Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] weird issue with a P0341 cam postion code(no hard starts)

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 01:42 PM
Twistedpixels
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default weird issue with a P0341 cam postion code(no hard starts)

So a couple weeks ago I go this code along with a p0335 crank sensor code. The car has heads and cam. it was done 3 months ago. The car does not hard start or have any of the issue of a bad cam or crank sensor. The p0335 never cam back after I cleared them all the first time but the p0341 did come back while driving and then a couple days alter the CEL went off. I had to disconnect the battery for something else and the code was cleared totally and then I had the alternator and battery tested and they are fine. The cam sensor is plugged in I can see it fine. Well after it went away and was cleared after battery disconnect it was fine for almost 2 weeks of driving and it came back yesterday after I started the car and rove out of my parking structure. It did not come on right after start up but after I started driving a couple minutes later. So I left it and went home and started the car several more times and everything is still fine then the code CEL went off on its own. This morning it started normally and I drove to work and stopped at the store first when I left the store I got down the street and the CEL came back on.

What could be causing this to come on but have no hard starting or anything? The cam was bolted in with locktite and a new LS7 timing chain was put on 3 months ago. The car has been driven over 2000 miles since then with 2 dyno session and a lot of spirited driving. I am trying to get it to the dealer to a guy I know is very good with electronics there but it is not easy since he is busy.

Makes no sense to me or the person who installed everything why this is going on.

Quick Reply: [Z06] weird issue with a P0341 cam postion code(no hard starts)