Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Good experience with the local law enforcement.

Old 08-16-2014, 07:19 PM
Rupert pupkin
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Good experience with the local law enforcement.

Was looking for another vehicle for the wife, and pulling out of the dealer lot I decided to do a 1st to 2nd pull. Z hooked, and flew down the street. Radar detector went wild, but I kept going (short shifted a little bit). Flew past the officer, lights turned on, and immediately pulled over to a side street. Asked for my license and insurance and my wife intervened and told him that her mom is a police officer and that she told me to rip on it lol. Cop immediately started laughing and told my wife that he should give her a ticket instead. Luckily he knew some of the departments officers where my mother in law works at. Cop even said if he was driving the Z he would've done the same thing. Nice guy

Gave me a warning-- THANK GOD

Thank You officer Edwards and my wife for intervening.

Just for the record 64 in a 35.
Old 08-16-2014, 07:45 PM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,185 Likes on 2,679 Posts

Well, it pays to be connected.
Old 08-16-2014, 09:03 PM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

for the life of me, Ill never understand people feeling the need to announce chyt like this...
Old 08-16-2014, 09:35 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 898 Likes on 700 Posts

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
for the life of me, Ill never understand people feeling the need to announce chyt like this...

to show others how dumb they really are ?
Old 08-17-2014, 12:24 AM
Adam_W
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

by mentioning him by name, you could get him in trouble and that would be a lousy way to say thanks.
Old 08-17-2014, 03:13 AM
Rupert pupkin
Drifting

Im sure Edwards is a pretty common name..

Dumb far from it.. but thsnks for reading.
Old 08-17-2014, 07:36 AM
Old Boot
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Interesting, my first thought was good for him. Not that the OP shouldnt have done it. I migfht not have said the name and just said thanks.
But its nice to see when we do somthing we all do (Most do) that the good cops understand and get a laugh out of it.
Old 08-17-2014, 08:46 AM
Undy
Safety Car

Received 1,090 Likes on 574 Posts

Tough crowd... No soul bearing will go unpunished around these parts.

Good for you! Great outcome but try not to tempt fate too often.
Old 08-17-2014, 10:07 AM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Rupert pupkin
Im sure Edwards is a pretty common name..

Dumb far from it.. but thsnks for reading.
64 in a 35 is not dumb ?
if a child runs out on the street, god help them with people like you behind the wheel.
obviously there is a reason it is a 35 limt.
Old 08-17-2014, 10:19 AM
ATC399
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 768 Likes on 395 Posts

Good for you OP...OMG no one got hurt...
Old 08-17-2014, 11:33 AM
Rupert pupkin
Drifting

Road wasn't a residential road.. Yes I agree it wasn't smart, but I'm sure everyone has done it. Just warming up the tires a little bit that's all. Guess what I did for the rest of the day.....cruise control 3-5mph over the speed limit.
Old 08-17-2014, 11:50 AM
[Cerberus]
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by walleyejack
64 in a 35 is not dumb ?
if a child runs out on the street, god help them with people like you behind the wheel.
obviously there is a reason it is a 35 limt.
If it saves just one childs life.... that statement will be the death of peoples freedoms good god.
Old 08-17-2014, 12:26 PM
CGZO6
Drifting

Received 325 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by [Cerberus]
If it saves just one childs life.... that statement will be the death of peoples freedoms good god.

Hows about teaching your kids to look both ways before crossing the street. If someones kid runs out in the street and gets hit by a car when crossing the street, it's a tragedy, feel for the parents. But why on earth would anyone blame anyone but the kid for being stupid, or the parents for not teaching thier child to not run out into the street without looking.

OP, that was a good day.
Old 08-17-2014, 01:07 PM
z76232
Drifting

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

My Son is a Phoenix cop and says he lets people go all the time with a warning. He says if they mouth off to him it's a ticket for sure. They aren't required to ticket everyone they pull over. Now 64 in a 35 I think he might of gave you one had it not been for your wife. Not that she new people but just the fact she was the one that egged you on. You are real lucky, anything around here 20 over the speed limit they can book you and impound your car. Sons says it rarely happens because of all the paperwork and crap he and any cop has to do but he has done it twice to a mouthy older guy and a mouthy younger guy. He said if they would of just seemed sorry for at least getting caught he would of just wrote them up for 15 over or even let them off with a warning. He used to drive my Z a lot when I couldn't and knows what it makes you want to do so he's a little more easy on Vette owners. Be careful. I jump on my all the time on the open freeway in short burst but to tell you the truth I agree with everyone else, in town keep it down.
Old 08-17-2014, 01:50 PM
GMuffley
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

64 in a 35 is not cool.
Old 08-17-2014, 01:54 PM
pala
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '07

figures, I get a ticket for doing 4mph over.
Old 08-17-2014, 04:53 PM
383vett
Race Director

Received 1,541 Likes on 1,042 Posts

Originally Posted by CGZO6

Hows about teaching your kids to look both ways before crossing the street. If someones kid runs out in the street and gets hit by a car when crossing the street, it's a tragedy, feel for the parents. But why on earth would anyone blame anyone but the kid for being stupid, or the parents for not teaching thier child to not run out into the street without looking.

OP, that was a good day.
For real? A car whacks a kid while going 64 in a 35 and it's the kids fault? Sounds like you don't have kids.

Get notified of new replies

To Good experience with the local law enforcement.

Old 08-17-2014, 05:48 PM
CGZO6
Drifting

Received 325 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by 383vett
For real? A car whacks a kid while going 64 in a 35 and it's the kids fault? Sounds like you don't have kids.
Did you teach your kids that everyone always, without exception, obays all laws/rules and they can assume that nobody would possibly be speeding and therefore they can walk/run into the street without giving it a second thought?

Or

As a responsible parent, teach them to always look out for themselves.

And if a kid runs out into the path of a vehicle and gets hit I'm sure the parent would blame the driver instead of thier lack of controlling thier child. The parents assumtion of "my child can do no wrong" is the first thing that pops into every parents head.
If the vehicle was indeed doing 64 in a 35 when the child ran into its path, the parents have a case, but thier child is still dead.

So, teach your kids to not run out in front of vehicles.
Old 08-17-2014, 08:05 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by CGZO6
Did you teach your kids that everyone always, without exception, obays all laws/rules and they can assume that nobody would possibly be speeding and therefore they can walk/run into the street without giving it a second thought?

Or

As a responsible parent, teach them to always look out for themselves.

And if a kid runs out into the path of a vehicle and gets hit I'm sure the parent would blame the driver instead of thier lack of controlling thier child. The parents assumtion of "my child can do no wrong" is the first thing that pops into every parents head.
If the vehicle was indeed doing 64 in a 35 when the child ran into its path, the parents have a case, but thier child is still dead.

So, teach your kids to not run out in front of vehicles.
another outstanding statement..i think he is just kidding.

but teach your kids not to go on the street, because there could be some irresponsible driver doing double the speed limit. but thats ok
Old 08-17-2014, 08:10 PM
C6zMyth
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel like this is going to blow up into some *edit* debate...Let's not get off topic here guys... Congrats on the slip past the law... next topic!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] Good experience with the local law enforcement.