Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] A bit disappointed after first test drive...

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 01:06 PM
bearcatt
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

OH MY GAWD !

I BETTER GO OUT AND BUY A CUTE WITTLE BOXSTER
OR SISSY 2000 !

TODAY !!!

Old 10-29-2014, 03:45 PM
DON T.
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The_Ruski_Driver
Not sure you how could put the Z06 and the S2000 in the same sentence, sounds like trolling to me

First Z06 I drove I knew it was the car for me. The test drive in Mexico allowed me to hit 160+ in seconds... what a rush that was
Old 10-29-2014, 08:44 PM
rabrooks
Drifting

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by bearcatt

OH MY GAWD !

I BETTER GO OUT AND BUY A CUTE WITTLE BOXSTER
OR SISSY 2000 !

TODAY !!!

Good one!

Cut OP some slack. He didn't know the hornets nest he was poking at.

OP, drive a good Z and it will shut you up. Remember, testing in cold temps are a bad idea. Too much hp and not enough grip equals ditchbank.
Old 10-29-2014, 10:28 PM
MTPZ06
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,592 Likes on 1,335 Posts

Originally Posted by serg555
Overall, I didn't feel that Z06 is hugely different from the standard Corvette. I know the difference is there, and I probably would feel it clearly if I drove it for a few days, but my first reaction wasn't "holy sh*t" as I was hoping for. I wanted Z06 to be much more raw and more engaging version of a standard Corvette, but it almost didn't do anything for me...
As others have stated...you didnt drive it right. Wind it out well above 4K rpm and get back to us. Although, I have a feeling you're not getting back to us...
Old 10-29-2014, 11:16 PM
bearcatt
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rabrooks
Good one!

Cut OP some slack. He didn't know the hornets nest he was poking at.

OP, drive a good Z and it will shut you up. Remember, testing in cold temps are a bad idea. Too much hp and not enough grip equals ditchbank.

Old 10-30-2014, 12:54 AM
RegnaR
Burning Brakes

Received 228 Likes on 193 Posts

went from a S2000 to a Z06. The Z06 is way more fun to drive. Only thing i miss is you can get on it and still be doing the speed limit lol get on the Z and you are doing 100+ very quick
Old 10-31-2014, 09:16 AM
wrh3
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Similar to the OP, I was driving a Lotus Elise when I took a 2006 Z06 for a test drive......going from that to that I was underwhelmed by all but the motor, but it was tough REALLY driving the car since it was new, salesman was with me, no fun roads on the test drive, and I didn't want to beat on it.

Fast forward a few years and I have owned some BMWs and another Lotus and could not resist the deals on the last year C6 cars and bought a GS. Compared to other cars I have owned that provide more feedback that you can get in and drive at 8/10ths quickly, the Corvette does require some more seat time to learn.....on paper the LS3 and LS7 don't seem to be that far apart, in reality they feel VERY different so now a 427 has replaced the GS (I know, not a Z06 ).

I wish I had given the Corvette a chance earlier, I would have saved some money spent on other cars.....and at this point, although I used to say the C6 did not provide a lot of feedback, after spending time with the car you learn that it does but not the same way that a lighter car might if that is what you are used to.....you just have to learn the car.

Last edited by wrh3; 10-31-2014 at 09:20 AM.

Quick Reply: [Z06] A bit disappointed after first test drive...