Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] airbag sysrem

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 02:31 PM
don8585
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default airbag sysrem

i have been working on my 2007 Z06 airbag system. After it goes through the srart up test the light comes on, I got the light to go out by moving the tilt up and down but hitting a bump would bring it back on.
I actually got the light to come on and off by moving the wires in the steering column right at the clock spring area, so it came on and stayed on which is a good thing in trouble shooting. I changed the harness on the column including the clock spring. Light is still on after it goes through the test. Any suggestions? Does anybody know if the C6 Z06 has a self test or do I have to take it to a dealer to run the test and tell me ehere the fault is. Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 09-01-2014, 07:29 PM
z06clif
Le Mans Master

Received 382 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by don8585
i have been working on my 2007 Z06 airbag system. After it goes through the srart up test the light comes on, I got the light to go out by moving the tilt up and down but hitting a bump would bring it back on.
I actually got the light to come on and off by moving the wires in the steering column right at the clock spring area, so it came on and stayed on which is a good thing in trouble shooting. I changed the harness on the column including the clock spring. Light is still on after it goes through the test. Any suggestions? Does anybody know if the C6 Z06 has a self test or do I have to take it to a dealer to run the test and tell me ehere the fault is. Thanks in advance for your help.
I remember something about the harness under the drivers seat being loose that causes the airbag light to go on. The quick fix was a plastic tie around the plug

Clif
Old 09-01-2014, 10:33 PM
don8585
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by z06clif
I remember something about the harness under the drivers seat being loose that causes the airbag light to go on. The quick fix was a plastic tie around the plug

Clif
Thanks Clif. I actually had the seat out to change the column so I believe the seat harness is good.

Get notified of new replies

To airbag sysrem

Quick Reply: [Z06] airbag sysrem