Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Outside Air Temperature Sensor Wiring Location

Old 10-25-2014, 08:31 PM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Outside Air Temperature Sensor Wiring Location

I ordered a new OAT sensor for my car since mine was missing one and my ambient temperature was just stating 75 all the time. Anyways, I believe it is installed on the radiator shroud on the passenger side...however, I have two identical connectors on that corner, neither plugged into anything. Both fit this new sensor and both reach the location. So which one is it? lol

One of them is connected via a harness extension it seems and is attached to the passenger front hood hinge. The other is just hanging out down low and they both seem to source back to the same wiring harness on the underside of the passenger frame rail. I'm just curious which one connects to this thing and if anyone knows what the other connector is for? They are both black 2 prong connectors with blue clips on the back side of them. I can post pics if necessary. I tried to search to no avail.
Old 10-25-2014, 09:30 PM
lane_change
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Pretty sure I figured this out.

The long sensor that is connected to the hood hinge is likely for an OEM hood light. Since I have an aftermarket hood with no light, that would explain the additional connector. So I opted to go for the shorter connector hanging down low and left the hood light (my guess) unconnected. If I'm wrong, please chime in.
Old 10-25-2014, 10:10 PM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Hood light.
Old 10-26-2014, 04:10 AM
Zoxxo
Safety Car

Received 266 Likes on 98 Posts

The one down low is the temp sensor connector.

If I recall correctly, the underhood lamp came standard on just the 2005-2006 cars and was eliminated as of the 2007 model year. You could (can?) still get one from GM if you wanted (want?) one. Hence the wiring still being there (GM normally does NOT leave unused wires in their harnesses.)

Z//

Get notified of new replies

To Outside Air Temperature Sensor Wiring Location

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] Outside Air Temperature Sensor Wiring Location