Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Difference between trim levels

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 12:19 AM
stefuel
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 116 Posts
Default Difference between trim levels

How many trim levels are there on a 08Z and what is the difference?
Looking at a 3lz
Old 09-20-2014, 07:26 AM
bjmsam
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

Three.
Old 09-20-2014, 09:48 AM
Too-Fast
Safety Car

Received 793 Likes on 537 Posts
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by stefuel
How many trim levels are there on a 08Z and what is the difference?
Looking at a 3lz
Check out the Corvette Action Center...it has all of the info you could want.
Old 09-20-2014, 04:09 PM
stefuel
Drifting

Originally Posted by bjmsam
Actually, I just read that it is 4. Something about a stitched leather dashboard and wicked expensive
Old 09-20-2014, 06:11 PM
bjmsam
Pro

Actually, I just read that it is 4. Something about a stitched leather dashboard and wicked expensive
I believe more searching will reveal that for 2008, 3LZ was the top option for the Z06 and was equivalent to the 4LT option for the coupe and convertible.
Old 09-20-2014, 06:36 PM
stefuel
Drifting

Originally Posted by bjmsam
I believe more searching will reveal that for 2008, 3LZ was the top option for the Z06 and was equivalent to the 4LT option for the coupe and convertible.
I stand corrected

1LZ
MSRP* $72,125.00
Active handling with traction control
Air Conditioning: Dual zone auto climate control
Aluminum frame structure
Audio system: AM/FM stereo with CD player and MP3 playback, seek and scan, digital clock, auto tone control, Radio Data System, automatic volume, TheftLock and auxiliary input jack. Includes 7-speaker system
Brakes: Four wheel, antilock/four wheel, disc.
Cabin Air Filtration
Carbon fiber fenders and floor panels
Cruise Control: Electronic, with set and resume speed.
Defogger: Rear-window, electric.
Door Locks: Power programmable. Includes lockout protection.
Fog lamps
Floormats
Head-Up Display: With dot-matrix readouts, g-meter, vehicle speed, engine rpm and readings from key gauges (I.e. water temp, oil pressure)
Lighting: Interior with courtesy, cargo and glove box.
Engine: LS 7.0L V8 with 505hp
Glass: Solar-Ray, light tinted.
Keyless Access with push button start
Mirrors: Inside, rearview auto-dimming with compass, includes dual reading lights.
Mirrors: Outside heated power-adjustable and driver side auto dimming body color
Seating: Front bucket with perforated leather seating surfaces, ZO6 embroidery and contrasting stitching.
Steering Wheel: Three spoke leather wrapped
Steering: Tilt-wheel, manual.
Tire Pressure Monitoring System
Transmission: Six-speed manual, short-throw.
Wheels: Z06 Competition Silver painted aluminum
Z06 Performance Package: 4 wheel independent, includes transverse composite springs, power steering, engine, axle and transmission cooler, stiffer springs 6 piston front and 4 piston rear cross drilled rotors with specific tires.
2LZ
MSRP* $75,170.00
Features shown below are in addition to, or in place of, 1LZ features:
Audio system: AM/FM stereo with 6 disc in dash CD and MP3 playback, seek and scan, digital clock, auto tone control, Radio Data System, automatic volume TheftLock and auxiliary input jack Includes Bose premium 7 speaker system
Enhanced Acoustic Package
Luggage Shade and parcel net
Memory Package
Power telescoping steering wheel
Seats: Heated driver and front passenger
Steering Wheel: Mounted audio controls
Universal home remote
3LZ
MSRP* $78,670.00
Features shown below are in addition to, or in place of, 2LZ features:
Custom Leather Wrapped Interior Pkg features leather wrapped upper instrument panel, door trim panels and console storage cover. Two tone design includes seat headrest, Z06 crossed flag embroidery and enhanced armrest padding.
Specific Bias pattern center console trim plate
Old 09-28-2014, 06:42 AM
stefuel
Drifting

What part of the VIN # indicates the trim level? I just found another but it doesn't list trim level but I have the VIN.
Is there a obvious tell tale sign of the trim level if you have pictures of the interior?
Old 09-28-2014, 12:51 PM
tim414
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

What part of the VIN # indicates the trim level? I just found another but it doesn't list trim level but I have the VIN.
Is there a obvious tell tale sign of the trim level if you have pictures of the interior?
It doesn't. There are only unique VIN's for certain models. Otherwise, there is no VIN trim identifier on a regular production C6 Z06.
Old 09-28-2014, 06:58 PM
bjmsam
Pro

VIN Decoder

This is interesting, but the VIN for my '07 2LZ (which was the top trim level for that year) has a "Y" as the fifth digit and no "K" digit.

Originally Posted by corvette-web-central
5 Corvette Specific information Model/Equipment "Y" or "Z"
Z = ZR1, A=1LT mt, B=2LT mt, C=3LT mt, D=4LT mt, E=1LT at, F=2LT mt, G=3LT at, H=4LT at, J=Z06 1LZ, K=Z06 2LZ, L=Z06 3LZ, M=ZR1 std, N=ZR1 3ZR, P=GS LT mt, R=GS 2LT mt, S=GS 3LT mt, T=GS 4LT mt, U=GS 1LT at, V=GS2LT at, W=GS 3LT at, X=GS 4LT at, 9=NON USA/CANADA

Last edited by bjmsam; 09-28-2014 at 07:11 PM.
Old 09-29-2014, 05:01 AM
stefuel
Drifting

Well I am looking at a 08 and the add does not state trim level. However, there is a partial picture of the dash in the area of the nav. In that picture I see the nav and the console. Directly to the left I see the dash which clearly shows stitching. Am I correct in thinking the dash is in leather and 3LZ?
Old 09-29-2014, 11:33 AM
hungryhorace
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What I can safely say about trim levels is that I have an 06 Z06 over here in the UK. Now in Europe there is always some sort of snobbery that American cars are poorly built, to a budget and don't do luxury.

Now I have had some fantastic cars for nice places to be and whilst the base 06 which I have may not have the nicest switch gear or the most modern feeling plastics, its not at all a bad place to be. Yes there are some fit issues, with slight gaps but the car is a lovely place to sit, so much so I have no desire to change any feature (yet). We didn't really get trim levels here we just had an option of whatever cars were officially imported or whatever USAF guys bring over and flog. No use I know but just to say I can't personally see anything to worry about over the base trim. For me if I was paying extra for uprated leather I'd want it to be really plush and I just can't see the need for it here - its just something else to potentially tarnish over time, stitches to fail etc.

My only gripe is the seats, extremely comfy until you hit a bend when you have no lateral support. Its a raw sports car that doubles up as a grand tourer, not the other way around
Old 10-03-2014, 05:38 AM
stefuel
Drifting

OK, still looking and just noticed something odd. Is chrome trim around the hatchback glass a option? I am looking at only black Z's and I see some of them have what looks like chrome trim and some don't. I really like the look of the transition to glass without the trim.

Get notified of new replies

To Difference between trim levels

Quick Reply: [Z06] Difference between trim levels