fit the bill and I drive your sick Z !!!! now that sounds about right THANKS !!!!! Scott. oh and since I'm not self employed it would be a tax break for you and sort of like a " free gift " for me
Old 07-24-2014, 04:04 PM
DON T.
Drifting

Originally Posted by 08velocity
Hmmmm ? somehow Things
got turned around, see You fit the bill and I drive your sick Z !!!! now that sounds about right THANKS !!!!! Scott. oh and since I'm not self employed it would be a tax break for you and sort of like a " free gift " for me
Old 07-25-2014, 09:40 AM
DON T.
Drifting

Day three and i can now walk and talk without flashbacks!! of the mini going by me But my Z arrives back today!!!!!! new heads and new clutch!!!!! and splitter!!!! ready for 2015....

Quick Reply: [Z06] Why i hate katech!!!!!!