Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Monster LT1 Clutch???

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 11:56 AM
Cobra R
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Monster LT1 Clutch???

Researching clutches for my N/A 566rwhp 2008 Z06. In past cars I have had RST, RXT and Monster.

The car will be going to the drag strip and street driven a lot, so good manners are a must.

My past experience with Monster was not good (3 total in 1500 miles and the last one went in the trash instead of taking my chance with another warranty one) so I am looking for true feedback from anyone that has this clutch. Feel free to PM me if you dont want to put the negatives here, or put them here, just want straight shooter answers and comments.

RPS is a little above what I want to spend.
RXT is mixed reviews.
Mantic also mixed reviews.
Old 08-12-2014, 04:38 PM
0SNL/MonsterClutchCo
Former Vendor

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Cobra R
Researching clutches for my N/A 566rwhp 2008 Z06. In past cars I have had RST, RXT and Monster.

The car will be going to the drag strip and street driven a lot, so good manners are a must.

My past experience with Monster was not good (3 total in 1500 miles and the last one went in the trash instead of taking my chance with another warranty one) so I am looking for true feedback from anyone that has this clutch. Feel free to PM me if you dont want to put the negatives here, or put them here, just want straight shooter answers and comments.

RPS is a little above what I want to spend.
RXT is mixed reviews.
Mantic also mixed reviews.
Probably one of the oddest posts I've seen...

That said, what's your name so I can research the issues you had. At least that way we know the driving habits and past issues you had so we can suggest what you need.

As far as these clutches, we just took the 6 speed GM record going 8.63 at 158. They work very well.
Old 08-12-2014, 04:46 PM
Cobra R
Racer

I can see it being odd, I like the idea behind the LT1 clutch setup, so has me looking at Monster again.

Will PM you info
Old 08-12-2014, 05:40 PM
Fifedogg
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm running the RXT right now and so far it's working great for me. It does charter ever so slightly but doesn't bother me. I really liked my Monster Stage 3 in my SS Camaro minus how heavy it was on the foot. That being said I had the Monster fail on me about 4 months ago. One of the springs exploded on the disc. I only had about 7k miles on it and maybe 25 passes. I ended up just buying a new disc and put her back together. So far it's working just fine again. Hopefully it stays together this time.

Heard a lot of good things about
Mantic but it seems there is problems with any clutch so there really isn't a perfect end all be all clutch IMO.
Old 08-12-2014, 06:05 PM
Cobra R
Racer

You are right, I have to say I almost miss my Fox Body mustang days with a cheap centerforce clutch taking a beating. Double the power and get double the fun I guess..LOL

Last edited by Cobra R; 08-12-2014 at 06:08 PM.
Old 08-12-2014, 08:38 PM
#1hand
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I like my lt1-SC , it drives very good on the street. The disengagement is closer to the top than the stock clutch. I have went a 1.42 60' so far in my bolt-on Z so far, it will go in the1.3s when I get same new tires. I think it's going to be a great clutch!
Old 08-12-2014, 08:51 PM
Cobra R
Racer

I would like to see some high 1.3 to low 1.4 60'. Like to try and get a 9.9 pass, but hopefully at least a 10.0.

Went a 10.61@134 on Michelin pilot sports with the stock clutch slipping its way to a 1.76 60' all through first gear.
Old 08-14-2014, 05:23 PM
Devilish34
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spec
Old 08-14-2014, 06:09 PM
0SNL/MonsterClutchCo
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by #1hand
I like my lt1-SC , it drives very good on the street. The disengagement is closer to the top than the stock clutch. I have went a 1.42 60' so far in my bolt-on Z so far, it will go in the1.3s when I get same new tires. I think it's going to be a great clutch!
Great to hear your enjoying your LT1-SC!
Old 08-15-2014, 09:57 AM
Cobra R
Racer

After talking with Monster about my past issue with one of their clutches 5 years ago, I'm going to give one of these clutches a go. Monster was only about 2 years old then and as anything feeling growing pains when I had my issue.

Look forward to seeing what this new setup will take for abuse.

Devilish, hope your blower is ready for a smaller pulley
Old 08-15-2014, 10:35 AM
Devilish34
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I slowed it down so you can keep up
Old 08-15-2014, 12:39 PM
0SNL/MonsterClutchCo
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Cobra R
After talking with Monster about my past issue with one of their clutches 5 years ago, I'm going to give one of these clutches a go. Monster was only about 2 years old then and as anything feeling growing pains when I had my issue.

Look forward to seeing what this new setup will take for abuse.

Devilish, hope your blower is ready for a smaller pulley
Glad we could get you taken care of. Let us know what you think when you get it all together!
Old 08-17-2014, 04:24 AM
cgallagher04
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the LT1-SC in my cammed C5 and I love it. It feels like stock but like #1 Hand said the disengagement is more toward the top than the stock one but it's not too heavy like some other clutches. Steve at SNL really helped me out picking the right clutch.
Old 08-18-2014, 10:18 AM
0SNL/MonsterClutchCo
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by cgallagher04
I have the LT1-SC in my cammed C5 and I love it. It feels like stock but like #1 Hand said the disengagement is more toward the top than the stock one but it's not too heavy like some other clutches. Steve at SNL really helped me out picking the right clutch.
Thanks for the kind words.

Get notified of new replies

To Monster LT1 Clutch???

Quick Reply: [Z06] Monster LT1 Clutch???