Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] ARH 2" to 2 1/8" headers with 3.5" Hpipe, Vband connections, "Getting it done"

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 09:02 PM
JMB
Melting Slicks

Received 452 Likes on 255 Posts

Overkill for a high compression (E85) setup? I've got Kooks 1 7/8" and pondering going to 2" but wondering if i'll really realize any gains.
The problem with comparisons here is it's not apples to apples....if you had a 1-7/8" header with a properly designed 3-1/2" merge collector and compared it to the 2" with a 3-1/2" merge collector the answer would be very simple...stick with the 1-7/8", absolutely no contest! Now on the flip side, if you have an improperly designed 1-7/8" header with the C6 Industry standard 3" collector (whether it's a merge or not) it is possible that a 2" header with a properly designed 3-1/2" merge collector with supporting 3-1/2" "X" pipe and duals just might make significantly more power!

I don't care what anyone says. I'd have to see comparative independent dyno runs to believe otherwise (like that's really going to happen).
I had Roman at Burns Stainless design my triple stepped headers for my 800FWHP LS7 and the primaries start at 1-7/8" with a 4" dia merge collector......he could have picked any size and he didn't....take a look at the number of headers they design and ask yourself......does an Internet rumor or amateur's opinion about 2" primary headers outweigh the professionals? I don't think so.....and as I sited above....you could get more power but not for the reason that you think you did! I happen to have 30+ years of experience in designing the ultimate quiet street exhaust systems that give up zero power so I'm happy to share some free advice
Old 11-18-2014, 12:43 AM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Still wanting to see a back to back comparison to the ARH 2" setup on a heavily modified car.
Old 11-18-2014, 10:14 AM
phxcobra
Burning Brakes

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveDoten@ARH
Are you over 700-750whp? If Nick(Unreal in Tempe) is your tuner, best bet is to ask him.

We've listened to feedback and testing from numerous high level sources in Michigan.
I'm closer to 620whp actually. I'll ask Nick what his thoughts are. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 11-20-2014, 06:30 PM
SteveDoten@ARH
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Fran@RaceProvenMotorsports

Old 11-20-2014, 08:22 PM
zulatr
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

hey Steve -
See you moved into my old home town area, still get down there regularly to see my dad.
I've moved "up" to a C6Z, doing "stuff", like heads and cam this winter.
Let me know if you ever have take-offs, trade in or seconds on some 1 7/8 headers with x pipe and cats.
I can pick them up in Deer Park.
Old 11-21-2014, 06:02 PM
SteveDoten@ARH

Originally Posted by zulatr
hey Steve -
See you moved into my old home town area, still get down there regularly to see my dad.
I've moved "up" to a C6Z, doing "stuff", like heads and cam this winter.
Let me know if you ever have take-offs, trade in or seconds on some 1 7/8 headers with x pipe and cats.
I can pick them up in Deer Park.
We won't have any trades or take-offs, I'm sure we can work something out though

Congrats on the new Z, I noticed you sold the '03 awhile back
Old 02-26-2015, 06:49 PM
SteveDoten@ARH

We have a few sets going into Production as I type this, appreciate the orders!!
Old 02-26-2015, 10:41 PM
Twistedpixels
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Curious what your best price for 1 7/8 with cats would be. I am looking to switch from Pfadt 1 7/8. They seem to be choking the car up with my cam. I have heard from other installers that they saw the same thing happen on other cars. I have been looking for some used ones but no one is selling them it seems. PM me if you can.
Old 02-26-2015, 11:04 PM
Vito.A
Melting Slicks

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

American Racing headers are a work of art. The 1 7/8" Z06 header is the nicest header I've seen (and we have compared them to some extremely expensive sets of hand made race headers). I'm sure the new 2" to 2 1/8" header is just as nice. It's really great to see such high quality parts manufactured here in the USA.
Old 03-01-2015, 11:22 AM
FRDnemesis
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Just out of curiosity, why an H-pipe instead of an X-pipe? Space constraints?

Jeff
Old 07-24-2015, 02:13 PM
SteveDoten@ARH

Originally Posted by Vito.A
American Racing headers are a work of art. The 1 7/8" Z06 header is the nicest header I've seen (and we have compared them to some extremely expensive sets of hand made race headers). I'm sure the new 2" to 2 1/8" header is just as nice. It's really great to see such high quality parts manufactured here in the USA.
Thanks for the good words
Old 12-01-2015, 12:53 PM
SteveDoten@ARH

Thanks very much for the Sales/inquiries!!
Old 08-19-2016, 12:52 PM
SteveDoten@ARH

Bump
Old 08-20-2016, 12:52 PM
Cordes Performance Racing
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,228 Likes on 775 Posts

Looking forward to testing a set on my special project
www.facebook.com/cordesperformanceracing.com
joe@cordesperformanceracing.com
480-359-5914

Old 10-19-2016, 01:31 PM
FNBADAZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 634 Likes on 443 Posts

What would be needed to use these with the Akrapovic EVO exhaust system ? I'm currently using the B&B 1 7/8th LT, which bolt directly to my EVO exhaust, but I suspect these headers might require and additional piece to use the existing titanium x-pipe.

Or, do I use this .... "Optional extended H-Pipe with reduction to adapt 3” Connection Pipes to rear axle (Direct Bolt-In Kit)"

Last edited by FNBADAZ06; 10-19-2016 at 01:34 PM.
Old 10-19-2016, 02:53 PM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by FNBADAZ06
What would be needed to use these with the Akrapovic EVO exhaust system ? I'm currently using the B&B 1 7/8th LT, which bolt directly to my EVO exhaust, but I suspect these headers might require and additional piece to use the existing titanium x-pipe.

Or, do I use this .... "Optional extended H-Pipe with reduction to adapt 3” Connection Pipes to rear axle (Direct Bolt-In Kit)"
you have to go to their x pipe, done these and your akra x won't work unless you are willing to cut it and make it a slip joint at the mid portion of the x. At that point you would be saving an insignificant amount of weight to warrant keeping the akra and cutting it up.
The following users liked this post:
FNBADAZ06 (10-19-2016)
Old 10-19-2016, 03:49 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Originally Posted by FNBADAZ06

Please don't hack up a work of art like the Akra Ti system...but I doubt you would.

Its interesting to revive an old thread now and then...didn't recall the post below. While probably costly, I bet Burns could design a custom set that would retain your Akra Evo system just like the B&B LT's...but at what cost, and for what benefit is anybody's guess.

Originally Posted by JMB
I had Roman at Burns Stainless design my triple stepped headers for my 800FWHP LS7 and the primaries start at 1-7/8" with a 4" dia merge collector......he could have picked any size and he didn't....take a look at the number of headers they design and ask yourself......does an Internet rumor or amateur's opinion about 2" primary headers outweigh the professionals? I don't think so.....and as I sited above....you could get more power but not for the reason that you think you did! I happen to have 30+ years of experience in designing the ultimate quiet street exhaust systems that give up zero power so I'm happy to share some free advice

Get notified of new replies

To ARH 2" to 2 1/8" headers with 3.5" Hpipe, Vband connections, "Getting it done"

Old 10-19-2016, 04:00 PM
FNBADAZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 634 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by MTPZ06
Please don't hack up a work of art like the Akra Ti system...but I doubt you would.

Its interesting to revive an old thread now and then...didn't recall the post below. While probably costly, I bet Burns could design a custom set that would retain your Akra Evo system just like the B&B LT's...but at what cost, and for what benefit is anybody's guess.
No hacking up of the x-pipe for sure

I had given thought of the Burns route .....even sourced out this web article about having a custome set made ..... http://www.enginelabs.com/engine-tec...-race-headers/

Ultimately, I think Joe will be correct in that it would be worth the replacement of my titanium x-pipe in favor of using the ARH mid-pipe, which would then connect to my titanium over axle and muffler setup.
From a cost perspective, I would think the ARH solution would be the most cost effective, but I wouldn't be opposed to talking to Burns.

As I will be spraying my motor in the near future, the move to the 2" and a proper 3 1/2" collector is appealing.
Old 10-19-2016, 05:30 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

IMO, complete waste of money that can be spent better elsewhere.
Old 10-20-2016, 12:12 AM
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Unreal
IMO, complete waste of money that can be spent better elsewhere.
agree'd, I am all for moving you to a 2'' header but these I don't see the justification of the cost worth it. now on my car or unreals yes we would potentially gain something.

Quick Reply: [Z06] ARH 2" to 2 1/8" headers with 3.5" Hpipe, Vband connections, "Getting it done"